Ares Games
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WoG Solo System [Mobile & Desktop]

Gary, I still have it on my smartphone and it works well. I'm using android.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Anyone tried this lately? It seems to have been uninstalled from my devices and is no longer downloadable through Google play.
    Seems to still be working on my iPhone. Sorry things aren’t working for you at the moment

orlo

Anyone tried this lately? It seems to have been uninstalled from my devices and is no longer downloadable through Google play.
    It still works on my Tablet (Android 4.4.4), but is no longer downloadable through Google play.

Thanks Carl. I bought a new phone and could not download it. Thought it was just me but you confirmed Google Play does not have it.

orlo

Thanks Carl. I bought a new phone and could not download it. Thought it was just me but you confirmed Google Play does not have it.
    When Zoe said on August 25th that Android version is missing I checked it on Google Play and it wasn't there.
    I tried to install it on the phone (Android 7.0) but there wasn't "Wings of Glory Solo" application to install.

Google Play occasionally delete lots of applications due to security/virus/... issues. Maybe they find "WoG Solo" suspicious so they erased it from the Google Play Store.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Juan Carlos
    Sorties Flown

Danjel, this app is excellent!! Have you thought I about a WWII version?
    Last edited by chartoh; 09-07-2018 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by orlo
    Google Play occasionally delete lots of applications due to security/virus/... issues. Maybe they find "WoG Solo" suspicious so they erased it from the Google Play Store.
    Possible; or, perhaps they just didn't find it worth leaving it up. Google's decisions aren't always made with niche markets in mind.

If my plan works out, I will be taking an android app course at my local community college, and will be doing Android apps for the Comox Air Force Museum. Additionally, I will be taking a crack at WGF and WGS solo apps. Unfortunately, that will be sometime next summer, for those looking for an app now.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Mike, is there something imposible for you?

The abbreviation WoG may have fallen foul of an offensive language filter.

David, I would never have thought of that! Western Oriental Gentleman I believe the acronym stood for but I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Mike, is there something imposible for you?
    Programming was part of my Web Design certificate, so just another type of interactive Web page coding to do apps.

And I'm reasonably certain I can find someone to provide graphic support for the app.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

David, I would never have thought of that! Western Oriental Gentleman I believe the acronym stood for but I might be wrong.
    You are quite correct in that assumption Gary. However, I am afraid that like a lot of other innocent utterances it was gradually corrupted into something much more malign. Hence it being dropped from polite conversation.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hello pilots, long time no see!

As many of you have noticed, the app went down from the Google Play store some time ago (same for another app of mine). This happened because I forgot to comply with some changes in their license and technical requirements. After checking some checkboxes I still need to upload a new build, which needs a bit of work starting from the latest version since I updated all my tools and there could be some conflicts. Same stuff applies to iOS though the app is still there on the AppStore, but I'm not sure it still works.

This should take little time in general, but it's time I mostly don't have now so I don't know when I will be able to work on it. Some of you asked to publish the code on Github or maybe to help me with the project, but long story short, I'm not that kind of guy. :P

Anyways I still want to update all my apps to keep my developer accounts nice and running, so I hope to fix everything before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DanjelRicci View Post

Anyways I still want to update all my apps to keep my developer accounts nice and running, so I hope to fix everything before the end of the year.
    Thank you!

One of the great selling points of Wings of Glory WWI was that an app was available for Android that enabled solo play. Ares really should give you some credit there.

If you can get it back up before Cancon on 26 January 2019, that would be wonderful. If you have a Patreon or other account so I could express my appreciation in monetary terms, please let me know.

Right now I'm in fear that any reset of my Android devices will cause me to lose what has become an essential application for demonstration games - can you beat the AI?

Thanks for keeping us in the loop DanjelRicci! I really appreciate your app. It makes cooperative missions a cinch! One of my younger brothers doesn’t like to play WoG against other players, but he will do it if he’s doing a co-op mission against AI. Thanks to you, WoG has another player it wouldn’t have otherwise.

As many of you have noticed, the app went down from the Google Play store some time ago (same for another app of mine). This happened because I forgot to comply with some changes in their license and technical requirements. After checking some checkboxes I still need to upload a new build, which needs a bit of work starting from the latest version since I updated all my tools and there could be some conflicts. Same stuff applies to iOS though the app is still there on the AppStore, but I'm not sure it still works.

Any news?

chapmage

Would it be possible to make the APK available to download via Dropbox for us to sideload until the Play Store version is back up and running?
    Most of my matches are solo, so this app would be a tremendous help.

I have an old version of his that works on windows. Only has A - D decks though. If you want it PM me. I was hoping the new version would be up on Playstore by now too. A great tool.

Edit: He's back
    Last edited by kalnaren; 04-26-2019 at 05:54.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay again. I had some rough months and lately neglected a lot of my projects, both the oldest ones like this, and the new stuff I'm working on.
    Anyways, straight to the point: the Android version should be back online in a matter of hours.

The 1.7.1 update is rolling out as I write, Android first, iOS as soon as the review process is over. It's nothing more than a compatibility update with the most recent frameworks, plus a donation button I had planned months back. I'm about to update the Desktop app and links in the first page too.
    As usual, please let me know if the Android version is ok or not, since I'm an iOS user and I'm still with this old Samsung Galaxy S2+ for testing (which luckily still runs the app very fine).

Quote Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
    Hey guys, since we haven't heard from from DanjelRicci since October, I've extracted the Andriod APK and shared it on Google Drive.
    Not going to blame you since I've disappeared for a while. :P

EDIT: please give the updates a bunch more time. Apparently both Google and Apple are extremely picky about having any form of donations inside the app, if the payment doesn't pass through their stores...
    Last edited by DanjelRicci; 04-26-2019 at 04:52.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay again. I had some rough months and lately neglected a lot of my projects, both the oldest ones like this, and the new stuff I'm working on.
    Anyways, straight to the point: the Android version should be back online in a matter of hours.

The 1.7.1 update is rolling out as I write, Android first, iOS as soon as the review process is over. It's nothing more than a compatibility update with the most recent frameworks, plus a donation button I had planned months back. I'm about to update the Desktop app and links in the first page too.
    As usual, please let me know if the Android version is ok or not, since I'm an iOS user and I'm still with this old Samsung Galaxy S2+ for testing (which luckily still runs the app very fine).

Not going to blame you since I've disappeared for a while. :P

EDIT: please give the updates a bunch more time. Apparently both Google and Apple are extremely picky about having any form of donations inside the app, if the payment doesn't pass through their stores...
    Hey man, no worries. Life gets in the way of things sometimes, we've all been there.

Thanks for your continued work in this.

I tried to speak with PlayStore and AppStore support about rejecting the donation button but they won't change idea. Well, I gave up and just uploaded a clean version. Now waiting for approval again on both stores, I expect this to go straightforward and be available in the next hours.

orlo

I just downloaded Android version (1.7.1).
    It works nice on my phone (Android 7.0)!

Thank you for the effort and update!

Hello!

Is there a chance to include a Version for WW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Fjellvross View Post
    Is there a chance to include a Version for WW2?
    The WW2 solo app has been developed :
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-WGS-Solo-App-!

And congratulations to DanjelRicci whose WW1 App is now promoted by Ares.
    Very useful to play solo as many gamers must stay at home.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/25899

Name:  E326BAB1-B1FE-407A-91A8-5FC74D2CE771.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  86.1 KB

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alexander
    Sorties Flown

Hello to the great aviators! Tell me, please, did I understand correctly that, according to the solo rules, bots fly only at one altitude? Or can they somehow change it? I tried to search for information about changing the altitude, but could not find it.
    Last edited by gippocampus; 05-13-2020 at 15:43.

Hi Alexander. My group never uses altitude but I do not think it is factored into the solo app. Not sure about the Richard Bradley's manual solo rules.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alexander
    Sorties Flown

Hi Alexander. My group never uses altitude but I do not think it is factored into the solo app. Not sure about the Richard Bradley's manual solo rules.
    I searched the files for solo rules and solo options, I did not find about altitude.

Altitude would require some additional AI decision making because it is tied into targeting, diving, and possibly hitting the ground. I would like to see altitude rules revisited in general because even in PvP games it is a bit too fiddly. Is it time for Wings of Glory 2nd Edition?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Fantastic app! I played a few solo games over the last few days (2v2 & 3v3) and they went really well! Two games were real nail biters.

It's easy enough to house rule but to prevent human bias the app could use the inclusion of jams, engine & rudder damage, fire, wounded pilots and other factors to affect its card selection. The inclusion of tailing would be fantastic too.

Anyway, two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    I would like to see altitude rules revisited in general because even in PvP games it is a bit too fiddly. Is it time for Wings of Glory 2nd Edition?
    Interesting question. We could fill a book with all proposals for altitude rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gippocampus View Post
    I searched the files for solo rules and solo options, I did not find about altitude.
    The official altitude rules are not featured in the available solo rules, manual or otherwise.
    I've seen it suggested that if used the AI could swap in climbs/dives for straights from a given selection. I don't know how effective that would be as I use my own solo & alt rules but the latter are very different and more easily used than the official version..

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Spino View Post
    ... could use the inclusion of jams, engine & rudder damage, fire, wounded pilots and other factors to affect its card selection. The inclusion of tailing would be fantastic too...
    The original solo rules do not include special damages - I'd imagine that to do so would require many, many, more charts & what if you have multiple special damage to apply ?
    We use special damage in OTT but we use charts and it requires human intervention to gain the desired effects.

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post
    Interesting question. We could fill a book with all proposals for altitude rules.
    I personally like how simple the altitude is.

I've been toying around with Altitude AI.

To understand where I'm coming from, here is my ideal state when playing altitude:

1. Enemy in arc/range
    2. Not on enemies arc/range
    3. At same altitude as enemy
    4. Have as many climb counters as possible

So for AI. The first time per turn a straight is revealed, follow these questions. If yes, stop and do the thing. If no, continue.

Is 1, 3, and 4 met? Nothing.
    Is 1 met and 3 not met? climb/dive in direction of target
    Is 1 and 3 met and 4 is not met? Climb
    Is 2, 3, and 4 met? Nothing.
    Is 2 and 3 met and 4 not met? Climb
    Is 2 not met and 3 and 4 met? Flip a coin. Head climb. Tails dive.
    Is 2 and 4 not met and 3 met? Dive if able.
    After all checks above is 3 not met? Dive/climb in direction of target.

I have a few issues still. One is immelmann. So what I do if I dove or climbed right before is go dive/climb, straight, immelmann, acrobatic pilot. Lol.

This is my rough draft of it. Still working on it.

Edit: nothing means play the straight.
    Last edited by Derrick; 08-17-2020 at 15:32.

Interesting concept Derrick.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Derrick
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Interesting concept Derrick.
    Rob.
    Thanks. To not derail this thread, I started a new thread in house rules. If you are interested you can follow my progress there. Already made some tweaks based on my test last night.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Alexander, from here in the United Kingdom or would 'Welcome Back' be more appropriate?

It was good to see you making your first sorties by posting messages in this thread after being a member for such a long time. May I suggest that you go to the Report for Duty section of this website and post a message there to introduce yourself. Then many members will have the opportunity to welcome you.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marc
    Sorties Flown

Hello, can someone explain to me the differences between the three rule settings (standard, advanced 1, advanced 2). what do the additional buttons mean(Far, Near — clothing, moving away)...vg marc
    Last edited by madmac007; 05-16-2021 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by madmac007 View Post
    Hello, can someone explain to me the differences between the three rule settings (standard, advanced 1, advanced 2). what do the additional buttons mean(Far, Near — clothing, moving away)...vg marc
    The app is based on charts created by a couple of forum users and differ in complexity from the original base set to more advanced sets with more outcome options developed by the other.
    They use the relationship of the target to the aircraft being operated, the more advanced sets requiring more input to select their movement, ie is the target near or far; closing or moving away.
    The paper versions are in the files here, there is also a guide for using the app by the look of it.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...p?do=cat&id=63

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marc
    Sorties Flown

Thank you very much, that helps. One more question. How do I use the two near and far buttons in advance 2 settings. when do i know whether an aircraft is near or far?

Basically within a range ruler is near, over a ruler is far.
    Check out the solo guide for the program I mentioned https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2309

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marc
    Sorties Flown

Ah great. Now the battle can begin.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kirk
    Sorties Flown

I've downloaded it to my Android based tablet and it works great, but I have problems closing the program as the Exit button doesn't appear to work.

I think you have to double tap the exit button.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kirk
    Sorties Flown

That did it. Thanks.

Note to self: Always remember Zombieland - double tap.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kirk
    Sorties Flown

I think this solo system may work too well. I played a game of 2v2 this evening where I was in a Snipe, my wingman was in a Camel, and we were facing a pair of Fokker EV's. I used the advanced rule set and I'll give you one guess which plane ended up with the most damage. Is there any way to tweak the program to make the AI pilots dumber? Seriously though, a great program and I'm getting lots of enjoyment out of my Wings of Glory stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    I think this solo system may work too well. I played a game of 2v2 this evening where I was in a Snipe, my wingman was in a Camel, and we were facing a pair of Fokker EV's. I used the advanced rule set and I'll give you one guess which plane ended up with the most damage. Is there any way to tweak the program to make the AI pilots dumber? Seriously though, a great program and I'm getting lots of enjoyment out of my Wings of Glory stuff now.
    Have you tried any altitude rules with the app? e.g. simply replacing straights or sideslips with climb/dive or more complex approaches as in post #286?
    I often play with altitude and found that this does make it more challanging for the AI.

Or just give them worse aircraft!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Problems with Android downloading files.
    By Twisted_terrain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 00:57
  2. android app
    By boomerpete53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 13:22
  3. Solo: Lets knock out a system to actually make solo play possible.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 16:22
  4. WW2 (DoW) system for WW1?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 03:58
  5. WWI system vs WWII system question????
    By Propjockey53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 14:14