Ares Games

Thread: Aerial Duel of Doom

Default Aerial Duel of Doom

My dad and I ran a sortie a few nights ago. So here's my first legitimate write up.
    I was circling around and saw an allied plane up ahead, a SPAD XIII of Rickenbacker! I quickly take-off in my airplane and meet him. We made 3 or 4 passes like a medieval joust (knights on horses with long sticks, get the picture?) until my guns jammed and broke away from the passes. He had yet to score any hits on me. We began circling each other by my Albatros DVa got the better of the tight turns. I got on his tail and sent him to the ground with his tail in between his legs!

I only took 2 pts. of damage that whole sortie! My dad was less lucky. He refuses to fly any non- US airplane, so he is normally Eddie.

Thanks for reading!

As a fellow Albatros D.Va pilot, I congratulate you on your victory!

I've found the Spad to very much be a jouster--fast, straight approaches followed by Immelman's to turn around and attack again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If your dad would like to try a more maneuverable plane, how about the Boudwin SE5a? It's listed as affiliated with the US 25th Aero Squadron, and wikipedia says the U.S. used SE5as. Though in game terms, I found the SE5a a bit tricky to maneuver properly when I first tried it out...

Well, I only have Famous Aces, no actual minis or booster/blisters.

Well done, Charlie. That sounds like the usual outcome when I fly against my son, Hunter (Aero825).
    Thanks for sharing.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Well, I only have Famous Aces, no actual minis or booster/blisters.
    I think the "Dogfight" booster includes a few U.S. Se5a cards, if your dad wants to expand his selection. Good reason for him to pick up some more cards/planes for you guys, maybe?

Nah, my dad isn't a gamer I am though, I was playing RPGs when I was 8 He thinks gamers play monopoly and clue at a store all night and drink beer. That's partially right for our local store. minus the monopoly and clue and plus WH40000 (enough zeros for you?) and Flames of War. I know you guys are nice people and enjoy having fun playing games, I wish my dad did to

Similar Missions

1. The National Collection of Aerial Photography
    By Yosser in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 18:41
  2. Free Aerial Photos
    By bumblie3 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 06:38