Ares Games

Thread: New member; Any players in the Wellington region?

Andre'

Default New member; Any players in the Wellington region?

Gudday all,
    After watching the recent Kickstarter unfold I was unable to hold myself back from jumping into Wings of Glory. I've convinced my fiance it's going to be great fun, but are there any players in the Wellington area who could show us the ropes? At least till the rookie pack arrives (2months) so we can hit the ground running.
    As way of introduction I'm a navigator in the Navy, 10yrs so far. Working in Wgn for the next while. While i had a younger life with various games and models (games workshop mainly) my recent past hasn't left much time for these sorts of things. But Wings of Glory seems like the perfect mix (prepainted, options of complexity, not really points based) to get back into tabletop gaming.
    I must say i utter cannot believe the amount of files, etc that are available here, not to mention the fact the game designer and others contribute so much to the site. This place seems like a real labour of love!
    Regards,
    Andre'

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard.

Nope, not even remotely near New Zealand at all.

But youre right on target about the 'drome.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Andre'. Enjoy!!!

Welcome to the Drome from Cape Cod. Hope your fiance gets into WoG. My wife loves it.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Andre, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Andre', from Middlesex in the U.K.

It's easy to lose all track of time rummaging through all the threads and files on the 'Drome, but it's time well spent!

Have fun!

welcome to the drome Andre'!!!! youve hit the nail on the head about the drome its great!

On behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Andre'
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to you, from Bristol UK

Andre'

Wow, thanks for the well wishes.
    Shame to see no pers Kiwis replied though.
    If anyone starting out in the lower Nth Island reads this then drop me line! Sure we'll make time for a game.
    Regards,
    Andre'

Andre',

Welcome to the Aerodrome from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky.

Good times!

Best,
    Mel

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

I've just noticed your post. I'm not good and checking forums.

I'm in Christchurch and while I am aware of some Auckland based players I'm not sure who plays WOW in Wellington. Here there seem to be a number of players but few organised events, except for those I organise. I would suggest you try visiting some of the Wellington or Hutt Valley clubs, or perhaps the NZ Wargames Discussion list on Yahoo Groups. You may have tried this already of course. There seem to be some WOW played at the Masterton.
    http://www.mastertonmarauders.blogspot.co.nz

A couple of our more recent games, in Christchurch, including WOW & Sails of Gory can be found here:
    https://thewargamesroom.wordpress.com

Hope that help a little?

Welcome to the forum Andre', browse around and enjoy!

Andre'

Hey Keith,
    Good to see a kiwi here!
    Will have to follow the leads you gave and see where it takes us, thanks!

Phototropic

hi
    A little slow on the uptake but i'm part of a small group which plays Wednesday lunch time in Wellies down by the waterfront, just casual games with one plane each, all on all, and points deciding the winner after 10ish games. One of the organisers may pop in but if you are still interested in some games you are welcome to join in.

Similar Missions

1. Ontario: Any pilots from Niagara region?
    By Aftermath in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 00:51
  2. 2013 Origins member's tribute to 2014 member one
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:37
  3. Greater Washington Baltimore Region Flight proposal
    By rockyr in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 18:40
  4. Mini unavailability by region