Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avro Vulcan B.2 XH560: Missions Flown in 2016.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Not sure when Stingray will be running again. I don't think it will be this year, I don't like to take the same game to a show 2 years running (WSF excepted of course)
    That's a shame but understandable at the same time. I suppose you can then never feel that people have seen the same thing twice as the saying goes.

Maybe / hopefully the opportunity will come about next year

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

JUST A QUICK ONE OR ELSE MY DINNER IS IN THE KITTENS!!! But XL321 is Game Ready as of today - March 8th 2016.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39. Little and Large GET THAT Spitfire!.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	190218

Name:	40. XL321 Ready To Fly.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	190219

Bonus: Supermarine Spitfire Mk IIc P8131 of 276 Air Sea Rescue Squadron RAF also in pictures ... Enjoy!

Yell

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    JUST A QUICK ONE OR ELSE MY DINNER IS IN THE KITTENS!!! But XL321 is Game Ready as of today - March 8th 2016.

Name:	Derby Second Dreamliner Flypast 2013!.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	190666

Now all I get to hear about is b****y Boeing 787s all the time! This is a photo of one flying low over Derby in fact - just to rub it in!!!

Yell

The Aerodrome has just tried my patience for the FINAL time

In fact may I suggest you leave too whilst I am at it.
    ???????????????????????????????

BTW - I am going nowhere.
    Last edited by Yell; 03-12-2016 at 05:27. Reason: CAPS used removed. Sorry.

Yell

THREE-TWO-ONE AND REST!

I think we have been listening to Going Like A Ton Of Elephants by Barney D.

Give me the Shoo-Shoo Shuffle any day!

Sorry everyone! But Barn will make his next appearance here when he has got something rather more positive to say - or even sing about.

Yell! Don't bother. Nobody cares. The Aerodrome has just tried my patience for the FINAL time

In fact may I suggest you leave too whilst I am at it.
    Geez, what on earth has happened now??????

Yell

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Geez, what on earth has happened now??????
    Hi David. I am afraid Barn appears to be relapsing and badly.

I am trying to help him but I'm bearing the brunt too so please bear with me and hope for the best.

I live with someone who has different issues but similar outcomes, so I can appreciate where he is, as far as anyone can.
    Last edited by David Manley; 03-12-2016 at 08:45.

The elves and I are praying for a good recovery and peace of heart and mind.

I'll add my simple and sincere well-wishes.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Yell View Post

Name:	Derby Second Dreamliner Flypast 2013!.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	190666
    Yell! Where has this photo come from? I actually SAW this happen because the Rolls-Royce powered Spitfire Mk 19 and Boeing 787-8 were overflying the main RR production plant on Raynesway in Derby on July 7th 2013.

We were previously overflown like this on August 17th 2010 by Boeing 787-8 prototype ZA002 for the same reason. Rumour had it that on that first occasion a Spitfire and a Hurricane were to have accompanied ZA002 in making it's flypast after leaving the Farnborough Airshow that year. But amidst concerns about formation flight separation and wake turbulence I think it was the Spitfire which went TECH putting a halt to all this anyway.
    Last edited by Tonx; 05-14-2016 at 13:49. Reason: Nice ... But the WGF Zeppelin Staaken is TONS more impressive!

Yell

Yell! Unfortunately the last big jet which left just now was being Commanded by me.
    Yeah I am in the back hanging on for dear life. Because you are behaving like a REAL dweeb!

I think I'm gonna chunder!

Hoping you get better soon Barney.

To add, great pics of your latest Vulcan.

The post WW2 section will miss your input. So go slow come, back quickly.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Really sorry to hear this about Barney, Yell.
    He seemed so well when I was joined by himself and Marion at Hammerhead last week.
    I do hope he comes through this latest setback O.K.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Get well soon Barney Theres always a place for you in the Forum with your knowledge of planes.
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Somehow ... Tonx didn't just parachute back in through the Officer's Mess window ... Now that would have been a load of margie-bargie!

Parachuting safely back into a sensible landing at MAN within next 24 hours ... Being flown back via Blackburn Boombox C Mk 1 on my own.

Sidekick experiencing parachute problems ... Note to Sidekick: Some SPRING CLEANING is required. Help available on arrival.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Returning to the Avro Vulcan I almost forgot to mention that whilst I was away XM655 was built over the space of three days ... But there is a twist!

This is the Avro Vulcan B.2 which is currently preserved at Wellesbourne Mountford which is near Stratford on Avon.

So that makes four Vulcans now available for WGS in 1:200 Scale: XH560 which started all this off / 27 Squadron and camouflage ... XM595 Dumbo (!) / 27 and 617 Squadron's shared aircraft in early 1970s camouflage ... XL321 (In Memory of Steve Hague - SY Air Museum) / 617 Squadron anti-flash white ... XM655 (located in Brisbane QLD where this aircraft was completed) / 101 Squadron in camouflage.

So when my sidekick successfully parachutes back in there will definitely be some photos of WGS Avro Vulcan B.2 XM655

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

EXCLUSIVE! First photographs taken of Avro Vulcan B.2 for WGS XM655 in 101 Squadron RAF colours: Which is now resident in Brisbane QLD with my Sister Danielle (Yell) ...

Name:	DSC_0055.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	197377
    Avro Vulcan B.2 XM655 (101 Sq RAF) is mounted on an Aerodrome Accessories WGS Heavy Bomber Stand. Currently available from Keith at AA the other three Avro Vulcans are also equipped with these now.

Name:	DSC_0057.jpg 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	197378
    Avro Vulcan B.2 XM655 (101 Sq RAF) after a long story was built in Annerley which is in Brisbane QLD. She travelled 9,455 Nautical Miles to her new home part-made up and is now owned by Danielle.

Name:	DSC_0058.jpg 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	197379
    Avro Vulcan B.2 XM655 (101 Sq RAF) cannot bask in too much Queensland sunshine or like I said to Yell she will be renaming this one Icarus!

XM655 is fully fitted out and equipped with an R1 Manoeuver Card Deck and scanned bombing and tactical cards / Airplane and Airplane Management Cards by Mike (OldGuy59) and so could be activated if required.

and no pic of Yell with that model. Barney you missed a trick there old chap.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    and no pic of Yell with that model. Barney you missed a trick there old chap.
    What trick?

Anyway somebody needed to take the photos which arrived yesterday
    Last edited by Tonx; 05-24-2016 at 15:44. Reason: Playing Wings of Glory on cocaine: Now THERE'S a trick for you!

Missing the first rule, Neil? "Thou shalt not covet thy squadronmate's sister..." (Well, second after "...thy squadronmate's companion." LOL)

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I'm filing notice to reserve call signs for two aircraft if my "Old Dog" builds ever start, and I think you'll appreciate the humor behind one of 'em: Black Bulk and Reaper.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Missing the first rule, Neil? "Thou shalt not covet thy squadronmate's sister..."
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So fantastically put! Never mind the Old Dog ... The legend here is you for that one. I do hope you are able to make forward progress on the Old Dog builds soon though.

BTW - I do have a photo of Yell taken at Eaglefarm (Brisbane International) earlier this month ... But she is screaming her head off with a landing TNT Boeing 777 Freighter 50 feet above her! If I posted that I'd severely incur her wrath!!!

There's a lot of design and engineering that has to happen before I even think of buying parts... and with research for Ares, a weekly column I just started on a large American politics site (trust me, that vile creature with the dead animal on his head is NOT part of the Party that I'm the first in the family to break with since the Civil War!), trying to get thirty years of my mother's crap and my own packed up and moved, having to do cleaning and organizing at the house we're gradually moving into since the aunt we're moving in with is about as useful as the male mammary gland...

Let's see: each bird will require a new V-tail, a scratchbuilt fuselage extension and new inboard wing section, four GE90-115B engines, two new tanks for each wingtip, two new or redesigned pylons each wing, towed decoys, point-defense lasers... "Black Bulk" is a goof on Black Buck, something my frat brothers used to refer to me by when I was either wearing The Suit in my Executive Protection role or fully Tactical Trolled out in black BDU. (I'm a kinda heavy fella, 5'6" and 220#.) "Reaper" is what my ex-fighter-jock prof used to refer to the combination of the "Anti-Air Warfare" B-52 and its crazy creator as when he tangled with us in the sim... he usually found himself getting a faceful of AMRAAM right as he was starting to get a lock. LOL (Ain't off-board targeting assistance fun? )
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Yell

BTW - I do have a photo of Yell taken at Eaglefarm (Brisbane International) earlier this month ... But she is screaming her head off with a landing TNT Boeing 777 Freighter 50 feet above her! If I posted that I'd severely incur her wrath!!!
    When I come over to Hammerhead 2016 you can take my photo with Barn then as I look truly AWFUL on the 777 photo! Barn if you post it on here I will complain as you did not have my permission. I'll say done without knowledge: CAPISCHE?

*tries to figure out if Yell's Pattern of Behavior better matches the profile of "Bossy Older Sister" or one of the various options at the other end of the range*

(I kid, I kid. Don't throw anything...)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Yell View Post
    CAPISCHE?
    Eight-five.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

*tries to figure out if Yell's Pattern of Behavior better matches the profile of "Bossy Older Sister" or one of the various options at the other end of the range*
    Bossy Older Sister is actually bit protective younger sister: BUT if she even dreams of throwing anything at this exchange I'll be having a word or two in here ear ...

Amazed there's actually been anything posted at all from Yell but hey-ho. Access problems-this and access problems-that beginning to bore me a bit now!

Sometimes it just takes a little Shock Therapy... though I usually prefer to deliver mine via cattle-prod or taser. LOL

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Sometimes it just takes a little Shock Therapy... though I usually prefer to deliver mine via cattle-prod or taser. LOL
    My thing to Yell about growing up apart from her was that as older brother I never got a chance to blow her up with my chemistry set or take her into the garden with my friends and play cricket with her ... Here some say that younger sisters are for throwing down the stairs too but for obvious reasons I stopped short of that! Next thing I know she is telling me that her friend Paige still has a scar from a chemistry set-inflicted accident aged 7 & it's on her right arm.

So my choice of two words if she threw a wobbly would just be ... Chemistry Set! Speaking of which where did you pick up capische from Yell?! Mine to you is always comprendez?

You should see my mother and I with the inflatable Clue-Bats... lol My family has this uncanny trait that even Louisville Sluggers break against our thick skulls.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Thumbs up Avro Vulcan B2 Test Flights XM595 / THUNDERBALL and XL321 / FIREBALL - May 25th 2016.

I would like Keith from AA to see the photos from these two flights so he can see just what his WGS Heavy Bomber Stands (available from AA) are capable of when it comes to what else is able to use them / versatility.

Keith will also be able to spot if I have removed all the protective paper from the stand components this time

DATE: 25MAY16 MSG READS: Operation T-BALL: Vulcan XM595 operating as Thunderball 595 from RAF Boddington. Aircraft to fly northbound and ascend to 5,000 feet and receive orders in the air. Until received aircraft to maintain 5,000 feet on heading advised with an airspeed not to exceed 200 knots. This is not a drill and aircraft STD is 11:00 HRS GMT :MSG ENDS:

Then it's bonus time!

DATE: 25MAY16 MSG READS: Operation F-BALL: Vulcan XL321 operating as Fireball 321 from RAF Boddington. Aircraft to fly southbound and ascend to 5,000 feet and receive orders in the air. Until received aircraft to maintain 5,000 feet on heading advised with an airspeed not to exceed 200 knots. This is not a drill and aircraft STD is 12:00 HRS GMT :MSG ENDS:

Busy day Barn ... Hell YEAH!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Well ... What can we say? Today's Avro Vulcan post maintenance test-flights ended today with the grandest of the grand finales: TWO Vulcans in the sky AT THE SAME TIME!

Name:	12. Fireball 321 is XL321 in anti-flash white.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	197497

Name:	20. THUNDERBALL 595 as Mission Part 2 begins.jpg 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	197498

The understanding was that as FIREBALL 321 / XL321 which took off first despite the way the orders were looking earlier was recovering to base from the south I was distracted by a phone call from Marie Clare at Chopper Squad and had to multi-task for a bit. Amidst that phone call about working over this weekend I originally declined the offer at which point Marie Clare said that thes wer totally unlike me - ah soun jus like a poofta wen I say I cannae do it / Massive guffaw from Sylvia at Chopper Squad in background who had obviously just heard what Marie Clare had said jokingly to me: Ye callin me a poofta?! I responded rather shocked with.

Name:	27. Overflight!.jpg 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	197499

Name:	31. Going Around as XM595 was instructed to ....jpg 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	197500

Name:	32. THIS IS 'KING UNBELIEVABLE!.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	197501

Name:	34. Two Vulcans in the sky at the same time.jpg 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	197502

Aye ... letha pants an a fancy gool shirt! Marie Clare responded with - in fact if I put this section of the conversation as taken down verbatim in the AAR that will help to explain all this further. Either way next thing I knew somehow THUNDERBALL 595 / XM595 was gone from the runway and back in the air. Due to the presence of dangerous wake turbulence from XM595 ... XL321 was instructed to Go Around! Conversation with Marie Clare ended rather abruptly on this note with my arm twisted and an agreement that I will cover this weekend's activity with her ... Previded she gets et tha ahm nae a poofta!

Name:	37. XL321 in the air at the same time as XM595.jpg 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	197503

Name:	39. Fireball 321 is behind Thunderball 595 to land.jpg 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	197504

Name:	41. Thunderball 595 Recovers To Base at RAF Boddington.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	197505

So there we have it: Two Vulcans in the air from RAF Boddington within 1000 metres of one another for 15 minutes as both of them came around the VFR Circuit to make a visual landing one behind the other. Pleased to report that both aircraft have now recovered to base safely. An AAR will be released by the OFC very shortly ... After they have stopped laughing at the sound of the phone call which may have for the first time in decades put two mighty RAF Avro Vulcan bombers into the sky at the same time!

Name:	44. Two Vulcans To The Sky!.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	197506

Name:	50. Today's Mission is dedicated to ... Danielle. Awww big softy!.jpg 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	197507

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Phone conversation RAF Boddington Tower -> Chopper Squad as taken down verbatim is now available: See my latest Blog Entry concerning the May 25th 2016 mission: It appears under BLOGS.

Actually, Reaper callsign withdrawn from B-52 "Hunter-Killer" project for reallocation to something far bigger... and deadlier--on a level that a United States Air Force general officer having only seen the general layout drawings and conceptual specs referred to it as "the Doomsday Plane."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Just found out that Herpa Wings have manufactured a 1:200 Scale B-52H but it's landing gear is locked in the DOWN position unlike our Vulcans which are resin / undercarriage optional.

Bit of a shame but these Herpa Wings models are also GBP Ł60.00 a shot ... Or I would have had a go at putting one into WGS by now!

Will have to settle for the OFC: Oil Flying Corps Nieuport Ni.28 idea I am now able to experiment with - though this will be for WGF!

The Minicraft 1/200 BUFF is a better bet for our purposes anyway, both in ease of alteration and weight.

Now how would you do a stand for a miniature TWO FEET long and just as wide? O.O

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

The Minicraft 1/200 BUFF is a better bet for our purposes anyway, both in ease of alteration and weight.

Now how would you do a stand for a miniature TWO FEET long and just as wide? O.O
    Agree on reflection plus there is all the fun of building and painting it ... Just not anti-flash white as white paint and I have a relatively tempestuous relationship.

My bid to create a stand for a BEAUT that size would begin with a very polite Dear Keith at AA ... As I regard him as the Accessories and Laser Cutting expert after what I have received hand-made from him so far.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Question Avro Vulcan B.2 For WGS XM655 - Question.

SERIOUS QUESTION:

In order to become fully operational Avro Vulcan B.2 For WGS XM655 requires a set of target and bomb cards from an Avro Lancaster B.III Heavy Bomber.

Before scanning these do I need permission as these will be scans of original artwork for an Unofficial type of aircraft?

Though not for commercial use I still do not want to find myself in breach of any copyright laws. After all XM655 was not manufactured by Ares Games as implied above with unofficial ...

If permission is required who do I approach please?

Anyone else flying jet missions?

Yep, Me262s
    Last edited by Guntruck; 07-08-2016 at 11:57.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Steve this is the Post WW2 section. But I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Steve this is the Post WW2 section. But I get your point.

The Czechs flew 262s post WW2 (albeit Avia versions)
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Avro Vulcan Retires
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-07-2016, 19:45
  2. Multiplayer: WGS-Compatible Avro Vulcan B.2 XH560: Missions Flown During 2015.
    By Tonx in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 19:51
  3. Last Vulcan flight
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 12:25
  4. Making my unique Staaken R.VI
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 00:52
  5. 1/144 planes - unique offer!