Ares Games

Thread: Help on creating albums

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Default Help on creating albums

I am having trouble with getting pictures into my album. I have uploaded about 55 pics and have tried to get them in an album. What do I need to do to create the album so I can have the pics to post on here?

You can attach photos in the threads without having to create an album. When you enter a post or edit a post there is an icon to insert image. The image will appear where you have the cursor when you do the insertion.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

To create a photo album go to your Profile and look down the left hand side of that page. If you have no previous albums 'Create An Album' will if I remember correctly be available under Photos - You have 0 Albums.

You should be fine with 55 photos in one album if it is your first creation. I hope this helps.

Ah, creating an album. I had trouble when I first tried. After uploading the photos you want, drag and drop them in place in the reverse order you want displayed. Then at the bottom left there is a button for 'save changes'. I missed that button and tried many times before seeing it!
    I just made a new album to remember how to do it.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I also had trouble initially and found that photo orders were displayed in reverse - just had a look at your album and am impressed

Glad that you were able to create this one successfully - this DIY storage idea runs along the same lines as my DIY Gaming Mat idea ... Sharing both of these will be greatly appreciated if not being so already!

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Thanks guys. I am unable to do a drag and drop. Every time I try the screen on my notebook scrols as well and the pictures do not move. I will give it another try later.
    For now enjoy my KY WoG Derby minus the pics.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Thanks guys. I am unable to do a drag and drop. Every time I try the screen on my notebook scrols as well and the pictures do not move. I will give it another try later.
    For now enjoy my KY WoG Derby minus the pics.
    I always use the manual upload version of events - have never tried a drag and drop into an album. But I think that both the manual and drag and drop methods take the same length of time to upload. In terms of how many photos you can have in an album on here the number increases if you select to join with a paid membership substantially. I think on the free membership you have space for around 100 photos whereas I have now joined as a gold member. This now entitles me to 1 GB of photos which as mentioned is a substantial increase.

I'll take a look at your photo album - because I thought the Derby you mentioned before on another thread was such a corkin' idea

When I say drag and drop, it is when you have up loaded the photos. They are in a small window with a white area beneath. By dragging and dropping into this white area in reverse order you can get them to appear in the order you want.

Photo size is also an issue. It is better to reduce them before putting them into your album. When they are shown on the site they are limited in size. I scale mine down to 800 X xxx. No need wasting memory and limit your # of photos.

Similar Missions

1. South England New picture albums
    By goldsmithmd in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 15:39
  2. One for your albums.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 11:08
  3. Just added two new albums
    By Lloydthegamer in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 6