Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Product updates

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    We took steps this morning to improve emails between the site and Gmail... so hopefully this will help some of you.
    I tried three times on my gmail account before realizing it had gone into the spam folder... glad to see it was not just me!

I have a big order waiting in my shopping cart. Just waiting for the storage trays in the hopes of saving a bit of shipping. Hopefully everything else won't sell out before then! Can hardly wait!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Col. your site is still showing the WWI two seater bases and the smoke/flame markers are STILL out of stock.

Any timeline as to when these will be back in stock?
    I have two metal RE8's that are in desparate need of bases.

I would also like to get a couple pair of smoke/flame markers...

I'm having supplier issues right now. I'm guessing the first part of December for everything to com back in stock.

Hi Col, with your post above in mind would you prefer to wait until Dec to make an order or will you take orders now and supply when in stock?
    I too am after a few pairs of smoke & flame markers
    Chris

I should know by the end of the week if the new supplier can meet my needs. If they can, I'll open up "back order" orders and just ship them when they come in. I just don't want to take orders for them now and find out the new supplier can't do them.

Anything new about Flak Markers? I just finished two mobile AA trucks (by Skytrex) and it would be fun to get more AA stuff as 3D.

The design is all done, just waiting on the laser to free up to start cutting all the acrylic stuff.

Sounds great! Waiting for pictures.

Flak markers? Didn't know those might be in the works...sounds wonderful!...

Keith...in post #1 here you mention that the 1/144 bomber bases may be discontinued...are those the same bases we'd use for 2 the seaters?

Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same.

No, the two seater stands are still in production. The 1/144 bomber stands were for WWII and have been discontinued.

Do the Flak markers come with a stand?

Yes, they will come with a stand as pictured above. The altitude ring will be changed slightly to reflect that it is for flak and not a plane. They will ship disassembled though.

Sulzer

Col. Hajj, I was wanting to inquire about an update on when the Aerodrome store was going to be restocked. I read where it was hopefully going to be sometime in December. Has it already been done and I just caught the tail end of it?

I have just recently gotten into WoW, as in a week ago, and even more recently found this great site. I am just hankering to get my hands on as much material and resources that I can. The extra effort that you, and this community, has put in to advance the game is inspiring. Any info would be appreciated. I am just waiting with anticiaption to fill up my shopping cart.

Sulzer

Welcome to the game and the site. I'm hoping for the end of this month or sometime in March for all the acrylic products. The Hangars and bags I will have back in stock next week for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc1855 View Post
    Do the Flak markers come with a stand?
    Outstanding! Put about six to eight of 'em on pre-order for me.

Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same.

No, the two seater stands are still in production. The 1/144 bomber stands were for WWII and have been discontinued.
    Keith...these look really great!! Thanks for the quick reply as well...

"Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same."

Too large?? Looks just about right to me...(could actually be a bit larger and I'd be fine with that too)

[QUOTE=Col. Hajj;48199]Here is a photo of the prototype flak marker. It was to large so it has been scaled down. Other than that, it looks the same.

Like it :-)
    Does seem a bit large, wouldnt want it interfering with the planes movement (until it goes boom!) Whats the size of it now?

The stand is the same size, but the tinted part of the flak burst was reduced to 18mm wide by 25mm tall.

Hmmm now they do look good but where are all the extra flight pegs coming from ?

I know not everyone buys every single mini they put out, but I personally have over 200 of the pegs.... I never ever use all those to put planes on the table. Heck I even sold 100 of them to someone last year.

I know not everyone buys every single mini they put out, but I personally have over 200 of the pegs.... I never ever use all those to put planes on the table. Heck I even sold 100 of them to someone last year.
    So the answer is; "self-supply"...no problemo on my part...they still look great!

I have to admit that I went and bought a couple of planes that I didn't need just to get the pegs to make gimbals. I'll probably get a few more for the archie pegs - which I'll be ordering as soon as they're available!

Any updates on the flak markers??

They'll be here with everything else. Hoping they will be ready in March.

We had a good game yesterday. Allied fighter group tried to bust German balloons, which were protected by fighters and heavy AA fire. Any new updates about Ack-Ack Markers?

As a matter of fact, the new pre-production prototype is being cut this coming week. As long as it checks out, look for them in a couple of weeks.

Herr Oberst,

What is the current status of the bomber stands?
    There's some stuff about that in the earlier part of this thread, but those parts are quite old.
    For me, bomber card size bases for regular size pegs would probably work as I think that I'll be mainly using non-metal minis and I that the regular ball bearings should hold those.

/Niclas

Niclas, the Gotha stands were already made, but a laser malfunction caused alignment issues. The replacement stands have been cut, but I don't know if they have been mailed out yet or not (might be waiting for other products to be ready to ship as well). So, the Gotha stand is imminent. The other bombers I've not messed with just yet as I don't have a model of them to test the stand on.

Great!

Mainly Gothas I'll be needing them for (to begin with anyway).

Just a thank you Herr Oberst. The new flight stands landed here in Blighty this morning. I am already busy adding them to my bases and balloons. Quality is fine as usual. Next the Gothas.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Flame and Smoke markers are back in stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. What upcoming product are you awaiting the most?
    By The Blue Baron in forum Polls
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 17:30
  2. Sneak peak, new Aerodrome Accessories product
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 06:01
  3. WWI Miniatures Comparison Chart Update
    By LGKR in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 04:06
  4. Site: Added 5 more avatar... big German update.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 19:00
  5. WGF & WGS: Miniature Product Info "files"
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 00:21