Ares Games

Thread: Chemo for Prizes

Default Chemo for Prizes

Contest Name: Chemo for Prizes
    Who Can Enter: Anyone registered on the site
    Deadline: December 1st, 2010
    Prize: $25 credit for Aerodrome Accessories

A local cancer treatment facility is having a fund raiser to help treat kids that can't afford Chemo treatments. For every US gallon of soda can tabs that are collected, they will give a kid 5 chemo treatments for free.

I feel this is a very good fund raiser and would like to extend it out to the pilots here at the Aerodrome. So, start collect these little guys:

And mail them to me at the address below in time for me to get them on or before the 1st of Dec!

Keith Upton
    2505 Richmond Dr.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80922

I'll start saving today, but I wish they asked for beer can tabs.

If the tabs are the same, those will work as well. If they are the ones that pull off in sort of a tear drop shape, those will not... sorry. I think they went with sodas since it's a kid thing.

Great! I can help people and get WoW!

Col., Let us know how this works out please. I just came upon this thread today...didn't quite realize what the title was referring to.

I think that we could all band together for some other useful projects like this in the future...I for one would be interested...

If you guys get your tabs in the mail tomorrow, the package still might make it to Keith on time. Please make the effort; it's for a good cause.

How did we do on this? Did we get enough tabs to make a family happy?

Tony

I would like to announce the winner of this little contest:

Tony "pflanzer" really stepped up and turned in over 3,400 of these tabs! Way to go Tony!

I'd like to thank everyone that sent some tabs in to me. We managed to collect a good amount and combined with my place of work, we should be helping out a couple of kids to get some much needed medical treatment.

Tony is the big winner of the $25 to Aerodrome Accessories, but for a cause like this, everyone is truly a winner. So, everyone that sent in some tabs keep an eye out for a new medal here on the site in the next couple of days!

Just read this. I thank you for the reward. It was not a solo effort. Given that this is for charity I would like to put the gift certificate up for auction. Any procedes to go to the Col.'s local Toys for Tots program. I will start the bidding at $25.00. I am just about to leave the house for the obligatory Co. Holiday party so spread this to the other boards. We will run this for seven days. I hope this is OK with the Col.
    Ho Ho Ho
    Tony

Congrats Tony. Great job, and to everyone else who pitched in. Good job Keith, keep it up.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by pflanzer View Post
    Just read this. I thank you for the reward. It was not a solo effort. Given that this is for charity I would like to put the gift certificate up for auction. Any procedes to go to the Col.'s local Toys for Tots program. I will start the bidding at $25.00. I am just about to leave the house for the obligatory Co. Holiday party so spread this to the other boards. We will run this for seven days. I hope this is OK with the Col.
    Ho Ho Ho
    Tony

Mighty generous of you Tony. And it's for a great cause. I'll bid $30.00.

Thanks Ed but forgive me but I am going to try for more bids.
    Where is that usmc guy? Brian isn't it? Toys for Tots is a Marine Corps Reserve function. I am just an old draftee.
    HoHoHo
    Tony

Hi Tony, I didn't expect to get it. I did expect to get the ball rolling.
    You might want to post this so it will show on recent threads so everyone will see it.

Semper Fi.
    Last edited by Ed2; 12-12-2010 at 23:02.

Bumping the thread. The gift certificate is up for auction. The funds generated will go to the Toys for Tots program in the Col's home town.
    HoHoHo
    Tony

I've put an announcement up about this auction and started a new thread for it here. I have decided I will match the winning bid as well!