Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emily and Mavis Cards

Default Emily and Mavis Cards

Apologies for the poor quality but here are my cards for the Emily and Mavis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentation2 Mavis.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	169356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentation3 Emily.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	169357
    See you on the Dark Side......

So what damage does it do flying one of those into an American carrier?

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

and I put them in the wrong section too. Could someone remove and replace in the WGS section please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Is with or without their payload ?

I've got a nice AAR lined up for them. And the US lined up for them too!

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Good work but would`nt it be a better idea to do what Ares themselves do and have seperate fire arc and crew mangement cards to avoid all the information clutter?

Gets you banned again Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    That would be under the heading of :Self inflicted wound"?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    That would be under the heading of :Self inflicted wound"?
    Karl
    More, Neil inflicted really Karl.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

They were purely for my own use Rob. It took that long getting the two cards done I lost the plot doing seperate management cards too. I'll get round to it someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit 3 View Post
    Good work but would`nt it be a better idea to do what Ares themselves do and have seperate fire arc and crew mangement cards to avoid all the information clutter?

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! I did search of a "Emily" and found this! How did I miss this? Oh, it never got moved. lol.

Looks great!
    Looks like you did it based on our conversations held on the "Pour me and Emily thread" of David's. Kudo's!!!!!!

Super belated thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jager
    Here are the gunnery arcs per Whistling Death (Fighting Wings):
    Front gun 1: front arc, C/B
    Front gun 2: 1:00 to 2:00, A/A
    Front gun 3: 10:00 to 11:00, A/A
    Dorsal gun: rear arc, high only, A/A
    Dorsal turret: 360, level to high, C/B
    Left gun: 6:00 to 9:00, level to low, C/B
    Right gun: 3:00 to 6:00, level to low, C/B
    Ventral gun: rear arc, low, A/A
    Tail gun: rear arc, C/B
    This beastie had a crew of 12, and except for the 2 pilots and the relief pilot, all manned a gun!
    Note: the earlier H8K1 (MAR-42 to JUN-43) has the front gun 1, and the left and right guns as A/A and no dorsal gun (turret is still there).
    Card makers have at it.
    Karl
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamresident
    I went with this: http://www.historyofwar.org/articles...nishi_H8K.html (10 guns, 1 dorsal low & 2 rear fuselage (having them fire just a small arc from the rear)). I made a card, and scanned it in, but it's a PDF and I don't know how to get it to show here.
    Last edited by Gotham Resident; 01-18-2016 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager
    Here are the gunnery arcs per Whistling Death (Fighting Wings):
    Front gun 1: front arc, C/B
    Front gun 2: 1:00 to 2:00, A/A
    Front gun 3: 10:00 to 11:00, A/A
    Dorsal gun: rear arc, high only, A/A
    Dorsal turret: 360, level to high, C/B
    Left gun: 6:00 to 9:00, level to low, C/B
    Right gun: 3:00 to 6:00, level to low, C/B
    Ventral gun: rear arc, low, A/A
    Tail gun: rear arc, C/B
    This beastie had a crew of 12, and except for the 2 pilots and the relief pilot, all manned a gun!
    Note: the earlier H8K1 (MAR-42 to JUN-43) has the front gun 1, and the left and right guns as A/A and no dorsal gun (turret is still there).
    Card makers have at it.
    Karl
    One small thing that came up a little while back between Karl & I is that he was working out 20mm cannons wrong, so all the C/Bs there should be C/A.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Apologies for the poor quality but here are my cards for the Emily and Mavis.
    Neil - how do I get a printable copy of this?

Copy, paste and print I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    Neil - how do I get a printable copy of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    Or promoted. :P;

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Or promoted.
    Wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Copy, paste and print I think.
    Got it. Kept trying in Word but it wouldn't work..got it to work in Paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    One small thing that came up a little while back between Karl & I is that he was working out 20mm cannons wrong, so all the C/Bs there should be C/A.
    lol. I did my own card and forgot this change...will fix it then add the new card!

Sat night, the kids and I cleared off a table in the basement to get a play area. We each flew a Wildcat against the Emily (AI & w/ C/B guns) and she kicked our butt: we each had 16 damage, but I took 1 more shot as she was at 31/35 and I thought we could take her down......nope. I got killed and did 1 only damage to her, she lumbered off the table on 2 engines. The kids headed home to base.

Name:	IMG_3767.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	187002
    Last edited by Gotham Resident; 02-09-2016 at 13:46.

Can we move this thread to WWII House Rules?

I did my plane as follows:
    1: Front C/A
    2: Cockpit L A/A
    3: Cockpit R A/A
    4: Turret C/A
    5: Dorsal L C/A
    6: Dorsal R C/A
    7: Fuselage L A/A
    8: Fuselage R A/A
    9: Rear (low) A/A
    10: Tail C/A

I took the armaments from here: The Imperial Japanese Navy made extensive use of their long range flying boats in WW II. Their long range master was the Kawanishi H8K Type 2, a high performance, four-engined bomber, reconnaissance and transport aircraft code named "Emily" by the Allies. This was the best flying boat of the war with excellent performance, long range and good defensive armament. Emilys ranged the Pacific, providing valuable information about Allied movements and dispositions. They were also employed as long range bombers and Type 2 flying boats raided Honolulu, Hawaii in March 1942. Because of their long range, they were pressed into service as scouts for Japanese carrier striking forces, but they often suffered grievous losses at the hands of radar directed carrier-borne fighters when they approached U.S. task forces.

Unlike most Japanese aircraft, the H8K-2 incorporated armor protection for the crew and protected fuel tanks in the wings and fuselage. Defensive armament included single 20mm cannon in the nose turret, dorsal turret, tail turret and (port and starboard) beam blisters. These were augmented by five .303 machine guns firing from hull hatches. Offensive weapons included two torpedoes or 2205 pounds of bombs and depth charges. Performance was excellent, the best of any of the big WW II flying boats. Top speed was almost 300 mph at around 20,000' and the service ceiling was over 28,000'. After the Japanese developed radar, surface search sets were fitted to H8K patrol bombers.

The prototype H8K's first flight took place in January 1941 and the first production version was the H8K-1, Type 2, Model 11, which entered service early in 1942. 14 were completed before production shifted in 1942 to the definitive and considerably improved H8K-2, Type 2, Model 12. Improvements included up-rated engines, increased fuel capacity and a heavier defensive armament. 112 HK8-2's, the most numerous model, were built during WW II. Four survived the war and one of these was brought to the U.S. for evaluation after the war. This aircraft was returned to Japan in 1979 and can be seen today at the Kanoya Museum (Kanoya airfield), Kagoshima.

There was a transport version of the H8K, the H8K-2L, and 36 of these were built. Most of the defensive armament, including the side blisters and dorsal turret, was suppressed to increase the weight of troops and material it could carry. The fuselage fuel tanks were removed to increase its cargo volume. The result of these modifications was that the H8K-2L could transport up to 62 combat troops.

One of the important Japanese strategic oversights of the war was their failure to protect their merchant shipping. It is my opinion that far more extensive use should have been made of flying boats to protect the valuable convoys bringing raw materials to Japan from her far-flung conquered territories. American submarines sank about half of the entire Japanese merchant fleet with little interference from the air, yet air cover proved to be the most effective submarine deterrent of the war. The importance of the offensive operations that resulted in the destruction of Kawanishi flying boats at the hands of U.S. fighters pales in comparison to the service these aircraft could have performed protecting convoys from submarine attack. The traditional Japanese offensive spirit cost them dearly during the war. Following are some specifications for the H8K2 Type 2 flying boat, Model 12.

Type: Four-engined reconnaissance-bomber flying boat
    Wings: All metal, high wing, cantilever monoplane
    Hull: All metal, two step
    Power plant: Four 1825 HP Mitsubishi Kasie 22 14-cylinder radial engines; four-blade, constant speed metal propellers
    Crew: 10 to 12
    Armament: Five 20mm cannon and five .303 (7.7mm) machine guns; two 1764 lb. anti-ship torpedoes or 2205 pounds of bombs and depth charges
    Dimensions: Span 124' 7", length 92' 3"
    Weights: Empty 34,000 lbs., loaded 68,000 lbs.
    Speed: 296 mph at 19,680'; cruising speed 172 mph
    Climb: 1600 ft./min.; 20 min. to 20,000'
    Service ceiling: 28,740'
    Range: 3000 miles; 4400 miles maximum

Hmmm...

Name:	H6K5_p2.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	187126

I found a drawing for an H6K, labeled as a 4, but with the glass blisters on the rear fuselage, like the images of an H6K5. Which is the right version?

Also, if there is anyone with a decent drawing of an H8K, that would be marvelous.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Emily H8K information: I found a good drawing (or an image), I used it here. (following is supposed to be the pic from my "homemade cards album). My player management card is goofy (you can see it under the plane in the game picture above), but I thought I had it uploaded here, but apparently not.

Let's see (no images, just details about useage):
    Websites
    1) http://www.aviation-history.com/kawanishi/h8k.htm
    2) http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircr...ircraft_id=594
    3) http://www.chuckhawks.com/great_flying_boats.htm (above post details).

Name:	kawanishi_h8k.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	187185

Name:	kawanishi_H8K_Emily -top.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	187186

Name:	65_14_a2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	187187

If you hover over the pictures on the left side of the page - others are generated. One of these is a top view drawing and an cutaway drawing.
    http://www.warintheskies.com/aircraft/h6k.html
    Last edited by Gotham Resident; 02-10-2016 at 08:05.

Misha,
    Excellent color reference on the last H8K image (H8K2), and with open blisters for combat conditions!

I found this line drawing for the H8K3:

Name:	Kawanishii_H8K3_Lines.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	187194
    Note: No fuselage blisters, and the floats on this version are at the wing-tips (retractable for better aerodynamics), other improvements were the retractable dorsal turret, and the removed fuselage blisters (gun ports were flush mounted).

This is the quality I'd love to have for all my card templates.

Below is the best I could find for the H6K:

Name:	H6K4_Lines_02.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	187195
    Note: this took a lot of work to clean up, and was missing a section of the right wing, due to the overlapping three-view drawings. The missing float has been added to my template, though not included on this image.

PS: Found this little gem on my search:

Name:	J9Y_Lines.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	187196
    Nothing to do with Seaplanes, but I grabbed it for future use...
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 02-10-2016 at 11:41.
    Mike

Name:	Kawanishi-H8K2-Work-150.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	285972
    Mike

This is complicated...

Name:	WGS-Work-H8K2_Emily_Card.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	285973

Name:	H8K2_side.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	285974

Name:	H8K2_upper.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	285975
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    This is complicated...
    I agree! Yours is cleaner than my drawing is and much prettier.

Mike, this looks awesome! I’m really happy to see you’re working in this!

What do you all think of this:

Name:	WGS-Work-H8K2_Takuma_PlaneCard.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	286068
    [EDIT: The Damage Resistance has been amended to USC input below. Second EDIT: Ventral Arc Indicator now reflects a fixed arc, not 360 drgrees.]

Note that the 4 and 5 arcs could be considered level and lower, so might be marked Yellow? And looking at some of the angles on the images I posted above, some of the arcs could be widened, especially the nose (FA 1) and cockpit (FA 2 and 3) arcs. There might be some possibility of rearward reach. However, considering the existing arcs on the card, there is a lot of over-reach on some arcs as it is.

My research indicates there were three extra 7.7mm MGs in the plane, where crew could add to the firepower. The below is an interesting image, showing the Ventral position in the tail, using one of those extra MGs:

Name:	H8K2_rear-bottom.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	286045

If you look at the side-view image in Post #25 above, you will see that two 7.7mm MG firing arcs are provided in the Tail Ventral position. I have chosen to use the traditional, rear-firing angle. There could be a second downward-forward firing arc.

Two additional arcs could be added from some point on the fuselage, if there were windows that opened.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 04-23-2020 at 16:22.
    Mike

-OK, the front gun (#1) should probably only have a front arc, 10-2 o'clock. I agree trying to game the arc given is tough; maybe let that gun use the Schräge Musik rules?
    The side cannon (#6 & #7) should have their arcs miss the tail, say 3-5 o'clock and 7-9 o'clock, level to lower. If you want to keep the arcs as shown in the drawing, any shots in the tail blindspot should be lower only.
    I've also read of an additional dorsal MG, A/A, rear arc, high only.
    For the extra MGs (like this thing needs more), I would say A/A and A/A 360, lower only, and they both can't shoot at the same plane
    For hits, the math says 48, but I'm inclined to say 45, as a lot of the mass is keeping the plane afloat, not airborne.
    XC is probably the right deck; it's wingloading is actually a good deal less than a B-17.
    Ceiling is 10, and climb is..........6. Not too bad!

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Karl,
    Thanks for jumping in.

As a compromise for the Nose, I'll leave it as it is, and not worry about the backwards-upper part of the arc. Without other input, there could be justification for a 180 degree arc. But, I just don't get the upper deflection on that mount. It might have been that good, as other technical manuals have shown other gun mounts having some unexpected flexibility.

The Blister mounts are also a compromise. They follow the above provided level arc, but probably could have fired over the wings, as well. I put the arc graphics below the plane, and the empannage now covers the arc as it passes under the tail. People can decide for themselves how they handle it.

I'm leaving the extra MGs off this diagram. Players can sub-in MGs if they jam? Not a factor in WGS, but whatever. There are enough arcs on this thing as it is, as you say.

Damage Resistance has been amended.
    Mike

It’s a thing of great beauty Mike.

My question is, should Arcs 4 & 5 be yellow because they are below the wings? That would indicate same level or lower shooting only.

I myself would make the arcs for 6 and 7 a bit smaller so a tailing plane doesn't get hit with possibly 4 cannon shoots. I'm a bit surprised at their armament. Reading about the solo Liberator missions they seemed to regularly hunt and down Emilys. Hmmm, maybe they mistook a Mavis for an Emily?

Quote Originally Posted by Dak21 View Post
    It’s a thing of great beauty Mike.

My question is, should Arcs 4 & 5 be yellow because they are below the wings? That would indicate same level or lower shooting only.
    Yellow arcs are for lower targets only. I had to go back and read the rules. Yup. Yellow is for 'Lower' targets, and only used if the game includes Altitude Rules. So, no, I would leave the 3 and 4 Arcs as red. They were for on-level, too. You can house rule this, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I myself would make the arcs for 6 and 7 a bit smaller so a tailing plane doesn't get hit with possibly 4 cannon shoots. I'm a bit surprised at their armament. Reading about the solo Liberator missions they seemed to regularly hunt and down Emilys. Hmmm, maybe they mistook a Mavis for an Emily?
    I have a problem with the entire game as it presents firing arcs (both WWI and WWII). Only exactly 'on-level' is there a problem with shooting parts of your own plane, and targets are not always on the flat and level. So, shots over the wing and horizontal stabilators are viable. Gunners were trained, too. They wouldn't have shot their own plane up. That happens in the movies for dramatic and comedic effect. The arcs should actually be much, Much bigger. You decide what you want to do, and how you determine a shot or not. I'm not inclined to making the arcs any smaller.
    Mike

Thanks for the comments, and making me go back and read the rules.

Card above changed to reflect the appropriate Ventral Arc properties.

PS: Went back an reread the rules. Hmmm... Normal games have the Red firing arcs able to hit targets one level above and below the plane. Range rules apply, but there is a 'Cone' assumed for any arc.

This indicates, for a fighter, a pilot dipping or raising the nose to shoot below and above his altitude.

For MG positions, there is also a 'Cone'. This indicates the pivot point or flexibility of the mounting. For the 3 and 4 arcs, the ability to hit targets one level above will have to be curtailed. It is definitely not possible. However, if Altitude rules are not used, these guns can still hit targets on-level, so should be red.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 04-23-2020 at 18:17.
    Mike

Excellent Mike, thank you!

What a beast! Thanks for this card. Perfect timing too. My H6K Mavis model just arrived in the mail today. Until I acquire an Emily, my Mavis model will serve as a substitute for an Emily when I want a serious challenge for my allied fighters. Any chance someone can work up a crew card to go along with this really nice Emily card?

So, this card is a record for crew positions. Because there are active combat crew, all of them had to be indicated.
    The Sunderland may have as many crew, but they don't have active combat positions in the game mechanics, and therefore not important on the Management Card.

Not so for this beast:

Name:	WGS-Work-H8K2_Takuma_MgmntCard.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	286076
    Mike

Sorry guys.

I have tried to find a decent quality line drawing of a Mavis, but the images online are poor to abysmal, despite some being a high dpi. Also, many are split top/bottom, and due to an asymetrical design, the H6K suffers from this "standard" approach to line drawings.

The best I can do is an image of a specific plane, and even that quality is not acceptable to me.

Name:	H6K4_Mavis_Image_65_3_a1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	286083

So, sad to say, I don't see me producing a Mavis card in the near future.
    Mike

Mike, that's really disappointing to hear. I've almost completed building my Mavis. Could I possibly get your opinions on the gaming stats for an H6K5 version? At least I'd be able to put it in flight, and give Keith some more work. I have downloaded the Mavis model 4 cards that Neil had posted at the top of this thread. I believe the only firing arc I would need to change would be for the front firing nose turret (which replaced the original nose gun) positioned on top of the plane just behind the cockpit. Any ideas on its possible arc? Would the increase in horsepower and speed from the model 4 to model 5 be enough to change any other gaming stats?

Quote Originally Posted by abovetheclouds View Post
    Mike, that's really disappointing to hear. I've almost completed building my Mavis. Could I possibly get your opinions on the gaming stats for an H6K5 version? At least I'd be able to put it in flight, and give Keith some more work. I have downloaded the Mavis model 4 cards that Neil had posted at the top of this thread. I believe the only firing arc I would need to change would be for the front firing nose turret (which replaced the original nose gun) positioned on top of the plane just behind the cockpit. Any ideas on its possible arc? Would the increase in horsepower and speed from the model 4 to model 5 be enough to change any other gaming stats?
    Paul,
    I'm not the guy to ask about stats for planes. I leave that to the Unofficial Stats Committee. I will jump in on Firing Arcs, if I have good references, though. Like the ones above for the Emily.

Besides the main versions of a given plane type, there are sub-versions that were produced, and not always well recorded, like these two images:

This first image shows a turret on the H6K2, and blister windows on the fuselage of the H6K4:

Name:	H6K_Variants_1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	286156

This drawing provides images of a few different versions, but doesn't have blister windows on the H6K4:

Name:	H6K_Variants_35783912844_08004ea997_z.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	286155
    The above drawing doesn't identify any gun positions, unlike the previous one with a cut-out drawing. None of the drawings I've run across has a turret in the nose position.

Which is correct? Far too many images on-line are identified as an H6K4, with blister windows. Makes you question sources.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 04-24-2020 at 20:26.
    Mike

Sorry for my poor description. The turret on the H6K5 was positioned on top of the plane just behind the cockpit. In the first picture you posted, it is labeled #76 in the H6K5 insert section in the lower right of the picture. And in the second picture with the side view of the H6K5 version, the turret is the bubble just behind the circular antenna and in front of the engines. My bad for using the description that I had found online which called it a nose turret. Actually, I just noticed that in the overhead image you included, the turret is the bubble on top of plane just behind the cockpit. Since this is all new to me, who might be a kind and understanding person on the Unofficial Stats Committee that I could bother?

Paul,
    The main man I would contact in this case is already aware of your request, being that he provided the input on the Emily above. It might take him some time to consult references, consult other members of the committee, etc... before he'll answer back.

I've already checked the Unofficial Stats Committee Unofficial Plane File, and the Mavis (any version) isn't in it. So, stats will have to be worked up.

He might be some time, so have a bit of patience.

Unlike me, who lives for this Forum, and checks every thread two to three times a day, cause I don't have a life. You might have noticed your request for a Management Card for the Emily wasn't up an hour before the card was posted?

Well, admittedlly, once I had the firing arcs sorted out and posted, I had already started on the Management Card. That took a few hours to do, trying to figure out all the bits and moving icons around to fit in a twelve-man crew. By the time I saw your post, I was proof-reading the card, and fixing missed bits of borrowed template.
    Mike

And all of your work is appreciated. I have no problem being patient. Plenty of other scenarios to play in the meantime, including like I mentioned previously, using my new Mavis as an Emily stand in. And thanks for passing it up to the committee.

Mike. Thank you so much for your awesome contributions to the game. Your Emily cards, among the many others you’ve published are awesome! On top of that, your patience and help made it possible for me to start making cards as well. I could not have done it without you. I’d say I owe you a few beers (or other beverages of your choice) next time you’re up in Maine!

Let me look into it; I have an on-line RPG today, so will be tied to the workstation for a few hours.
    I'm really regretting on of my best on-line aircraft sources going dark last year
    Karl

OK, here's what I have.

Deck: P(Zb) Any maneuver deck with the modifier (Z) uses Zoe Brain’s system of moving just the length of the arrow on the card. These are for very slow planes, and may be further modified. Any that have the modifier (Zb) are bombers; no reversals, 45 degree turns, 60 degree turns or fast or extreme side slips.
    Here's an explanation of the slow planes movement https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-cards-needed)
    Hits: 33
    Climb: 7
    Ceiling: 10

Guns: FG A/A, 9-3 o'clock level to high
    Dorsal turret: A/A, 3-9 o'clock, level to high; 6 o'clock blindspot
    LG: A/A, 7-11 o'clock level to low; 7-9 o'clock high
    RG: A/A, 2-5 o'clock level to low, 3-5 o'clock high
    Tail gun: C/A, 4-8 o'clock low to high

Karl

I realize this is a diagram of the model 4 and not the 5, but was just curious about the dorsal gun which is same for both models 4 and 5. Since it is an open gun position (112-113 in diagram), how does that affect the rearward firing arc(s) especially since there are two tails that the gunner has to avoid. Since I have absolutely no knowledge on how the actual open position gun mount swivel operated in real life, I was curious if there was any sort of automatic lock-out to prevent the gunner from shooting up either of the tails?

Oh, and thank you Karl for providing the very helpful specs and gaming information for which I was looking. My Mavis is getting much closer to becoming airborne.

Great research guys. I also find the conversion of aircraft data into game stats interesting. Pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 15:51
  2. Pour me an Emily please . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 10:14
  3. Pour me a Mavis . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 23:51