Ares Games

Thread: Altitude Pegs / Flight Pegs ?

Default Altitude Pegs / Flight Pegs ?

A simple question.......

Does anyone know where I can actually buy some more altitude pegs for single seat fighters?
    I understand these SHOULD be available in bags of 50 or 100.

I have searched just about all the obvious retailers and on line sites...
    BUT they appear as rare as hen's teeth !

I have seen the bases with the round altitude height indicators, but not the pegs....
    one without the other seems illogical

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Thanks
    Maverick

There should be a release of pegs coming up soon Simon.
    I have a bag on pre order from the Aerodrome store myself.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I do believe that these are down for a reprint, last I saw anyway, yes they are rare and soon get snapped up, may
    I suggest an order with the AA will ensure you get a pack, I would also suggest getting two packs, even with 100 pegs , you'll be amazed how quickly they get used, especially when you start using them with altitude

The new release of pegs is actually in packs of 50, so you will want to get sdeveral if you intend to do many of your own aircraft. Even a hundred pegs at 4 per aircraft only does 25 planes. I always bank on six pegs per plane allowing 2 for altitude. You don't often climb more than that in a game.
    Rob.

You can order unofficial ones from Battle Tree Designs (he has a shop on Ebay); as well as the regular clear ones he sell mixed blue and clear.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/battletreedesigns

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brian (Grey)
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by QB Fox View Post
    You can order unofficial ones from Battle Tree Designs (he has a shop on Ebay); as well as the regular clear ones he sell mixed blue and clear.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/battletreedesigns
    They work very well, though a tad thicker. Very robust. Most users here tend to alternate the blue & clear ones to make counting easier.
    Lately, we have been using 8-9 per plane for starting altitudes.

I like them; although I don't usually use them unless altitude is likely to be an issue.

When playing with altitude, I glue four clear pegs together with the fifth being blue - easy to count (in fives!) and just a few blues go a long way!
    Also, two rigid stacks of 5 under a plane make the column MUCH less wobbly than just using singles.

Mind you, I do have an awful lot of pegs, to allow this kind of usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    There should be a release of pegs coming up soon Simon.
    I have a bag on pre order from the Aerodrome store myself.
    Rob.
    I have four

Personally I have never seen the need to buy extra pegs , unless you intend to fly all your planes at once at max altitude. But the blue ones make counting easer

Hi Darell.
    I do it so as to keep all my sets complete in their trays.
    I discovered years ago, when doing shows that it is easy to turn up without a certain component if they are stored separately. So I started putting a set of everything in each storage tray. Now I can just pick up a required tray and go.This worked O.K. until I started building my own. Then I needed duplicate cards and pegs. Also some inevitably get lost or broken at shows, hence the need for spares in my case.
    Rob.

I ordered 2 packs some time ago from Battle Tree Designs. Still have one pack unopened and they fit the bill for me fine. Good value but hope the Drome can get them also.

Similar Missions

1. Altitude pegs
    By Brambo in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 05:18
  2. Altitude Pegs again
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 02:06
  3. Altitude Pegs
    By sarge in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4