Ares Games

Thread: Re Stafford games.

Default Re Stafford games.

Just went on Stafford Games and got this Message.

Stafford Games shop and online shop has now closed!

We would like to thank all our customers for thier support over the last ten years.
    If you have any queries regarding outstanding orders please contact jack@battlefieldhobbies.co.uk

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The guy who used to run Stafford Games now goes to my wargames club, I think that he is still going to shows but I'm not sure, if you want me to Rob I can find out as I might see him this coming Sunday.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Didn't Stafford Games close during November 2015? There is a thread on here somewhere entitled Stafford Games is no more.

Sad to see as though they let us down at Doncaster 2015 Stafford Games was obviously quite highly thought of. I never had the chance to buy anything from them myself although I remember the WingCo encouraging me to pick up a Sails Starter Pack from them for what seemed like a very reasonable price @ Doncaster 2015. Though an explanation would have been favourable on the day I remember reading in the other thread of how family life got in the proprietor's way of coming to see us at the last minute.

Posted on Facebook....
    Stafford Games Acquired by Battlefield Hobbies!
    Stafford Games has been an integral part of the UK wargaming community since it opened in 2005 and I want to thank you for being an important part of that success.
    Stafford Games has just been purchased by Battlefield Hobbies, a new shop and games venue in Daventry, Northamptonshire and we are currently in the process of transferring all of our current stock to Battlefield Hobbies.
    Battlefield Hobbies will be opening on Saturday November 28, 2015, and will stock everything we’ve always offered and more. Set up by my good friends Nobby and Hammy, it’s going to be a comfortable venue with a custom designed gaming area and a space for tournament play.
    Their new website, www.battlefieldhobbies.co.uk, will be live soon, but in the meantime orders placed with Stafford Games will be fulfilled by Battlefield Hobbies. Nobby and Hammy hope to be able to fulfil all orders, but in cases where it is not possible, a full refund will be provided.
    I’m going to become a part of the Battlefield Hobbies Team and will be attending shows on their behalf across the country including Derby, Warfare, Salute, Colours and many others, starting with Vapnartak in York on February 7th 2016.

Yes we found out about Stafford at Barrage inNovember I think it was.
    Roland will nolonger run the shop as he is going to do a uni course, but his plan was to run a stall at various shows in the guise of the new owners.
    Prodmoroi is a friend of the new owners and has been talking to them about keeping up the Glory series but we shall have to see.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Did anyone see Battlefield Hobbies in attendance at Vapartnak yesterday? That facebook posting ends with them hoping to have been there but I don't remember reading anything from anyone about them being seen or bought from.

Unlike my local lot who kind of let the side down with atrocious prices and a product line-up which left much to be desired apparently!

Good luck to Roland with his university course - I remember reading about this in the other thread too. I've got a friend at Uni (Richard Seville - spoke to him today) at the moment and I cannot imagine how he would be able to run a business as well as remain as committed to reading for a degree as he has to be. He is however going to let me play an Airco DH.4 during our next game of WGF - see Airco DH.4 - Which One? thread as to why I've developed an interest in these aircraft

Similar Missions

1. Stafford Games no more
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 23:54
  2. Well Done 12-7 Games!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 00:55
  3. 12-7-games
    By va beach ace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2