Ares Games
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fokker D.VII Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Good luck everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts.
    As am I!

Submitted mine, 20:36 East coast time...

Good luck everyone.

I'm curious for the results!
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Contest closed 4 mins ago. If your PM to me was not time stamped before 4 mins ago, I'm afraid your too late

And there are officially 27 entries for this contest!!

Now, it's going to take me several days to get the voting thread all sorted out, so hang in there folks.

Karo 7

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    And there are officially 27 entries for this contest!!

Now, it's going to take me several days to get the voting thread all sorted out, so hang in there folks.
    Can't wait seeing all the great schemes...

Good luck everyone!
    I'm dying to see the repaints!

Disclaimer: I'm in just for the fun. And fun I had and I think i will have.

Wow, 27! The latest bomber contest with 13 had some fantastic planes, this is going to be wonderful. What has been the most entries in a competition?

Time didn't permit me to make an entry so it will be nice to run an unbiased eye over the entries, rather than sizing up the competition. Good luck to everyone who entered.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Are members who submitted entries allowed to vote? Reminds me of a peanuts cartoon where everyone voted for themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by HotleadColdfeet View Post
    Are members who submitted entries allowed to vote? Reminds me of a peanuts cartoon where everyone voted for themselves...
    You can.
    But voting in yourself will weight in the number of reincarnations you will have to suffer yet. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Well finally finished the little beast this afternoon. Making a pilot from Milliput and then painting and fitting him into the plane was not as easy as I thought it should have been, but why I'm surprised at that I don't know as nothing has been easy with this project.
    Fool that i am I have now got back onto the second model but with some experience gained from the first I'm hoping for a better build. I will not paint (and Wing Decal) this one first before assembly.
    Got my entry off to the Oberst this afternoon so worries about missing the deadline were, after all, unfounded. Still, a close run thing!
    Rebel

So much for complacency! My internet connection was down all day Sunday so did not get the Oberst reply until to-day. I had apparently only sent him 1 BB code instead of 3. Now done but due to interweb connection problems, after the deadline! I am hoping that I will still be included as I did get my original mail in on 30th
    so hopeful.
    Bloody computers!!!! Now having problems sending this post internet connection not stable again. Keeps flicking in and out but not in long enough to send! Engineer supposed to be here to sort it either to-day or tomorrow. Can't be soon enough. Developments - internet connection light now RED was flickering GREEN. I give up!
    Rebel
    PS. I originally tried to post this at 11.40 hours GMT and it is now 15.17 hours GMT and I am trying again.
    Last edited by Rebel; 02-01-2016 at 07:21. Reason: Duplicated 'Quote' removed and missing word inserted.

Whole 27 entries

That's great!

Karo 7

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Whole 27 entries

That's great!
    "Viel Feind - viel Ehr'". Just kidding. I participated just for fun and excited by the number of participants.

So much for complacency! My internet connection was down all day Sunday so did not get the Oberst reply until to-day. I had apparently only sent him 1 BB code instead of 3.
    While it's up to Herr Oberst, you got your e-mail in. A later correction giving additional BB codes should be OK. You have provided evidence that it was finished before the deadline, and you only *need* one photo by the letter of the rules, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    While it's up to Herr Oberst, you got your e-mail in. A later correction giving additional BB codes should be OK. You have provided evidence that it was finished before the deadline, and you only *need* one photo by the letter of the rules, anyway.
    Thank you Zoe for your calming thoughts. Very much appreciated. Salute!

Quote Originally Posted by HotleadColdfeet View Post
    karma throws me enought boom cards already i dont need more.

So much for complacency! My internet connection was down all day Sunday so did not get the Oberst reply until to-day. I had apparently only sent him 1 BB code instead of 3. Now done but due to interweb connection problems, after the deadline! I am hoping that I will still be included as I did get my original mail in on 30th
    so hopeful.
    Bloody computers!!!! Now having problems sending this post internet connection not stable again. Keeps flicking in and out but not in long enough to send! Engineer supposed to be here to sort it either to-day or tomorrow. Can't be soon enough. Developments - internet connection light now RED was flickering GREEN. I give up!
    Rebel
    PS. I originally tried to post this at 11.40 hours GMT and it is now 15.17 hours GMT and I am trying again.
    No worries Reg, you good. You had proof that you were done well before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Karo 7 View Post
    "Viel Feind - viel Ehr'". Just kidding. I participated just for fun and excited by the number of participants.
    I must say, I can hardly wait for the new contest

Karo 7

I'm curious which models were used. I hope upcoming contests consider the available models from relevant third party companies.
    Last edited by Karo 7; 02-02-2016 at 10:18. Reason: Mistake

We had entries using the Ares mini, Valom kits, and Shapeway 3D printed minis. So, third party companies were pretty well represented.

Karo 7

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    We had entries using the Ares mini, Valom kits, and Shapeway 3D printed minis. So, third party companies were pretty well represented.
    Of course. I've used a Valom kit by myself. I think the great response in these challenge is owed to the fact, that the Fokker D.VII has an excellent availability through many different manufacturers. Additionally there are so many different schemes. A great choice for a challenge, Keith!

Quote Originally Posted by Karo 7 View Post
    Of course. I've used a Valom kit by myself. I think the great response in these challenge is owed to the fact, that the Fokker D.VII has an excellent availability through many different manufacturers. Additionally there are so many different schemes. A great choice for a challenge, Keith!
    Didn't used to be so available! I remember the long dark teatime betwixt the first release and the reprints! Shapeways filled the gap and boy did we buy them! I have 22 in my collection now with a dozen on the shelf for no reason what so ever! : ) Even some odd ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    You can.
    But voting in yourself will weight in the number of reincarnations you will have to suffer yet. Just sayin'.
    Voting for yourself is a time-honored tradition! Besides, that's the only way my entry will receive any votes.

Any word on when we can start the viewing and voting?

Sorry, it's gonna be several more days. Kind of swamped right now.

Karo 7

another several days ... time for a interlude:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Missions

1. Solo: The Ensign's Challenge:
    By THECCRICH in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 13:37
  2. Laying down a challenge!
    By FarEast in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 14:36