Ares Games

Thread: Damage Decks: Multiple copies

Default Damage Decks: Multiple copies

Hello, soon to be new player here... I read somewhere that some like to play with more than one damage deck (ie, 2 or more copies of the same deck, shuffled together). Does it matter if you mix decks from WoW and WoG? The backs will be different of course, but are the cards the same size? I have the WoG rules & accessories pack on order, but see opportunities here and there to pick up a WoW box (Aces or Watch your Back) for about the same price as the R & A pack. I'm just wondering if I should even bother? Does it defeat the purpose to have different backs? Are the decks incompatible? Should just pick up a 2nd WoG rules & accessories pack if I want more damage decks? Do I even need more than one copy? Opinions? Thanks in advance.

Cards are the same size.

Try and pick up the Burning Drachens box as it has all damage decks, A, B, C and D. It also has the full token set including those for the balloons.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Cards are the same size.

Try and pick up the Burning Drachens box as it has all damage decks, A, B, C and D. It also has the full token set including those for the balloons.
    Great advice.

Mixing WoW with WoG decks: does it matter that the backs are different?

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    The only issue I can think of are the explosion-cards
    If say the Ares-typ card has been drawn and it is a Ares card on top of the deck. Well that can't be an explosion, can it.
    But you have the same problem if you play with only one deck. When the explosion is gone, it's gone.
    So I'd say. Shuffle and play!

No it doesn't Brian - the cards are compatible, same size, number etc but are very different styles so it's up to you but if the sets you see are similar prices then I'd go with ordering a second RAP - you'll get all the card sets and they will be the same style. Doubling the sets is a good idea but only really necessary if playing more than four planes at a time. BD doesn't have a B deck if I recall correctly but does have flat card balloons

Last edited by flash; 09-02-2015 at 23:35.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    ... When the explosion is gone, it's gone....
    When planes fall their damage cards should be shuffled back into the deck so there is always a boom card in there !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

And the symbols for special damage. IMHO the original WoW decks are easier to read than the "new fangled" WGF sets but as has been said they are totally compatible and mixable.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

either the c or d decks are different between wow and wog. other that knowing that a particular wow card is still in the deck when the wog has already been drawn and vice versa there shouldnt be any real issue.

I personally prefer the "old-school" damage decks, but can readily mix in a RAP-style deck if it is warranted.

TBone

I just got a copy of burning Drachens. No "B" deck. What sets have the "B" deck?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Of the old boxed sets, Watch Your Back and Flight Of The Giants had B Decks, along with the deluxe set with rules and 4 models.

Similar Missions

1. Damage decks
    By calm in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 07:23
  2. Damage decks
    By Suffern in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 14:52
  3. wanted: flight decks/damage decks/plane cards
    By boomerpete53 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 20