Ares Games

Thread: If you attended Origins 2015 - Medals

Default If you attended Origins 2015 - Medals

Hi Folks,

I am working through Origins 2015 medals. If you played in a WoG or SoG event, please let me know so I can assure you are recognized appropriately on both sites. Please indicate that you played in WoG, SoG, or both. Thank you.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Played in two of Cappy Tom's games. Shot down two Zeke's on Wednesday and escaped with my life and my KI-61 was shot out of the sky by a B-17 on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Potrzebie View Post
    Played in two of Cappy Tom's games. Shot down two Zeke's on Wednesday and escaped with my life and my KI-61 was shot out of the sky by a B-17 on Saturday.
    Awarded.

Hoping you had a good time.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Dag nab it! Had I know that's what was involved in 'medalling' I would have taken an empty spot instead of letting someone else play! Ah, well, there's always next year...

Hope you and Sue enjoyed the Cold War section of the museum, Eric! Not only will the Dark Side be pulling me its way later this summer, but I fear the Wet Side will have its hold on me, too...

All the best,
    Matt

We did. I was surprised by how much we enjoyed the post-WWII sections. Yesterday, in fact, I bought a post-WWII wargame because of it. When working through the Vietnam section, Keith and I talked about the close support aircraft. Hence, I have Thunderbolt Apache Leader coming within the next few days. I worked on A-10s, so it is also fitting that way.

Very much enjoyed our time kibitzing.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

As did I - it was great to meet you two at Origins - I look forward to next year!

All the best,
    Matt

Fatdragongames

I played in two WoG WWI games, one Friday (1135) and one Saturday (1136).

Can't remember if I've PM'd you Eric but, apologies if I have, here's the info:

Event 1130 Shell Game
    Event 1132 Aerodrome Invitational
    Event 1134 Aerodrome v Aerodrome
    Event 1136 Staaken
    Event 1138 The Big Furball Tournament
    Event 1139 Bombers Inbound
    See you on the Dark Side......

i played in all of the wgf and any wgs event that didnt conflict with them. my buddies who i went with said i really ought to branch out more lol.

The WGS invitational & a couple WGF games, unfortunately that's all I had time for.

Beth and I did all the WGF games. We had a great time!!! I think next year we will par take in some WGS games.

I flew in the following events
    1129 2 kills
    1130 i believe I was shot down no kills
    1133 I don't recall if I got any kills or was shot down
    1140 I don't recall if I got a kill or was shot down
    1138 was shot down once had three kill
    1139 help run the game

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Beth and I did all the WGF games. We had a great time!!! I think next year we will par take in some WGS games.
    had a lot of fun flying with you and beth again this year!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Hi Folks,

I am working through Origins 2015 medals. If you played in a WoG or SoG event, please let me know so I can assure you are recognized appropriately on both sites. Please indicate that you played in WoG, SoG, or both. Thank you.
    Played WoG 1134-Wings of Glory WWI Aerodrome vs. Aerodrome

chuck42

Hi, I show only 2 medals for GenCon and Origins but I have been WoG at both GenCon and Origins since 2011. Who do I contact about this? Also, many thanks for all the great people welcoming my cousins to their 1st ever con at Origins this year. Both learned to fly and have picked up the basic set and a couple of planes.

chuck42

Quote Originally Posted by chuck42 View Post
    Hi, I show only 2 medals for GenCon and Origins but I have been WoG at both GenCon and Origins since 2011. Who do I contact about this? Also, many thanks for all the great people welcoming my cousins to their 1st ever con at Origins this year. Both learned to fly and have picked up the basic set and a couple of planes.

chuck42
    Hi Chuck,

I will award you the proper level for participant medals for the two cons.

Glad to hear your family members had a good time.

Similar Missions

1. Origins 2015 Event Registration is online!
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 11:52
  2. Site: Origins Ground Crew Medals
    By 7eat51 in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:59