Ares Games

Thread: taking the king kong idea a bit further ww2 style

Lightbulb taking the king kong idea a bit further ww2 style

Ok so I looked around on ebay for a king kong to battle my ww1 fighters. Thers some neat stuff and some real hoaky stuff out there as well. In my opinion a modified mcfarlane kong would have fit the bill, but then theres storage and kong doesnt really fit into the ww2 era..well not really. So first things first, I plan on more planes and adding ww2 and kong just wont fit in a plano 732 (my current storage system) so my solution was this find a picture of what I thought would be a perfect king kong for a ww1 game, put it through an art program on my computer and presto a double sided heavy card stock king kong that stands about 9 inches tall and folds flat for storage. By now your wondering if im posting in the right group right? Well since there really werent any more giant monsters of the movies in that era being attacked by biplanes I looked to ww2. So I decided to set up other characters in a similar fashion to the kong expansion. I added Reptilicus, a giant snake, the amazing colossal man and the giant claw all double sided standing around 9 inches with modified d6 attack pads that fold flat for storage. I havent really set down the rules yet but they will move around with there own movement decks and have there own attack decks. This project was stalled out by a ww1 ghost plane project and printer ink but the planes and its cards are done and I have a new ink cartridge so it shouldnt be long. I do play regular combat games but I still feel wacky is where its at....feel free to tell me what you think.

I had searched for a King Kong a while back but gave up after seeing only the hoaky ones. Could be an iinteresting game with some out of the box thinking. Hmmm...I might just have to go there!
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

For WW2 planes, how about using a Godzilla figure?

For those interested you can see some photos in my album

The idea is pretty good. Would be interesting to see some WWII planes fighting something that arent planes. There are rules for a WWI game against King Kong in BGG, just look it up if you are interested. Godzilla idea is nice too. I think its easier to find a Godzilla figure than a King Kong one. If im not mistaken, I actually think I have a gorila figure somewhere in my house... Just have to find it. :P
    Thanks

Nick

Similar Missions

1. WoG in Hong Kong?
    By Baxter in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 12:15
  2. Speed is King?
    By Kaiser in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 09:52
  3. Pictorial AAR - Armoury Games vs. Kong - Pickerington, Ohio 2-27-2011