Ares Games

Thread: two quick questions about damage cards

Default two quick questions about damage cards

what is the difference between the red and the green jammed guns?

wounded airmen: when a two-seater take a card with a 'wounded airmen' symbol; how do I know if the guy that has been shoot is the gunner or the pilot?

If a one-sitter takes a 'wounded airman' card, the pilot is wounded, Am I right? what is the effect on the pilot?

thanks!

Red and Green JAM cards relate to an ace special ability "Bullet Checker".
    Some pilots would check each individual round of ammo for damage/faults before loading (the production wasn't that consistent) reducing the chance of a jam.
    Such pilots can ignore the green jam cards.

Pilots are hit on the 3 point card only (otherwise the hit is taken by the gunner or ignored in scouts) and thereafter cannot execute steep maneuvers

Thanks about your answers Algy

Quote Originally Posted by AlgyLacey View Post
    Pilots are hit on the 3 point card only (otherwise the hit is taken by the gunner or ignored in scouts) and thereafter cannot execute steep maneuvers
    so let's say a scout takes an 3 damage card with the pilot injured symbol; and later in the game takes another damage card with the 'engine damaged' symbol... damaged engine means the player has to perform a 'stall' (a steep maneuver) every turn; but since the pilot is injured, he can not ... so is the fighter shoot down?

I also remember something about that the pilot can't fire right after the Immelmann turn if injured, Am I right about it?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

I'm not sure how much of this we house ruled or if it's mostly official but we play that when the pilot is injured he cannot fire after completing stalls, immelmanns, climbs, and other steep maneuvers. A second pilot injury is death.

We also don't look to the damage portion ... a hurt pilot is always a hurt pilot unless it's a two-seater, in which case the gunner dies on the first and the pilot dies on the second injured pilot draw.

Again I can't remember how much of that is house ruled (we do a lot of that) but I know it's at least based on the official rules.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

It depends on your version of the rules - see my reply on the Yahoo group, as I'm not typing it again....

Just setting up a game to try out my new "Spinning Incinerators", so I'll check my rulebooks:

In the rules with the 3 boxed sets the Wounded card only affects the gunner in two-seaters (can't fire rear gun) and has no effect on single-seaters.

The Deluxe Set rules changed this so that the pilot could be affected too. With those rules, a wounded pilot cannot fire after any Steep manoeuvre (other than a Dive) or Immelman/Split-S card. He also takes an extra phase to unjam guns. A second Wounded card kills the pilot.

With two-seaters, the pilot is only hit if you draw a Wounded card with 3 damage points (even if the gunner has already been killed). With single-seaters, any Wounded card affects the pilot.
    Last edited by IRM; 09-23-2010 at 05:55.

Similar Missions

1. quick repaint
    By het in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 23:02
  2. A quick after action report!
    By richard m schwab in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 18:58
  3. Few Questions!
    By EineHund in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 13