Ares Games

Thread: If you have a bit of room in your garage ...

Default If you have a bit of room in your garage ...

Sadly with my Spitfire and Hurricane taking up a lot of space, it won't fit in my garage........
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

FCPTJoe

Hmm, wonder if the Flying Heritage Museum in Everett, WA would be interested? They already have a flying P-51, but you never know. I'll send them the link. thanks!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Better get counting those pennies thinks me ... With my main line aircraft model collection fitted comfortably in the attic space in the garage is not actually a problem.

Just quickly - reminds me of something hair raising which took place down my local pub where I used to live in Uppermill, Saddleworth UK. Having just returned from flying aid in Central America for 6 months (around 2003-time) I began to develop an interest in WW2 aircraft and in particular building plastic construction kits of them. Which was somehow lost in translation down my local pub where the belief was that I'd been flying abroad on an assignment which involved oodles of danger money and some old propeller-driven aircraft. Which concluded with a rumour that I was busy building 'a Mark 9 Spitfire' in my garage at home (true) for preservation at Saddleworth Museum just across the road (not true) ...

First thing I ever knew about any of this was when one of the more boisterous locals grabbed me on entry one quiet Sunday and asked me if it was true that I was building 'a Spitfire' in my garage at that moment. To which I replied with the truth of course: I was building a Mark 9 Spitfire - Serial Number MK392 and a famous on at that. To which came the response:

'A Spitfire ... An actual Spitfire in Uppermill? Where the b***ering f**k are you going to park it Lad??!'

Pleased to say that this very same aircraft still exists as part of my main line collection in the attic today. Though thanks to a house-move it only ever resided in Saddleworth for four of the twelve years which have passed since this happened!

Dang, I don't even have a garage
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I don't even have a garage
    Neither do I

If you could afford to buy the P-51 you should have some space to keep it. Maybe the front lawn.

The best place to store your Mustang is a Wallmart parking lot.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I have a two-car garage, but the only thing able to park in it right now is SWMBO little Fiat 500 - at least it's 'sky blue' in color...

All the best - and I hope it finds a happy home (not to mention an historical repaint)!
    Matt

Curses! just spent all my available cash in Williamsburg.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Uh let me see. I believe I can come up with 10,000 towards the purchase of that P51. Uh, that's pennies that is.

I could store it with the others...

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Uh let me see. I believe I can come up with 10,000 towards the purchase of that P51. Uh, that's pennies that is.
    I can put up 10,000 pennies too. Come on folks, this is the best raffle yet! We can pool our money and send the penguins around the world in style this time!!!!!!

Barnaby - That's a great story! Heh...they thought you had a spitfire. Bet he had a laugh when he found out he could hold it in his hands.

Similar Missions

1. Do you have an F6F at your garage?
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 18:47
  2. Just out of the garage!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 05:38
  3. WGF Need to free up some room...
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 21