Ares Games

Thread: 1915

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ross
    Sorties Flown

Default 1915

I am thinking about starting a KOTA campaign but have it starting from 1915. I have ordered Fokker EIII's and DH2's from skytrex and plan to use them as the main aircraft. Also, i have bought the immelmann booster pack. Once i get to 1916 i plan to play the campaign as normal. Has anyone tried this? Ran into any problems? If anyone has any ideas for a 1915 mission tree to tie in with the current KOTA mission tree im all ears

Cheers

Ross

Ross, I can't see any issues with starting the campaign in 1915. i only started in 1916 as my group only used the official WoW minis.

As for adding missions, I would just slide the 1916 and 1917 missions over to 1915 and 1916 respectively. You could then add in some new bombing missions for 1917 using Flight of Giants as a basis. Then just mesh these new missions so they connect to the 1918 ones.

Good. I'll try out the BE2c that I've just finished. No match for the Eindecker though. Guess this will be a one way trip.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ross
    Sorties Flown

Thanks guys,i was just wondering. Ill let you all know how i get on.

Ross

I was more or less thinking along the same lines as Ross regarding the miniatures. I have an order ready to go to Skytrex too but I was also wanting to get some Albatros DII's and I was wondering if anyone's using them in the game and, if so, which card decks are they playing with? Is using the same cards as the Albatros DIII the best I can do? And while I’m at it I may as well ask if anyone’s using FE2B’s and BE2C’s as well?

Tom

I found a custom made card for the BE2C in the download section. I think I'll be adding Captain Owen Triggers' name to that one.
    Last edited by Tom Cundall; 10-17-2010 at 13:07.

This thread includes info on the FE2, and a further link within it will give you suggested game data for it: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2090

Regarding the Albatros DII, it's virtually the same speed as the DIII so it's manoeuvre deck should be close enough. It climbs far worse than the DIII (almost 300ft/min less), so I'd consider increasing the climb rate by a point. Maybe drop a point off it's hits too.

Smile

That sounds good to me.Thanks Iain.

I just dropped in into this KOTA -campaign So I missed a couple of answers on a couple of questions that have probably been asked already :

-Is there a pre-determined set of missions one has to follow?
    -Are we to use only the missions that are in the ( different ) rule-books ?

I would like to start my part of this campaign so I need to know what is allowed and what isn't.

Alex, all of the missions for KotA are in the rules. No other missions should be played as these missions are scripted to flow with the campaign. The missions are numbered 1-9 and should be played in order. When a mission number has more then one mission, like 2a and 2b, the attackers get to pick which one of those they play. If they pick 2a for example, then for mission 3 their choices would be 3a or 3b. Just follow the arrows on the mission tree (page 12 I think) and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good. I'll try out the BE2c that I've just finished. No match for the Eindecker though. Guess this will be a one way trip.
    Rob.
    That's why they're 'Fokker fodder'!

Similar Missions

1. OFFICIAL REPORT ON THE ZEEPELIN RAID ON HULL IN JUNE 1915
    By usmc1855 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 20:04