Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Origins 2015 Pre-Registration Event Sales Numbers

Cool Origins 2015 Pre-Registration Event Sales Numbers

Last Updated June 1, 2015 6:00 P.M.

• 1124-Wings of Glory WW1: BOMBING THE TRAINS! $2.00 - Karl Evoy 06/06/2015/9:00 AM 120 Mins. - 2/12 Seats Remaining

• 1125-Wings of Glory WW1: THE GREEN FIELD BEYOND? $4.00 - Karl Evoy 06/06/2015/2:00 PM 180 Mins. - 2/12 Seats Remaining

• 1126-Wings of Glory WW1: Sink the Monitor (again)! $2.00 - Karl Evoy 06/07/2015/10:00 AM 120 Mins. - 5/12 Seats Remaining

• 1127-Wings of Glory WW1: CONTACT PATROL! $4.00 - Karl Evoy 06/04/2015/3:00 PM 180 Mins. - 1/12 Seats Remaining

• 1128-Wings of Glory WW1: Over the Trenches and Through the Clouds $2.00 - Randy Wapperom 06/03/2015/4:00 PM 120 Mins. - 12 Seats SOLD OUT!

• 1129-Wings of Glory WW2: Devil in the Slot $2.00 - Randy Wapperom 06/06/2015/3:00 PM 120 Mins. - 3/12 Seats Remaining

• 1130-Wings of Glory WW2: The Shell Game $2.00 - Randy Wapperom 06/05/2015/2:00 PM 120 Mins. - 7/12 Seats Remaining

• 1131-Wings of Glory WW1: A Picture is Worth 1000 Men $2.00 - Keith Upton 06/05/2015/3:00 PM 120 Mins. - 12 Seats - SOLD OUT!

• 1132-Wings of Glory Aerodrome World War 1 Invitational 2015 $4.00 - Keith Upton 06/06/2015/6:00 PM 240 Mins. - 8/24 Seats Remaining

• 1133-Wings of Glory World War 2: Bounce the Box $4.00 - Keith Upton 06/04/2015/12:00 PM 180 Mins. - 8/12 Seats Remaining

• 1134-Wings of Glory WWI Aerodrome vs. Aerodrome $4.00 - Ken Head 06/12 06/04/2015/11:00 AM 180 Mins. - 12 Seats - SOLD OUT!

• 1135-Wings of Glory WWI Burn Drachen Burn! $4.00 - Ken Head 06/05/2015/11:00 AM 180 Mins. - 4/12 Seats Remaining

• 1136-Wings of Glory WWI Staaken! $4.00 - Ken Head 06/06/2015/11:00 AM 180 Mins. - 8/14 Seats Remaining

• 1137-Wings of Glory WW2: Taking Out the Radar! $2.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/06/2015/12:00 PM 120 Mins. - 8/12 Seats Remaining

• 1138-Wings of Glory WW2: The Big Furball Tournament $4.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/05/2015/6:00 PM 240 Mins. - 10/14 Seats Remaining

• 1139-Wings of Glory WW2: Bombers Inbound! $2.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/06/2015/9:00 AM 120 Mins. - 3/12 Seats Remaining

• 1140-Wing of Glory WW2: Furball over the Pacific $2.00 - Tom Crownhart 06/03/2015/1:00 PM 120 Mins. - 1/12 Seats Remaining

• 1141-Sails of Glory: Did someone say gold? $2.00 - Eric Teoro 06/05/2015/11:00 AM 120 Mins. - 8 Seats SOLD OUT

• 1142-Sails of Glory: Breakout! $2.00 - Eric Teoro 06/05/2015/3:00 PM 120 Mins. - 2/8 Seats Remaining

• 1143-Sails of Glory: A storm is coming! $4.00 - Eric Teoro 06/04/2015/9:00 AM 180 Mins. - 8 Seats SOLD OUT

• 1144-Sails of Glory: The Fog of War $4.00 - Eric Teoro 06/06/2015/9:00 AM 180 Mins. - 1/8 Seats Remaining

• 1145-Sails of Glory: Capture the Spy $4.00 - Eric Teoro 06/06/2015/2:00 PM 180 Mins. - 5/8 Seats Remaining

• 1146-Wings of Glory WW2: Taranto $2.00 - Neil Bayly 06/05/2015/9:00 AM 120 Mins - 14 Seats SOLD OUT

OF THE 274 POSSIBLE SEATS IN 23 EVENTS WE HAVE PRE-SOLD 192 SEATS (70%)
    Last edited by The Cowman; 06-01-2015 at 14:59.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

So far Randy is winning the race to be the first of us to sell out an event!!
    Last edited by The Cowman; 04-19-2015 at 17:26.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

As of this evening Randy and Keith are now neck and neck with one seat remaining each in an event. Lots more changes... looks like some of my PR work might be working... I will be adding releases to as many sites as possible... hopefully someone will write a release at Ares Games as well! (hint hint nudge nudge!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

More seats sold all around as of this afternoon!!!! Keith's event #1131-Wings of Glory WW1: A Picture is Worth 1000 Men is now SOLD OUT BABY!!!!

Keith you are our unofficial race winner... your prize: our combined jealousy!!! All hail the big green monster and may we keep selling seats like crazy!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

I knew I should have bought that last ticket in my event!

Seriously, we've got one sold out, and a few more heading in that direction. Love to see ALL the events sell out!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    More seats sold all around as of this afternoon!!!! Keith's event #1131-Wings of Glory WW1: A Picture is Worth 1000 Men is now SOLD OUT BABY!!!!

Keith you are our unofficial race winner... your prize: our combined jealousy!!! All hail the big green monster and may we keep selling seats like crazy!

By the by... Well done, Keith!

It's Monday evening... and a few more seats are gone. More importantly, Randy's Event #1128-Wings of Glory WW1: Over the Trenches and Through the Clouds is now SOLD OUT!!

That's two events down... and 21 to go!!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

A few more seats sold this afternoon... I think we are at a good pace as long as they keep registration open for a few more weeks and I keep getting those Press Releases and links out on the internet.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Now, they numbers are not like the ones on the Origins site where they show the number of seats not sold are they! lol

Thanks for keeping us update Ken and congrats to Randy for selling out one of his events as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Now, they numbers are not like the ones on the Origins site where they show the number of seats not sold are they! lol

Thanks for keeping us update Ken and congrats to Randy for selling out one of his events as well.
    Actually those figures are taken straight from my Origins Registration page... so they are "seats remaining" not "seats sold". The lower your numbers are, the better.

I have no doubt that unless we get a horrible placement in the minis area, with no cross traffic, we will be able to pick up any players we need to fill our events at the Con itself. We just have to make sure we are outgoing and friendly to passers-by as usual... and that we hand out lots of flyers! That is of course if we do not sell out ahead of time... we have at least a week or two left!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

And Ares is going to put their PR wheel in to motion about our events at Origins here in the near future.

Wow, that line up looks great. I really want to make it this year but won't know until that Monday if the work schedule will allow it.

Andrea posted them on the Yahoo groups.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Numbers looking good. Mind you my two might be flying several aircraft each!
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post

You have four players registered so far... and I have no doubt your event will fill at the Con if nothing else.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

The WWI Aerodrome Invitational Tournament is halfway sold out!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post

Yeah, your event will be filled just by the Aerodrome members that are there. I plan on playing as well, but was going to use the HOT ribbon I purchased. So, I can't really per-register for it

In all of our events, we list a max number of players because Origins requires it. But we very often add more players to a sold out event just so everyone can play. For the most part, it's just a matter of adding a few more planes to each side or letting them control planes the GM was going to control.

The WWI Aerodrome Invitational Tournament is halfway sold out!
    It would be nice to see this sell out before the game, but we have never had less then 22 players for it.

Yeah, your event will be filled just by the Aerodrome members that are there. I plan on playing as well, but was going to use the HOT ribbon I purchased. So, I can't really per-register for it

In all of our events, we list a max number of players because Origins requires it. But we very often add more players to a sold out event just so everyone can play. For the most part, it's just a matter of adding a few more planes to each side or letting them control planes the GM was going to control.

It would be nice to see this sell out before the game, but we have never had less then 22 players for it.
    Keith actually you can pre-register for events. Because you have a HOT ribbon already, it will not charge you for any of our events. So have at it sir!!

PLUS having a ticket to the event will give you priority for the event over someone with just a HOT Ribbon and no Ticket.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Ken, when I add the events to My Itinerary, it adds them to the Fees & Payments tab showing that I owe for those games with a total due amount.

Ken, when I add the events to My Itinerary, it adds them to the Fees & Payments tab showing that I owe for those games with a total due amount.
    Keith try calling GAMA Monday or Tuesday at 614-255-4500 before 5 PM if you can. Ask for Bruce Langdon, and if he is not there, hopefully someone else can look at your account and fix the problem. Tell him you are a buddy of mine and are with The Buckeye Gamers in Flight. (Bruce used to own Armoury Games where I worked and we first started playing Wings.)

I had no problems signing up for 9 events... Tom on the other hand had the exact same problem you are having. Not sure if he has called to resolve it yet. Let me know how it works out.

I will have more news regarding compensation and our table issue on Monday!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

I might be wrong in this, but I think you still have to pay if you are pre-registering for an event. A HOT ribbon just gives you a place if there are openings, kinda like an unlimited generic token. I know in past cons I had a HOT ribbon and still had to pay for pre-regs. If I am wrong, let me know. Makes a HOT ribbon even more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep One View Post
    I might be wrong in this, but I think you still have to pay if you are pre-registering for an event. A HOT ribbon just gives you a place if there are openings, kinda like an unlimited generic token. I know in past cons I had a HOT ribbon and still had to pay for pre-regs. If I am wrong, let me know. Makes a HOT ribbon even more valuable.
    You are indeed wrong kind sir! The HOT ribbon at Origins allows you to play in any HOT event for free, and you may use it to get a ticket. Like I said, I did it this year for 7 HOT events and no problems. The registration software is just a little goofy every year and requires us to make "tech" calls.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

OK guys, I had the same problem.
    First add the HOT ribbon then add your itinerary, it should show zero cost on the miniature events. If you have your itinerary then add the HOT ribbon it will charge you for each event.
    Hope this helps
    Bob

That's AWESOME!!! I am so glad I am wrong. (It does not happen much, and I sometimes need to feel that emotion to keep my tremendously ego in check)

You are indeed wrong kind sir! The HOT ribbon at Origins allows you to play in any HOT event for free, and you may use it to get a ticket. Like I said, I did it this year for 7 HOT events and no problems. The registration software is just a little goofy every year and requires us to make "tech" calls.

That's AWESOME!!! I am so glad I am wrong. (It does not happen much, and I sometimes need to feel that emotion to keep my tremendously ego in check)
    Alrighty then!!! Get in there and register for events man... and make sure you get at least one of mine. (Staaken is a tough one but fun)!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

The "glitch" must also show up if you register and checkout, then come back at a later date to register for events. For both Neil and my self, I bought the HOT ribbons one day and a couple of days later tried to per-register for certain events.... and it is trying to charge me monies!!!

We managed to sell a few Sails events today!!! Let's hope that trend keeps going!

Once those of you with glitches get those worked out, the numbers will look even better!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Sunday Report: More than a few more seats sold on various events. Sails of glory is picking up still! Eric's event #1141-Sails of Glory: Did someone say gold? is now SOLD OUT as well! We will see what tomorrow brings!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Welcome to the club, Eric! But I am looking for more members!

Wish I could be there comrades.

So much ambitious games and friends who host them.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

So do I my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post

Monday Report: Almost every Wings event sold at least one seat today!!! Looks like the folks who were having issues are getting them fixed... I get an idea of our general location at the convention today, and I would predict that we will over-fill most of our events even after pre-registration!

This man is very happy! I would do flips if I could!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Looks like only one WW2 game is anywhere near 50% sold - most are around 25% sold.
    Is that a common thing?
    Is WW1 really that much more popular than WW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Looks like only one WW2 game is anywhere near 50% sold - most are around 25% sold.
    Is that a common thing?
    Is WW1 really that much more popular than WW2?
    CappyTom has a real knack for grabbing passers-by and charming them into his games to get them filled... especially families with kids. I am thinking we will be OK! I need some help with my Staaken game... funny thing is, it was my best game last year and over-filled by two players to 16 total!

Off topic(kinda): I could also use suggestions at this last minute for "sailing" sites to get our press release up on to help fill the rest of our Sails games.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Ken, I've managed to secure the official Ares pre-production Staaken min for use in you game

As for sail sites, I know none beyond the Anchorage. Perhaps you should ask there if you have not already?

On it boss!

Oh and AWESOME news on the Staaken!!! We will have to display it with a sign and guard it with our lives... OR We could display mine and tell folks if they want to see the real Ares product they can come by for the event! Is there a PR person at Ares we can talk to about coming up with some sort of a promo sign for it?? 8.5" x 11" and we could display it in one of Randy's clear acrylic table stands!
    Last edited by The Cowman; 04-28-2015 at 19:17.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

so for the 2 wgf events sold out will there be room for more players because i missed out on those

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post

i wish you could be also!

When are you heading down?

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    so for the 2 wgf events sold out will there be room for more players because i missed out on those

As long as we are allowed this year, and have the physical space, (our setup is different than last year's ) I imagine we can start waiting lists on Sold Out events for no shows, and/or a couple extra players... as long as the folks at the table have no problem with it. (Some people do not like over-crowded events!)

Note that we have to give ticketed players 10 minutes until after the scheduled start time to show before giving away their seat.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

When are you heading down?
    ill be down there wednesday, sometime midday maybe.

As long as we are allowed this year, and have the physical space, (our setup is different than last year's ) I imagine we can start waiting lists on Sold Out events for no shows, and/or a couple extra players... as long as the folks at the table have no problem with it. (Some people do not like over-crowded events!)

Note that we have to give ticketed players 10 minutes until after the scheduled start time to show before giving away their seat.
    cool, well sign me up for the waiting list ill be hanging around around

cool, well sign me up for the waiting list ill be hanging around around
    To be fair... we won't put out a waiting list until 30 minutes before the event, and only if we are informed by a player that the event is sold out, or we can take extra players (Once pre-reg closes we have no way to access seat info)

But like you said... you will be hanging around!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

To be fair... we won't put out a waiting list until 30 minutes before the event, and only if we are informed by a player that the event is sold out, or we can take extra players (Once pre-reg closes we have no way to access seat info)

But like you said... you will be hanging around!
    thats pretty much what i figured

thats pretty much what i figured
    Also Phillip remember that ticketed players are first, HOT ribbon holders always have priority over those with generic tokens, despite the position on a waiting list. (In other words, HOT ribbon is the way to go if you are playing in a bunch of our events!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

When does pre-reg close.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    When does pre-reg close.
    Karl
    Karl I am unsure... My guess is the first week in May. That would give GAMA a month to print and process Pre-reg packets prior to the Con.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Also Phillip remember that ticketed players are first, HOT ribbon holders always have priority over those with generic tokens, despite the position on a waiting list. (In other words, HOT ribbon is the way to go if you are playing in a bunch of our events!)
    already got my hot ribbon and signed up for tickets

Wednesday Night Update: A couple more seats sold in two events. A slow hump day but tomorrow is a new day! I predict a couple more sell-outs!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Origins 2015 Event Registration is online!
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 11:52
  2. Battle of Britain Event 1304 Origins 2013
    By Kermit in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 05:13
  3. Origins Event Registration is online!
    By The Cowman in forum Past Origins Game Fairs
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 17:02
  4. Origins 2011 WoW Event Planning...
    By The Cowman in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 06:55