Ares Games

Thread: Colours Newbury 12 Sept 2015

Default Colours Newbury 12 Sept 2015

Colours is back this year but as a 1 day show, the Saturday.
    Is there any interest in Putting on our game here this year?
    I understand it is a bit close to Doncaster and so a few people may not be able to attend but I will certainly apply for a table space if there is interest.
    Let me know by the end of next week please, 21 Jun, so I can see if we can get space.

I thought for this show , if we attend , to maybe put on a ZboB spread as its the 75 anniversary.
    Again thoughts please

Another one I will have to miss Chris.
    Big event at Bradgate Park that weekend also.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

May well be possible - I'll look into it.

Should think me and Ajay will make that one again Chris. It's a fine show and missed it last year when they took it off the calendar,

I'm up for this one. Flash and I have Colours on our list for this year.

Just to say that Colours is in the diary, so if an extra pair of hands are needed, I'll be there.

- Neil.

I'd like to try a Battle of Britain game before Doncaster - if for no other reason than to make me less of a sitting duck for Andrzej!

Did you apply for a table in the end Chris ?

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Afraid I can't make it if it is happening

The participation games list has been published and the aerodrome isn't listed.

http://nrwc.org.uk/colours

- Neil.

Apologies all, a bit of domestic upheaval has injected into my game life, we did not get a table at Colours, I was speaking to one of the organisers of Colours at Devizes and although they were keen to have us, most space was taken by demo and traders, or so I was told, he took my contact details and said he would contact me if they could fit us in, this has not happened.
    I am going as a punter and while there I will get us down for next year.

Yay, more shopping time! (And to scour the bring and buy)

- Neil.

Thanks Chris - should see you there

I'll look out for you lads there then. I'll probably be carrying around a load of Kaiser Rushforth foam.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Had a mail from the Colours organiser, their comitee will meet in November this year to see if they will do Colours next year so Ill keep an eye out and enroll as soon as they say its on.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Thanks Chris - should see you there
    Me too, hopefully! (though I'm truly awful at recognising folks out out uniform!)

Sorry can't make this one SWMBO has arranged something else

Im still wearing my wings polo so hopefully see you chaps there, strange being a punter for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Im still wearing my wings polo
    You mean you haven't taken it off since we last saw you?

That's my boy.
    Rob.

Sorry? You take them off ? Why?

That's my boy again!
    Rob.

At the 11 th hour we have been offered a table for Colours, anybody still interested in putting on our game ?

I'll pack the planes! I'm going to be in the company of a couple of other people and have some shopping to do, so can't do all day and may need to leave early, but am happy to help out.

- Neil.

At the 11 th hour we have been offered a table for Colours, anybody still interested in putting on our game ?
    STREWTH that is the 11th hour!
    Might be able to reconfigure my Doncaster packing - I'll get back to you.

I had totally forgotten that this was so soon. Real life and all that stuff! Trying to work out if I can make it... what time is setup etc, if anyone knows?

Me and Ajay will be there Chris, we may be able to spell someone, though have to leave early too due to family committments
    Last edited by flash; 09-10-2015 at 07:22.

Ok chaps Ill confirm us for the table then.
    Ill post times tonight after speaking to the organisers

I shall briefly throw toilet rolls from the touchline

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I shall briefly throw toilet rolls from the touchline
    Just make sure they're unused!

Ok chaps
    Table arranged we are loctated on table D20.
    Please try and be there before 09:15, the organisers have been told to expect us.
    We have 6 tickets so allocate them Boney10, NeilcFord, Flash, Ajay, Prodromoi, Guntruck, Flying Helmut (provisional) and Bogue (provisional)
    Of course any others welcome, hope to see you there.

Well done chaps for stepping into the breach at the last minute. It would have been a shame to miss out on this, and must get us some Brownie points with the organizers. Chaps from one show do talk to chaps from other shows, and a good reputation gets around.
    Thanks again.
    Rob.

I won't be able to get there until after 10am, as I'm not picking up my travelling companions until a little before 9am, so let someone else have my ticket and I'll rock up to help out as soon as I can.

- Neil.

Me and Ajay can't be there much before ten either - I'll have been on the road over three hours by then !

Ok chaps
    Table arranged we are loctated on table D20.
    Please try and be there before 09:15, the organisers have been told to expect us.
    We have 6 tickets so allocate them Boney10, NeilcFord, Flash, Ajay, Prodromoi, Guntruck, Flying Helmut (provisional) and Bogue (provisional)
    Of course any others welcome, hope to see you there.
    Chris, I don't want a ticket as I will not be playing the game - just a quick drive-by to hurl abuse . Need to get back early afto to participate in something SWMBO has kindly lined up.

Sorry I can't make it have a great day.

Right - have sorted and shuffled stuff and will definitely be en route tomorrow at a foolish hour for the weekend! Likely to also have my lovely lady along as a wing...um...lady.

What do we need?

WGF?

WGS?

Ok chaps and chapess, se you when you can get there, I have my WGF packed so thats what we will be doing.
    See you all at some point tomorrow

Gawd it's early - see you in a few hours !

Have a lovely day there chaps, sorry I can't be with you, my appointment with two old ladies of the skies beckons some miles to the South of you today

Setting off, se you chaps there

Have a great day.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Yes lads have fun.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Hope your day went better than ours. Vulcan cancelled at the last minute due to a severe fuel leak, which TBH was the only reason I went for Old Sarum over Newbury.

Still, we had a fun day up until 16.20 nonetheless (abysmal car parking arrangements and dire catering notwithstanding), and the WW1 combat display team were rather good with their Dr1s, SE5s, BE2 and others dogfighting all over the place

A few preliminary pics from yesterday. Didn't take as many as usual as it was a very busy day! A long, fun day and got to put faces to a couple more forum names, which is splendid!

Name:  IMG_7235abRED.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  153.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7232abRED.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  162.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7237abRED.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7229abRED.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  180.4 KB
    First casualty of the day!

Name:  IMG_7241abRED.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  153.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7246abRED.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  164.2 KB
    So, the way this went down... A demo game of four Camels vs. four Albatros D.Va which had been fairly even up until the rather climactic ending. Most of the planes had taken a bit of damage, with a couple quite badly shot up.
    Then... a Camel and an Albatros collided. The collision card was a big one and the Camel went down hard. But what happened to the pilot? Did they escape? The card deciding the fate of the hapless pilot was drawn and... fuel tank explosion! The plane had erupted in a ball of fire and all three aircraft within half a ruler's distance were in peril. An 'A' damage card was dished out to each and... another Camel and an Albatros fell from the skies as one drew the 'boom' card and other took enough damage points to finish him. It seemed that was a good time to wrap that particular skirmish up...!

'Twas a fun day indeed, even if my one sortie resulted in me flying in completely the wrong direction (we need more left/right indicators made up!), being tailed by two of the Hun and eventually succumbing to too many hits on my poor pilot.

Big props to both Chris and Tim for putting on such an amazing display at such short notice. I think Tim spent more time discussing plane modelling than he did flying.

- Neil.

Arrival severely delayed due to flak over Winchester but we made it eventually to find the table knee deep in smiling punters - a little bit of shopping, a lot of chatting, a little bit of gaming (a victory in four phases & two shots, what can I say ?!) and, as always, great to see the usual suspects and to make the acquaintance of those not met before. It was a great day out, thank you all.
    In the words of young Mr Grace (for those that remember him) "You've all done very well"

Game 1 - finishing positions, my captured N.17 v Ajays N.23; 4 manoeuvres, 2 shots, 2 wounds
    Name:  SAM_6545.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  232.8 KB

Game 2 - finishing positions - didn't go so well for me !
    Name:  SAM_6546.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  235.4 KB
    (bottom row are +1's )

Honours even, we went home happy chaps !
    Last edited by flash; 09-13-2015 at 09:00.

Similar Missions

1. Early War, At The Family Game Store, 8 Sept '14
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 15:26
  2. National Colours Newbury 2013 the show in pics
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 12:37
  3. Derby World Championships 28 &29 Sept
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing