Ares Games

Thread: Painting help

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

Default Painting help

I want to paint my Dr1 in the colours of Voss, as per my avatar. Can anyone help me with tips to obtain the pattern? and the green colour

cheers

Stewart

A bit quick and dirty, but it just so happens......

This is a 1/72 Roden kit, but the technique should be the same (just use a smaller brush) The paints detailed in the instructions are out of production, but the colours I used are the same (they're a little off in the pic, too light). According to the historical data with the kit, the plane was delivered in the blue colour and the mechanics just hand-striped the greenish colour on top.

The whole model was painted with Revell Hellblau 36149 and then I semi-drybrushed Revell Nato Olive 36146 on top (diagonally on the wings, vertically on the sides. Basically, you're trying to press down hard enough to leave nearly solid lines and you do multiple layers until it looks solid enough for you. I can't really give any more guidance than that, I just winged it Best try it out on scrap plastic or something before touching your triplane.

The nose can be either red-brown or yellow (it's disputed which is correct), and you should be able to find a picture of the "eyes and moustache" design easily enough.
    Last edited by IRM; 09-24-2010 at 22:36.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

Cheers mate I will give that a go,

Similar Missions

1. Re-painting WoW miniatures
    By bunguster in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 13:27