Ares Games
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WoG Solo System [Mobile & Desktop]

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    The Wintercon convention is coming in mid July. Any chance of adding some more aircraft before then?
    Probably yes. What are the con days exactly? I have already some work done for decks E, F, G, H and relative airplanes. I'd really like to complete update 1.4 during this week, hope nothing gets in the way!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jaime
    Sorties Flown

No worries Danjel, is just that every one of us get soooo exited about the app!!! it´s beautiful to the eye and so easy to use!

If you manage an update with the new decks it will be GREEEEEAAAATTTT! Do you think the "blank planes" will be in that update?

thanks again!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jaime
    Sorties Flown

thanks! think I will be using the A,B and D waiting for that update Danjel is talking about.... G, M and L are very nice decks so the waiting will pay!!!

Is there a way to use planes not listed in the app with the app? I guess I'm asking if there is a way to use the listed plane maneuvers with no listed planes.

Quote Originally Posted by DanjelRicci View Post
    Probably yes. What are the con days exactly?
    16th and 17th of July 2016. I have an Android, my son an iPad.

Update on v1.4
    Good news, I finished adding decks E, F, G, H, K, N for every currently supported rule set. Decks K and N share most charts with other decks, so they were a must have in this update.

Next, I decided to make an important and requested change: in the upcoming version, the app will feature ONLY generic planes with customizable model name and pilot name. This is for three main reasons: the plane list was getting way too cluttered with planes; it was an overkill to add every official plane in the app; many of you play with custom planes that are not among the official WoW/WoG releases. Hope you will like that!

Also, you are now invited to look at the Trello board where I keep track of the development progress: https://trello.com/b/4RAbOy7D
    Feel free to read everything inside and discuss here.
    I made some small changes to the first post (added Trello link and removed To-Do list, since it's inside Trello now).

Quote Originally Posted by Redstarny View Post
    Is there a way to use planes not listed in the app with the app? I guess I'm asking if there is a way to use the listed plane maneuvers with no listed planes.
    Not in the current version, but absolutely yes in the next one. :)

Immelman after turn - remove.
    Thank you for this. Any way we can help? Will a beta version be available soon?

Immelman after turn - remove.
    Thank you for this. Any way we can help? Will a beta version be available soon?
    You're welcome. :)
    Lately Brdavis reached me out to help, I think we may work together for adding more decks in the app. Aside from that, the rest is pretty much coding work, so don't worry.
    There will be no beta version since the app is already live, I will directly publish the 1.4 update as soon as it's ready.

LOOP

Great news

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jaime
    Sorties Flown

GREAAATTT!!! thanks for the effort!

You're welcome.
    Lately Brdavis reached me out to help, I think we may work together for adding more decks in the app. Aside from that, the rest is pretty much coding work, so don't worry.
    There will be no beta version since the app is already live, I will directly publish the 1.4 update as soon as it's ready.
    As a fellow programmer very interested in Danjel's work, I'm ready and willing to help.

UPDATE 1.4 IS LIVE!

...or better, 1.4.1! You can now download it for Android, Windows and OSX. Links are in the first post as usual.
    iOS version is currently waiting for review, while Linux version will come a little later because the latest Linux deployment package refuses to install...
    Well, let me know what you think. I hope you like the new graphic gimmicks!
    Last edited by DanjelRicci; 06-03-2016 at 03:43.

Android 5.0 - tried a Fokker E.V (F) vs an SE5a(N) - brilliant! I'll need to do a lot more texts, but so far, so extremely good. Loaded, played.

Just remember
    1 Select flight model to use e.g blackronin advanced
    2 Select generic aircraft
    3 Select Add
    4 tap name "generic aircraft" and edit field
    5 tap "generic pilot" and edit field

Then repeat from 1). You have to re-enter flight model for each aircraft you add, there's no default.
    Closing the app is not always easy too, even on a tablet. An EXIT button would be useful, but not essential - or exit on DESTROY ALL.

[cut...]
    Then repeat from 1). You have to re-enter flight model for each aircraft you add, there's no default.
    You are right, now that there are no preset planes, the setup process is a bit more slow.
    Aside from setting up default entries for planes and rules (good find, thanks!), I just came up with an idea for better rearranging the "Add plane" menu so you don't even need to close it to edit names. I should be able to include this in the next update.

Closing the app is not always easy too, even on a tablet. An EXIT button would be useful, but not essential - or exit on DESTROY ALL.
    Right, an exit button will be useful for desktop and Android versions. You'll find it in the next version. :)
    Last edited by DanjelRicci; 06-04-2016 at 02:30.

This is looking really good, Danjel.

Just downloaded and tried on my Windows laptop.
    Looking forward to the iOS release so I can use on my iPad on the table.

This might make my own work modifying charts to work in Excel redundant.
    I really like the ability to edit plane and pilot names - will be very useful for our campaign missions.

Two Thumbs Up!

Apple is going very fast with the reviews these days, version 1.4.1 has just been approved for iOS devices too! You should receive update notifications in a bunch of hours.

Nothing new yet for Linux, unfortunately. On the other side, I have almost finished working on update 1.5; there is a bunch of stuff I think you all will like.

Danjel, I am happy you are back in the game We tested your app before and it worked very well. Can't wait until next test!

1.5 - any more decks? A lot of aircraft use the V deck now, the I and J take care of Nieuport 17s, Pfalz IIIs and Albatros D.IIIs, the S deck for the popular Brisfit, the L deck for the D.VII, and of course having AI players for bombers would be most welcome, even with simple flight models...

But right now, I'm very very happy with 1.41

... and of course having AI players for bombers would be most welcome, even with simple flight models...

Bombers wouldn't react anything like fighters, so that might require a completely different maneuver selection process. I would think the bomber would avoid oncoming planes, not turn into them.

Just saying.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jaime
    Sorties Flown

Danjel, just to say that the app is wonderful as so are you! what a nice surprise to find somebody that bring something to all of us just for the joy of the game!!! again Thanks!!! of course all of us are waiting for more decks to be included but still 1.4 rocks!!!!

UPDATE 1.5 IS LIVE!

Like before, OSX and Windows versions are available now; Android is processing and will be available in few hours; iOS will be available in two or three days; Linux I have no idea (I'm upgrading frameworks now).
    Download links in the first post.

Major updates include ten new decks (including D+, E+, G+, J+, also with the help of brdavis), a brand new interface for adding planes, and a critical fix where deck E was using E+ charts.
    Thank you all for the compliments; I'm so glad you appreciate my work!

EDIT: despite I find it hard to believe, iOS version has been accepted and went live minutes ago. This means it took more or less 4 hours from when I sent the new version to the final approval. WTF Apple?
    Last edited by DanjelRicci; 06-05-2016 at 13:41.

1.5 - any more decks? A lot of aircraft use the V deck now, the I and J take care of Nieuport 17s, Pfalz IIIs and Albatros D.IIIs, the S deck for the popular Brisfit, the L deck for the D.VII, and of course having AI players for bombers would be most welcome, even with simple flight models...

But right now, I'm very very happy with 1.41

1.5 includes decks A through P, along with some of the "+" decks. Q is also done but I just missed the 1.5 release. All other remaining decks are at least "in progress" except the X decks, which I suspect will be last.

EXIT button appears nonfunctional on Android 5, but I got a System UI not responding msg, so might be a minor incompatibility. Low priority anyway.

For v2 release, suggest fire, pilot, and engine damage pushbuttons that would replace cards with stalls or straights.

For bombers, might have a pushbutton, aggressive, defensive, or random, with switches for whether front or rear guns are operational, though my own experience is that aggressive play is good for most cases, regardless of whether guns work or not, as it puts enemy in a position where they can't fire except with rear guns.

For v2 release, suggest fire, pilot, and engine damage pushbuttons that would replace cards with stalls or straights.
    I have built Fire and Engine Damage into my Excel version so was going to suggest the same thing

EXIT button appears nonfunctional on Android 5, but I got a System UI not responding msg, so might be a minor incompatibility. Low priority anyway.
    What model is it, out of curiosity? I tested it on an old Galaxy S2+ (modded) and it closes fine, but this is the only Android device I got.

[cut...]
    I have all of this in my whishlist inside Trello. ;)
    Anyway, since that requires a good rework of the interface, it won't be coming anytime so soon!

What is the '+' mean on some decks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    What is the '+' mean on some decks?
    It means the deck has been customized with more tight maneuvers than the ones in the original deck. For example, D+ deck has one added Left 90° card, to give Fokker Dr.I some advantage. They are custom decks.
    (Thanks again to brdavis form making this clear to me!)

What model is it, out of curiosity? I tested it on an old Galaxy S2+ (modded) and it closes fine, but this is the only Android device I got.
    Lenovo Tab2 A10-70F Android 5.0.1 Kernel 3.10.61

LOOP

Nice update
    Will testplay as soon as I get the chance but it looks amazing. Big improvment on an allready great app.

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    All other remaining decks are at least "in progress" except the X decks, which I suspect will be last.
    I didn't know about this deck (I am a bit late on WGS news). Seems like I can't find solo charts for it. Does anyone have something usable, maybe?

Thank you Danjel for your great work. I think Brian means the Bomber decks XA, XB, XC and XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Thank you Danjel for your great work. I think Brian means the Bomber decks XA, XB, XC and XD.
    That's correct, thanks Gary.

Although now that you mention it, series 9 will introduce two new decks, X and Y. Andrea says in this post that X is similar to J with a but with a non-steep stall and a minor variation in the altitude cards, and that Y is like H or K but slower. For purposes of the solo app, both new decks can possibly be added now and then they'd already be available when the new series is released.

Well then, I already have all charts for XA, XB, XC and XD.
    If X and Y decks are practically identical to other existing decks, I may say we are ready to support them at anytime, even in the next update!

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Nice update
    Will testplay as soon as I get the chance but it looks amazing. Big improvment on an allready great app.
    Tried it out last Tuesday. I played 4 aircraft vs. 2 players with 2 aircraft each and kept up with no problem. Kink of miss the pictures but the customize ability is more than a trade off! After the pilot's name, I added a descriptive (key/notable color) for quicker identification.
    I seem to have a little difficulty with what is the near or far (either that or the maneuver is just goofy at times!)
    All in all enjoy using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walram View Post
    I seem to have a little difficulty with what is the near or far (either that or the maneuver is just goofy at times!)
    Near - within 1 ruler. EXCEPTION: when in arcs 10-2 and also both aircraft are fast (B deck or faster) and closing then 1.5 rulers works better.

Update on v1.6
    This update will roll out in a few days, and will contain every official deck known (from A to Y, from XA to XD), plus D+, E+, G+, J+. New app features will not be included this time, but from 1.7.

There are some things worth noting about recent decks and missing charts:

- Decks R, T, V are missing 1st Gen. Advanced rules. R-T-V have been copied from A-B-S (already happens for 2nd Gen. Advanced).
    - Deck U is missing 1st Gen. Advanced rules. It has been copied from D (already happens for 2nd Gen. Advanced).
    - Deck W is missing both 1st and 2nd Gen. Advanced rules. It has been copied from C, which looks identical but faster.
    - Decks XA to XD all are missing 1st Gen. Advanced rules. Since there's nothing to copy from, they will only support Standard and 2nd Gen. Advanced.
    - Decks X and Y are yet to be published but they are similar to existing decks. X has been copied from J; Y has been copied from K.

Please correct me if something looks wrong, or if you have those missing charts. Thanks!

Update on v1.6
    This update will roll out in a few days, and will contain every official deck known (from A to Y, from XA to XD), plus D+, E+, G+, J+. New app features will not be included this time, but from 1.7.

- Decks R, T, V are missing 1st Gen. Advanced rules. R-T-V have been copied from A-B-S (already happens for 2nd Gen. Advanced).
    - Deck U is missing 1st Gen. Advanced rules. It has been copied from D (already happens for 2nd Gen. Advanced).
    - Deck W is missing both 1st and 2nd Gen. Advanced rules. It has been copied from C, which looks identical but faster.
    - Decks XA to XD all are missing 1st Gen. Advanced rules. Since there's nothing to copy from, they will only support Standard and 2nd Gen. Advanced.
    - Decks X and Y are yet to be published but they are similar to existing decks. X has been copied from J; Y has been copied from K.

Please correct me if something looks wrong, or if you have those missing charts. Thanks!
    Hi Danjel, some of this looks incorrect to me (W is similar to Q, not C). I'll send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Hi Danjel, some of this looks incorrect to me (W is similar to Q, not C). I'll send a PM.
    Here is my PM - I'm copying it here so the community can double check me:

I think we should be able to have all three sets of rules for all official decks except XA, XB, XC and XD. Here are the missing pieces for the other decks:

Deck R, 1st gen advanced: R has the same set of maneuvers as B, J and X, it is just a different speed. Since we have the 1st gen advanced rules for B, we can copy that set to R.
    Deck T, V 1st gen advanced: T and V are the same set as A and S, just different speeds. Since we have the 1st gen advanced rules for A, we can copy that set to T and V.

R-T-V have been copied from A-B-S (already happens for 2nd Gen. Advanced).
    This isn't quite correct - A, G, S, T, and V will use the same chart and can be copied (these decks have two sideslips in each direction), and Decks B, J & R use the same chart, different from A,G,S,T,V (B,J,R decks have three sideslips in each direction).

Here is the chart for A, G, S, T and V
    Here is the chart for B, J & R

Deck U 1st gen advanced: U is the same as D, so since we have D 1st gen advanced, D 1st gen advanced can be copied to U 1st gen advanced.
    Deck W 1st and 2nd gen advanced: W is a fairly recent deck and doesn't have its own chart, but it it has the same maneuvers as Q (not C). Here is the chart for Q 1st gen, and Here is the chart for Q 2nd gen. Those can be copied to W 1st and 2nd gen. advanced.

Update on v1.6

Danjel, the 'missing' charts probably don't exist as when the charts were created those decks, and/or the models for them, were not in existence. As pointed out already W is the same as Q deck in manoeuvres, not C, but the G deck is not the same as A as two of the side slips are steep.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    ... the G deck is not the same as A as two of the side slips are steep.
    This is true, however for purposes of the solo rules, A and G use the same chart. Found here.

Also, I submit that G+ and J+ can be removed from the app because they have been superseded by new official decks. If G+ refers to G without the immelmann card, and if J+ refers to J minus 1 left & right sideslip, these are now the Y deck and the V deck.

(G* was used before Y was released, and J* was used before V was released)

Edit: Clarification - as pointed out by Dave, G has 2 sideslips that are steep, but Y likely doesn't. In that case G* and Y are technically not the same, but for purposes of the solo rules, they would likely use the same chart.
    Last edited by brdavis; 06-13-2016 at 10:41.

Thank you very much for all the clarifications, I'm starting now to make al the needed corrections. Anyways, for the sake of completeness and visual coherence, I'm going to keep all the decks in the app.

EDIT: looks like I had done everything well except for the wrong W - C pairing; maybe we didn't understand well each other.
    For better clarity, here's my updated matching. Every line is a single chart and deck(s) that use it.

- Standard
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J - X
    K - Y
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    XA - XB - XC - XD

- 1st Gen. Advanced
    A - B - S - R - T - V
    C
    D - U
    E - I
    F - N
    G
    J - X
    K - H - Y
    L
    M
    O
    P
    Q - W

- 2nd Gen. Advanced
    A - G - J+ - S - T - V
    B - J - R - X
    C
    D+
    D - U
    E - I
    E+
    F - N
    G+ - H - K - Y
    L
    M
    O
    P
    Q - W
    XA - XB
    XC - XD

Sorry for the tall post! Anyways, charts matching looks ok to me. Hope I did nothing wrong.
    Last edited by DanjelRicci; 06-13-2016 at 14:20.

LOOP

You deserve a medal for this.
    I'll second that

You deserve a medal for this.
    Looks like my profile is already showing a new medal, that was fast! Thank you a lot for proposing that to the staff.

Looks like my profile is already showing a new medal, that was fast! Thank you a lot for proposing that to the staff.
    "File Upload Gold" I think is the most appropriate existing medal - one usually awarded for 200 file uploads. I think you're the only recipient so far of this unique medal, for a unique effort. Congrats, and well-deserved. Your contribution to the hobby is greater than you think, as new players in particular really like playing in games with a few "Robot" pilots mixed in. They have a fiercesome reputation from v1.3.

1.6 will be getting extensive use at Wintercon, though 1.5 is available as a reserve if the schedule isn't met.

"File Upload Gold" I think is the most appropriate existing medal - one usually awarded for 200 file uploads. I think you're the only recipient so far of this unique medal, for a unique effort. Congrats, and well-deserved. Your contribution to the hobby is greater than you think, as new players in particular really like playing in games with a few "Robot" pilots mixed in. They have a fiercesome reputation from v1.3.
    I'm really glad of this!
    The medal list shows that the only other recipient of that medal is user Guntruck; still, this is quite the achievement for me!

1.6 will be getting extensive use at Wintercon, though 1.5 is available as a reserve if the schedule isn't met.
    You'll be happy to know that I just finished sending v1.6 to Apple and Google stores, and waiting for Dropbox to upload all desktop versions (Linux included); they should be online tomorrow morning!

UPDATE 1.6 IS LIVE!

Say welcome to all the remaining decks up to Y, and from XA to XD! You will always find downloads on the first post, this time including Linux.
    iOS version is waiting for review as usual; if it keeps going fast like the previous times, this should not take longer than 36 hours.

Check six!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Problems with Android downloading files.
    By Twisted_terrain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 00:57
  2. android app
    By boomerpete53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 13:22
  3. Solo: Lets knock out a system to actually make solo play possible.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 16:22
  4. WW2 (DoW) system for WW1?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 03:58
  5. WWI system vs WWII system question????
    By Propjockey53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 14:14