• I would like to own a deluxe edition

35 67.31%
  • I'm not interested in the deluxe edition

1 1.92%
  • Undecided

3 5.77%

Thread: Deluxe Edition ver 1

Default Deluxe Edition ver 1

I just picked up a copy of the Deluxe edition (ver 1). It is in French, but that is not a major problem. The question here is: Do you think the Deluxe edition is worthwhile? I do; but would like to hear from fellow pilots...so, on to the poll.

Well, yes I would like a deluxe edition of the WW1 version of the game, but have absolutely no use for a WW2 version.

I have the WWII version and would love to have a WWI version.

I have the French edition. But will buy the 2nd English edition as soon as it comes out.

I would like to own both the first and second WWI Deluxe Box sets... one can never have too many extra card sets or minis!
    Last edited by The Cowman; 10-18-2010 at 15:48. Reason: terrible typos... Fat Fingers!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I have one on pre order, as I need to expand my American input into this war, and Like the idea of getting a Red Barron earlier aircraft without needing to do a repaint, and spoil one of the scarce all red machines.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I have a version 1 Deluxe WWI edition, and I love it. Not only are the miniatures very nice, but having 2 A decks plus a B deck all in one box is very useful.

I agree with Wolfbiter; for what you get with the deluxe set, the price point is very attractive. The extra damage decks are a plus, and with the included planes you can begin flying scenarios immediately. Not bad at all for under $50!

I own both WW1 and WW2 deluxe sets (WW1 is French as well; I just downloaded the English rules from this site), and I recommend these sets for anyone getting started in the game. If you are already in the game that you have minis and damage decks from the other boxed sets, you still might want to consider this set just for the minis themselves. That being said, I do not plan on purchasing the revised deluxe set; I feel one is sufficient.

Cheers!

I don't have it yet, but as soon as the 2nd edition (English) comes out, I'll likely get it.
    Does the WWI deluxe set come with different mini's or the same as those you buy seperately?

Scott

The original set came with planes you could also buy in boosters:

1) Manfred von Richtofen Fokker Dr.I (all red)
    2) Barraca Spad XIII (Italian)
    3) Barker Sopwith Camel
    4) Udet Albatros D.Va

However, while the new set is supposed to come with the same four types of planes, I gather the new paint schemes will be exclusive to the Mk. II set and not sold in boosters...unless anyone has heard differently?

I went ahead and bought the old set because Fokker Dr.Is are so tricky to locate and buy right now anywhere!

If it was here in the States the pole would be a lot different. I have the Dow Deluxe Set and am just waiting for the other one.

Tom

Plan on getting the Revised Delux Edition(WWI) as soon as it comes out.

Colort schemes will be exclusive for the deluxe, not available in boosters.

I have the 1st Italian edition. I'll buy the 2nd Italian edition ASAP to have extra card sets and new minis.

Thumbs up

I have a pre-order with my LGS for a few copies; the good Lord knows when I'll see a triplane again, so I'm looking to buy for repainting. The SPADs and Camels I can use also. As for the Albatros...well, lest just say I' planning on painting up a Jasta. As stated already, the pricing per plane makes this very attractive, and the extra cards will be useful.
    Jager

Default Price is to high!

Price is to high!

Mike where are you getting the pricing on this? I haven't even seen them on sale in the U.S. yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    Price is to high!

Smile

I too plan on a purchase of the revised Deluxe edition. When it lands of course..

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Mike where are you getting the pricing on this? I haven't even seen them on sale in the U.S. yet.
    MSRP is $69.95 as listed at the Fantasy Flight Website:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_m...sem=2&esum=136

(Not that that would stop me from getting one when it comes out. Frank Luke, Roy Brown, and Paul Bäumer are worth it!)
    Last edited by tuladin; 10-22-2010 at 14:05.

Thanks Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    MSRP is $69.95 as listed at the Fantasy Flight Website:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_m...sem=2&esum=136

Not that that would stop me from getting one when it comes out. Frank Luke, Roy Brown, and Paul Bäumer are worth it!)

I also picked up a French version (Version 1) ordering it from Imaginaire.

Had some fun with the rules last Tuesday. I handed them to my wingman for the game (his first) to look over before we started. He said it was a good joke but now I'm not so sure. In the game I went down in flames while he continued on to get credit for a kill.

I guess the lesson is - don't play practical jokes on your wingman. He might just "accidentally" be looking elsewhere when you need him to cover you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    I have the French edition. But will buy the 2nd English edition as soon as it comes out.

Ditto

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Revised Deluxe Edition
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 03:51
  2. Wings of War League Rules, Master Edition
    By CappyTom in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 01:59
  3. WW2 Deluxe Set Available in UK
    By DarkMattah in forum WGS: General Discussions