Ares Games

Thread: The Final Numbers from the 2015 Origins Game Fair!

Cool The Final Numbers from the 2015 Origins Game Fair!

Final Numbers at Close of Convention

• 1124-Wings of Glory WW1: BOMBING THE TRAINS! $2.00 - Karl Evoy 06/06/2015/9:00 AM 120 Mins. - 2/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -14 players

• 1125-Wings of Glory WW1: THE GREEN FIELD BEYOND? $4.00 - Karl Evoy 06/06/2015/2:00 PM 180 Mins. - 2/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -9 players

• 1126-Wings of Glory WW1: Sink the Monitor(again)! $2.00 - Karl Evoy 06/07/2015/10:00 AM 120 Mins. - 5/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -12 players

• 1127-Wings of Glory WW1: CONTACT PATROL! $4.00 - Karl Evoy 06/04/2015/3:00 PM 180 Mins. - 1/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -12 players

• 1128-Wings of Glory WW1: Over the Trenches and Through the Clouds $2.00 - Randy Wapperom 06/03/2015/4:00 PM 120Mins. - 12 Seats SOLDOUT!

Actual Count-15 players

• 1129-Wings of Glory WW2: Devil in the Slot $2.00 - Randy Wapperom 06/06/2015/3:00 PM 120 Mins. - 3/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -13 players

• 1130-Wings of Glory WW2: The Shell Game $2.00 - Randy Wapperom 06/05/2015/2:00 PM 120 Mins. - 7/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -10 players

• 1131-Wings of Glory WW1: A Picture is Worth 1000 Men $2.00 - Keith Upton 06/05/2015/3:00 PM 120 Mins. - 12 Seats - SOLD OUT!

Actual Count -12 players

• 1132-Wings of Glory Aerodrome World War 1 Invitational 2015 $4.00 - Keith Upton 06/06/2015/6:00 PM 240 Mins. -8/24 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -19 players

• 1133-Wings of Glory World War 2: Bounce the Box $4.00 - Keith Upton 06/04/2015/12:00 PM 180 Mins. - 8/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -12 players

• 1134-Wings of Glory WWI Aerodrome vs. Aerodrome $4.00 - Ken Head 06/12 06/04/2015/11:00 AM 180 Mins. - 12 Seats - SOLD OUT!

Actual Count -13 players

• 1135-Wings of Glory WWI Burn Drachen Burn!$4.00 - Ken Head 06/05/2015/11:00 AM 180 Mins. - 4/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -12 players

• 1136-Wings of Glory WWI Staaken! $4.00- Ken Head 06/06/2015/11:00 AM 180 Mins. - 8/14 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -13 players

• 1137-Wings of Glory WW2: Taking Out the Radar! $2.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/06/2015/12:00 PM 120 Mins. - 8/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -10 players

• 1138-Wings of Glory WW2: The Big Furball Tournament $4.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/05/2015/6:00 PM 240 Mins. - 10/14 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -14 players

• 1139-Wings of Glory WW2: Bombers Inbound! $2.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/06/2015/9:00 AM 120 Mins. - 3/12 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -12 players

• 1140-Wing of Glory WW2: Furball over the Pacific $2.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/03/2015/1:00 PM 120 Mins. - 1/12 Seats Remaining Actual Count -14 players1

• 1141-Sails of Glory: Did someone say gold? $2.00 - Eric Teoro 06/05/2015/11:00 AM 120 Mins. - 8 Seats SOLD OUT

Actual Count -10 players

• 1142-Sails of Glory: Breakout! $2.00 -Eric Teoro 06/05/2015/3:00 PM 120 Mins. - 2/8 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -10 players

• 1143-Sails of Glory: A storm is coming! $4.00 - Eric Teoro 06/04/2015/9:00 AM 180 Mins. - 8 Seats SOLD OUT

Actual Count -9 players

• 1144-Sails of Glory: The Fog of War $4.00 - Eric Teoro 06/06/2015/9:00 AM 180 Mins. - 1/8 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -9 players

• 1145-Sails of Glory: Capture the Spy $4.00 - Eric Teoro 06/06/2015/2:00 PM 180 Mins. - 5/8 Seats Remaining

Actual Count -10 players

• 1146-Wings of Glory WW2: Taranto $2.00- Neil Bayly 06/05/2015/9:00 AM 120 Mins -14 Seats SOLD OUT

Actual Count -14 players

Last edited by The Cowman; 06-09-2015 at 17:59.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Convention Figures-
    ·Possible Seats – 274 Seats
    ·Actual Seats 282 Seats
    ·Fill Rate – 103%
    ·Presale Rate – 67% (184 Seats) (My original math was off by 8 seats)

Wings of Glory WWI Figures

·Possible Seats – 134 Seats
    ·Actual Seats 133 Seats
    ·Fill Rate – 99%
    Presale Rate – 85% (114 Seats)

Wings of Glory WWII Figures

·Possible Seats – 100 Seats
    ·Actual Seats 99 Seats
    ·Fill Rate – 99%
    ·Presale Rate – 60% (60 Seats)

Sails of Glory Figures

·Possible Seats – 40 Seats
    ·Actual Seats 52 Seats
    ·Fill Rate – 130%
    Presale Rate – 80% (32 Seats)

Ken
    Presold Seats 32 (68%)
    Possible Seats 38
    Actual Seats 38 (100%)

Keith
    Presold Seats 26 (67%)
    Possible Seats 48
    Actual Seats 43 (90%)

Karl
    Presold Seats 38 (68%)
    Possible Seats 48
    Actual Seats 47 (99%)

Randy
    Presold Seats 28 (78%)
    Possible Seats 36
    Actual Seats 38 (106%)

Tom
    Presold Seats 28 (56%)
    Possible Seats 50
    Actual Seats 50 (100%)

Neil
    Presold Seats 14 (100%)
    Possible Seats 14
    Actual Seats 14 (100%)

Eric
    Presold Seats 32 (80%)
    Possible Seats 40
    Actual Seats 52 (130%)

You may ask yourself "Why is Ken beating the heck out of all these numbers?". Well simply put: I am bragging!

I am bragging because a TON of behind the scenes work has gone into making the last 5 Origins Games Fairs a success for us. Every one of the people involved has given a big part of their time, hard work, and even money into their events. This year we Kicked ASS!! I am proud to be part of such an incredible adventure each year! Origins (Our Events) is my baby... this is my 19th year attending. I could go on and on... but I will give you guys a break now. Thanks for putting up with me!!
    Last edited by The Cowman; 06-09-2015 at 19:26.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

The numbers look very good. Glad it was a success.

Thanks for the work on sorting out the numbers for us Ken. It's good to see them broken down like this. It will help us hone in more for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Wings of Glory WWI Figures

·Possible Seats – 134 Seats
    ·Actual Seats 133 Seats
    ·Fill Rate – 103%
    Presale Rate – 99% (114 Seats)
    I think your numbers are a bit off on this one though...

Great job everyone, it was worth the 16 hour round trip. Beth and I can't wait until next year.

Wow, great job everybody. Many many kudos all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Thanks for the work on sorting out the numbers for us Ken. It's good to see them broken down like this. It will help us hone in more for next year.

I think your numbers are a bit off on this one though...
    LOL Yep!!! I have edited and corrected them now!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

well done and many thanks to the game mods!!!!!!!!! its still a bit of a blur but its a happy, very happy blur! i had a blast (both figuratively and literally {in a game sense anyway})

I think the actual counts for SoG in the OP are under for a couple of games. I believe Fog of War had 10, and another game had 14. Next year, I will write this stuff down as my memory, well, let's just say it ain't what it used to be.

A big thanks and cheer to Ken, Thomas, and Keith for all of their organizing.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Beth and I can't wait until next year.
    Attributable to your roommates, no doubt.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Fantastic job gentleman. I had a great time watching and participating in the games.

Great job to everyone involved!

looks like we done good
    Also, is this the first year we didn't sell out the invitational??
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

So you can play in the 'Invitational' without an official invite?

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    looks like we done good
    Also, is this the first year we didn't sell out the invitational??
    Karl
    No, it has not sold out a couple of times. We hoover right around 20 players though. So I'll be dropping the stated number of seats going forward just so we don't take a hit on our comp numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    So you can play in the 'Invitational' without an official invite?
    We invite everyone to play with us. lol

Another cool number from Origins this year... we hosted 707 player hours over the 5 day event!! That's over 141 player hours a day

Glen2112

It was great meeting everyone at the Invitaional on Sauturday and maybe next year I will do better than last place (Thanks Beth!!!). Hope to get a chance to meet the OH players at the Soldiery the next time they meet.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

It was indeed a fun time! It was great to meet new folks and meet up with folks I already knew. I look forward to next year's games!

Well done, Ken and Keith and Tom and Karl and Randy and Eric and Neil! Lots of fun was had by all involved...

All the best,
    Matt

The week was a total blast for me from start to finish (with the help of Randy and those booms cards too).

Saturdays WW1 invitational was an exceptional experience, my thanks to Phillip, Mark, Tom, Randy, Ann and Karl for making our end of the table a real fun place to be....Ann remember not to play the immelmann as your first card, Tom & Randy...Pying-Pying (you had to play Bang to get this joke), Karl for being my wingman both on and off the table. Eric dishing out the damage (Cheers for the boom card!) not forgetting Phillip and Mark who were tough opponents.

A big thanks to Keith for organising the invitational it was fun.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Can't wait to see your pictures of your American adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    The week was a total blast for me from start to finish (with the help of Randy and those booms cards too).

Saturdays WW1 invitational was an exceptional experience, my thanks to Phillip, Mark, Tom, Randy, Ann and Karl for making our end of the table a real fun place to be....Ann remember not to play the immelmann as your first card, Tom & Randy...Pying-Pying (you had to play Bang to get this joke), Karl for being my wingman both on and off the table. Eric dishing out the damage (Cheers for the boom card!) not forgetting Phillip and Mark who were tough opponents.

A big thanks to Keith for organising the invitational it was fun.

All Origins pictures are now posted in my album section. There are eight albums to make perusal easier.

Guys and gals we all did a great job this year. I am proud to be friends with all of ya. Next year we will kick it up a notch and make it even better. You guys are the best!

Thomas

Thumbs up

Many Congratulations to all the Organisers & participants for what was obviously a fantastic enjoyable & successful Event. Wish I could have been there!

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Guys and gals we all did a great job this year. I am proud to be friends with all of ya. Next year we will kick it up a notch and make it even better. You guys are the best!

Thomas
    And back at you, my Friend.

Regardless of our numbers, I am still amazed at the camaraderie of our group, both in person and online. It's hard to communicate to friends what it is like to be at Origins; the games are secondary to the time spent together. And all of this revolving around games centered on war - irony at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen2112 View Post
    It was great meeting everyone at the Invitaional on Sauturday and maybe next year I will do better than last place (Thanks Beth!!!). Hope to get a chance to meet the OH players at the Soldiery the next time they meet.
    Glen, you did great!!!! ...the only thing u did wrong was stand next to Bob, aka Kaboom...he is a magnet for those things..lol... You were awesome and we look forward to seeing u next year.... keep flying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    It's hard to communicate to friends what it is like to be at Origins; the games are secondary to the time spent together. And all of this revolving around games centered on war - irony at its best.
    I tell them it is like a family reunion, but with people you actually like! lol

Absolutely true! I had a great time, playing games I love with awesome people. Have a great year -- I look forward to seeing you all next year at Origins 2016!

Well done Neil . 100% seating Something for the Toon to aim for

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Keith it was a family reunion of family members I have never met in person. That first night it was like we had known each other for years. I'm not going to mention names, oh hell yes I am, the following were awesome, fantastic, friendly and downright nice to meet:

Keith: Terrific guy, for putting all this together which gave me the opportunity to come and meet everyone (and get shot down by Randy)
    Ken: I'm humbled and fortunate to meet a genuine down to earth guy who made me feel right at home from the start.
    Karl: For putting up with my snorring you need a medal all of your own. Thanks for picking me up and looking after me throughout.
    Tom: For putting on some awesome games, allowing me to get shot down in them and introducing me to 'Bang'. (Pying-Pying).
    Eric: A real pleasure meeting you, you know what you've done for me this past 2 years, so no more to be said. Thank you.
    Randy: The score is 3:2 in your favour. I will be back! (BOOM) Forever in friendly rivalry.
    Glen: One of the nicest, genuine friends I have ever met. Look forward to seeing your games next year.
    Josh: Lack of sleep did not deter your spirit and tenacity. Clear skies my friend.
    Phillip: I have played with, against and umpired games in which you played. I am the wiser for it.
    Bob: Your humour is infectious, never loose it. Look after Beth.
    James: Without your guidance I would have missed so much at the museum. Thank you.
    Mat: Now is it Henry or Mat? You know what I mean. Thank you for your lovely gifts. One is in use as I type. It is fantastic. Thank you. (My wife thinks the other is so like me when I'm angry. Cheers again).

Now to the 3 angels:
    Susan: Thanks for listening and being there too. Behind every great man is a great woman. Eric you are lucky my friend.
    Ann: For being my wingman on at least 3 occasions and keeping me sane throughout. We didn't have enough time to talk but look forward to meeting you again.
    Beth: Both you and Bob took me to your hearts and what can I say but thank you for laughing at my jokes and stories. Look after Bob you two compliment each other so well.

I'm sure I've missed someone if I have it is not intentional. Again a big thank you for everyone for making me feel at home from the start and making such a memorable trip unforgettable.

Neil aka Skafloc

Neil, I feel comfortable speaking for all of us when I say the warm feelings among friends is mutually shared on our part toward you.

May I add my total agreement with your statement, Eric. Neil, look forward to flying with you again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Neil, I feel comfortable speaking for all of us when I say the warm feelings among friends is mutually shared on our part toward you.

very well said neil!!! i really enjoyed meeting you and gaming with you and i truely feel enriched for the experience (that goes for all our lend lease friends ive met at origins as well!!!). i really enjoyed your interesting and out of the ordinary scenario as i have a soft spot for the unusual!

id like to thank everyone who helped me move my plane around during the various events and especially beth and bob with whom i flew on many of the scenarios. i really love this game and enjoy origins but the constant moving and reaching takes its toll on my arthritis especially towards the latter half. those who helped my out will probably never know how much its appreciated so accept my sincere thanks

PYING! you missed! It was great meeting you in person Neil. I so do look forward to the next time we play another game.

Thomas

I always go to Gencon. Next year I think I will head to Origins too! Great job guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Marshal View Post
    I always go to Gencon. Next year I think I will head to Origins too! Great job guys.
    then i look forward to flying with you then!!!!

Similar Missions

1. Origins Game Fair is the official convention of Wings of Glory Aerodrome.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Origins Game Fairs
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 05-11-2023, 17:12
  2. Origins 2015 Pre-Registration Event Sales Numbers
    By The Cowman in forum Origins Game Fair
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 06-09-2015, 08:12