Thread: Lost Link

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

Default Lost Link

I've had to transfer the contents of my old computer to a new one, and in the process I seem to have lost a link. I'm hoping someone can help me find it. It was a site for aircraft of both world wars, sorted by nation, by type, and by war, and when I clicked on a link for, say, a SPAD XIII, it would bring up a list of several dozen images, coloured drawings, not photographs, to illustrate different paint schemes in different years and different theatres of war.

If anyone can help me find it, I will be grateful.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Looking for you now Bruce. One of my favourites is www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft but I am googling Aircraft Of The World Wars to see what I can find other than Wikipedia all the time.

I think Jane's Online / World Aircraft only offers basics and one image as opposed to several. I empathise with how frustrating changing PCs can be from when my hard drive quit on me two years ago and I had to buy a new PC ... AND memorize all of my Microsoft Flight Simulator links as part of the process!

I don't know if this is the one you are looking for but it might help: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww15/f/361/75/0#1

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruce
    Sorties Flown

Yes, Brian, that is the one. Thank you so much for your speedy response, and you as well, Barney - I have found your suggested site (military factory) useful in the past, but not so much for images. Again, thanks to all who have worked on this problem for me.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

It's a pleasure Bruce and I am glad you have been able to re-link to the website you were looking for.

I kept being directed at Wikipedia by Google this side of The Pond but never mind it was fun searching

Another good site, this time for photos and often a few coloured drawings and even 3-views is http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Indexes/Crafts1-1.htm

Similar Missions

1. Hero lost
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 13:40
  2. One more ACE lost
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 19:15
  3. Lost B-17
    Replies: 10