http://www.jugamostodos.org/index.ph...5749&Itemid=47

So now "The game in Spain is mainly about Planes!"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Angry Lack of Regard For Wings of Glory WW2 / WGS

I think there is another thread on the move about this same subject - I recognise the announcement from the site Jugamos Tod@s from this other (longer) thread.

The only acknowledgement WGS receives is a mention in the passing as 'II Guerra Mundiale' amidst a complete publicity-fest of WGF and Sails of Glory ... This is poor IMHO: WGS is just as much part of the family as either WGF or Sails of Glory in this context yet such an important and influential article for Spain treats the game like this. I'm sorry but this to an ardent WGS fan is both lacklustre and disappointing. No wonder there is another thread on the Aerodrome which complains of WGS feeling just like WGF's lesser sibling or words along those lines.

I will keep this brief and provide a translation bearing in mind where I am. This publicity does not do Wings of Glory (II Guerra Mundiale or WGS) justice as a Wargame. My interest began in February 2015 without playing Wings of Glory (I Guerra Mundiale or WGF) first and I very quickly found that the gameplay flowed at an enjoyable pace. There are no dices to throw in both versions of the game. Wings of Glory WGS also takes into account the advances in aircraft and weapons technology in a logical progression from what is experienced playing WGF with the end result being a game with a number of possibilities attached to it: a versatile game. Not a Wargame which is only worth second place or even hardly worth mentioning at all ...

What rating out of 10 would I give WGS? 8 with only two points lost over historical inaccuracies mostly. Which are generally few in number.

Would I recommend WGS to a friend? Yes. As outstandingly good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voy a intentar ser breve y proporcionar una traducción teniendo en cuenta donde estoy. Esta publicidad no hace Wings of Glory (II Guerra Mundiale o WGS) justicia como Wargame. Mi interés comenzó en febrero de 2015 sin jugar Wings of Glory (I Guerra Mundiale o WGF) primero y muy rápidamente me encontré con que el juego fluía a un ritmo agradable. No hay dados para lanzar en ambas versiones del juego. Wings of Glory WGS también tiene en cuenta los avances en la tecnología de los aviones y armas en una progresión lógica de lo que se vive jugando WGF con el resultado final es un juego con una serie de posibilidades que se le atribuye: un juego versátil. No es un Wargame que sólo es digno segundo puesto o incluso casi no vale la pena mencionar en absoluto ...

Qué nota de los 10 habría que dar WGS? 8 con sólo dos puntos perdidos sobre inexactitudes históricas en su mayoría. Que generalmente son pocos en número.

Se lo recomendaría WGS a un amigo? Sí. Como increíblemente buenos.

Source: Google Translate.
    Last edited by Tonx; 06-08-2015 at 16:45. Reason: To provide Spanish translation

One reason, even if not explicitly quoted in the article, might be that at the moment the very first product translated should be the WW1 Duel Pack - I do not know if the Rules & Accessories Pack too. But Devir is strongly interested in the later period so... be sure that the WW2 system will reach Spain too pretty soon. I'd say that the only fact is that often it is not adviceable to print a language edition on its own, usually it is better to cohordinate it with reprints in other langages or with other translations.
    Said by a designer that's out of the production process and just guessing.

The other reason is that I was a guest of that associatiopn in a greeat game festival in Cordoba, back in 2008. Prototypes were displayed in glass cases, a giant game with huge cards has been played in a garden and so on. At that time the WW1 game had been around for years and had a miniature version, the WW2 game was very recent and had no miniatures yet. No surprise if they remember the WW1 edition better.

But do not worry, the WW2 will spread in Spain too.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

This is just laziness on the part of Jugamos Tod@s by the sounds of things. What I find most annoying is that they do not make anything clear like you have just done: The publicity given to I Guerra Mundiale / WGF just glorifies the game in general. Compared with the way they just mention II Guerra Mundiale / WGS very casually almost as if the game has not been released yet. An organisation such as this should know much better than to treat the two games with such a gross sense of imbalance!

It is however good to know that both versions of the game will be spreading to Spain soon - at least the Aerodrome is prepared in advance for this to happen with the Spanish Wing already up and running.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Esto es sólo la pereza por parte de Jugamos Tod@s por los sonidos de las cosas. Lo que me parece más molesto es que no hacen nada claro como usted acaba de hacer: La publicidad dada a la I Guerra Mundiale / WGF solo glorifica el juego en general. En comparación con la forma en que acaba de mencionar la II Guerra Mundiale / WGS muy casualmente casi como si el juego no ha sido liberado todavía. Una organización como ésta debe saber mucho mejor que tratar a los dos partidos con un sentido tan bruto de desequilibrio!

Sin embargo, es bueno saber que ambas versiones del juego se extienden a España pronto - al menos el aeródromo se preparó de antemano para que esto suceda con el ala español ya en funcionamiento.

Source: Google Translate.

May I also add what an honour it is to be speaking to one of the Designers of Wings of Glory. I just cannot say enough to praise this Wargame and in support of it. Just in case you were not already aware WGS appears to have a growing fanbase in Qatar at the moment. One gentleman is interested for sure with another three becoming interested. All of whom were fans of Aerodrome 2.0 until their discovery of WGS recently and although four is not exactly an actively vibrant gaming scene it sure is a good start for the game in the Persian Gulf region. The first of these players who I mention is also very interested in joining the Aerodrome when the chance to do so becomes available again. In the meantime I am helping him get hold of what he needs in order to get started playing the game as well as continuing to encourage him to sign up as a member here. The current plan is for us to accommodate him in the UK Wing. Subject to Squadron Leader's approval which we will hopefully obtain.
    Last edited by Tonx; 06-09-2015 at 03:19. Reason: Major correction required - Done

I spoke more about the fact that it has been Jugamos Tod@s to write the actual article this way. I hope that Devir will give WW2 the same emphasis when it will be soon to be launched.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    I spoke more about the fact that it has been Jugamos Tod@s to write the actual article this way. I hope that Devir will give WW2 the same emphasis when it will be soon to be launched.
    Thank you for pointing this out to me. I have edited the post this concerns so that it now reads correctly. I too hope that Devir acts in this manner and gives WGS the exposure / publicity which it deserves when the Spanish Editions of both games are launched soon.

Similar Missions

1. Game Mats back in supply in May?
    By Marvin in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:16
  2. GAME MAPS BACK IN STOCK
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 06:44
  3. Archaeology Brings to Light the Sad, Grim Reminders...
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 05:28
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 16:03
  5. Why the steep rule, and all that it brings
    By kombofink in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 23:32