Ares Games
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ACE Hangar Trays

Default New ACE Hangar Trays

I'm happy to announce that the new ACE Hangar Trays are finally ready for production! I will be taking pre-orders from now until April 19th and placing the initial production order on the 20th. Due to the space these will take up in my house, I am not planning keeping a large amount on stock all the time. I also have to order a minimum amount to have them produced, so restocks will not happen as quickly as my other AA products. This means you should consider ordering most of what you need in this initial production run if at all possible.

And for those of you that might not have seen them yet, here are a few photos...

You can see in those photos that you can select the bottom foam color for each of your trays.

Here is the old style tray "supporting" a cordless drill:

New style top foam (no bottom foam!) supporting that same drill:

As you can see, the new foam is much denser, but it's actually smoother in feel than the old style and does the pores for your minis to snag on.

LOOP

Will there still be some combodeals?

LOOP

Skip the deals. I need them!! Order placed!!

Are these going to hold the new Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    Will there still be some combodeals?
    That will depend on if I can work out offering the bags. I'm pretty sure I can, but can't say 100% right now. If I do end up offering a combo deal a little later on and you have already ordered a qualifying amount of foam (enough to fill the bag), I could give a corresponding discount on the bag only price. So you can order now knowing you can't still take advantage on the deal later on if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtschwärmer View Post
    Are these going to hold the new Giants?
    No of the current trays will hold the Giants, but I will be offering them a little closer to their release. They need thicker foam and I have some other trays that will also require thicker foam that I'll produce at the same time. But I have to double check that a single Giant will fit on a tray first!

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    That will depend on if I can work out offering the bags. I'm pretty sure I can, but can't say 100% right now. If I do end up offering a combo deal a little later on and you have already ordered a qualifying amount of foam (enough to fill the bag), I could give a corresponding discount on the bag only price. So you can order now knowing you can't still take advantage on the deal later on if it happens.
    That is very generous of you. You do know how to take good care of your customers
    Last edited by LOOP; 04-07-2015 at 22:26.

Well, I am my own best customer! lol No really, as a player and fan of this game, I just personally want the best products at the best price and understand that you guys do too.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Garth
    Sorties Flown

What are the try dimensions? Are they planned to fit existing transport bags or is there another idea
    Enquiring minds want to know ��

They are 7.5"x13". The standard tray size before GW and BF decided to make their trays not fit any of the other bags out there so you would have to buy there

I'll add the sizes to the product description later today (thanks for pointing out the omission)

Order placed! now waiting......

very nicely done!

Time to update my inventory
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Ok I put my hand up
    dumb question time, from a newbie...
    I guess the first tray is for WW1 single seat such as Sopwith Camel, Fokker DR1 etc?
    But if I have RE8 etc as well what hangar tray should I be using for them?
    I don't know if this is a 'big ask' or not....
    but could a list of tray's for models be produced.. or at least types, ie twin seat / single seat etc....?
    Sorry to be so fundamental in the questions,
    also
    Are the hangers priced differently ?~ if so what are the prices each hanger tray...
    How many trays in a bag etc
    Simple basic questions,
    but thought I had better ask / clarify before spending the pocket money...
    Thank you for your understanding
    Regards
    Maverick

Hi Simon,

Each tray on the site lists which miniatures will fit in it (just follow the link in the first post). Simply take inventory of the planes you have and then compare them to the list for each tray. Tray prices are based on thickness, with all but two of the current trays being the same price. Prices are also clearly listed on the site next to each tray.

As for how many fit into a bag, that will depend on what kind of bag you have or get. Each tray product page lists how thick the tray is. You can use that and the dimensions of the bag you have/want to get to determine how many trays will fit in it.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

need to do a head count of the aircraft I own!

Hi Simon,

Each tray on the site lists which miniatures will fit in it (just follow the link in the first post). Simply take inventory of the planes you have and then compare them to the list for each tray. Tray prices are based on thickness, with all but two of the current trays being the same price. Prices are also clearly listed on the site next to each tray.

As for how many fit into a bag, that will depend on what kind of bag you have or get. Each tray product page lists how thick the tray is. You can use that and the dimensions of the bag you have/want to get to determine how many trays will fit in it.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    Yes when is the deadline for preorders?

LOOP

They are 7.5"x13".
    For us metric-freaks...... 7,5"x13" is that aboute 19x33 cm?
    1"= 2,54 cm...

One option (that I'm seriously considering) is to use hard box storage for the bulk of the collection, and tailor the trays in your bags for what you might need
    for your given event. Since I'm over 500 planes, the cost in bags might be a bit high

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    April 19th.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    As Karl passed along, I'm closing the pre-order out on April 19th. I don't want this pre-order period to go on for a long time, but I needed to give you guys time to access what you need and possibly get one or two paydays under your belts.

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    For us metric-freaks...... 7,5"x13" is that aboute 19x33 cm?
    1"= 2,54 cm...
    For you metric guys (and how I wish we were too!), they are 19.05cm x 33.02cm

LOOP

For you metric guys (and how I wish we were too!), they are 19.05cm x 33.02cm
    Thanks! I wasn't so far of then

I'll try and get at my collection for a count-up this weekend and place an order

Oh, no something else to spend my money on. And ever so useful, too. Arrrrrgh.

Curses. My Battle Hive case is 8.75" x 11.25" internal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slexlaw View Post
    Curses. My Battle Hive case is 8.75" x 11.25" internal.
    That's too bad. I've never seen that case before. Does it only open from the top? Seems like that would make it hard to get the trays out with those hard sides.

As Karl passed along, I'm closing the pre-order out on April 19th. I don't want this pre-order period to go on for a long time, but I needed to give you guys time to access what you need and possibly get one or two paydays under your belts.
    And maybe clear or credit card balances
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    And maybe clear or credit card balances
    Karl
    In your case I'd say secure a 2nd mortgage. lol

They are 7.5"x13".
    Will these fit in the Sabol Army Transport - "The Motor Pool" bags? According to their website the bags fit dual 7.5"x13" trays but when I measure the trays I have they are actually closer to 7.25". Is this the norm (like 2x4's not really being a full 2" by 4")? The bags hold two trays per "level" and I own two so it would be nice to be able to put them into dual use with another miniature game I play... that shall not be named...

Yes Scott, they will fit in the Sabol Army Transport bag. I have several of those that I have used for years with my other games. My trays measure to a true 7.5x13 and will fit perfectly into your Motor Pool bags.

These look really nice...unfortunately, I just got a Battlefoam PACK system 2 months ago.
    I think the dimensions are 39.4 cm x 30.5 cm...I'm wondering if I might be able to fit two trays per level but I think they might be about 2 cm too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    These look really nice...unfortunately, I just got a Battlefoam PACK system 2 months ago.
    I think the dimensions are 39.4 cm x 30.5 cm...I'm wondering if I might be able to fit two trays per level but I think they might be about 2 cm too wide.
    Which PACK bag did you get? Another member has verified that two of these sized trays will fit in the PACK 720 nicely. I've ordered one (I'm hoping it gets here this week ) to do a double check my self.

Which PACK bag did you get? Another member has verified that two of these sized trays will fit in the PACK 720 nicely. I've ordered one (I'm hoping it gets here this week ) to do a double check my self.
    I got a PACK Go...its the same length/width as the 720 but only 9" deep as opposed to the 12" 720 bag.
    Right now I have it packed with 2x their M-L trays and 1x their S-M tray (plus I got a 3" pluck foam tray for a barrage balloon).

If the ACE trays fit, then I'm thinking that the balloon could be stored somewhere else unless specifically being taken somewhere, which would leave room for at least 2 rows of the ACE trays (4 trays total if they do fit 2-to-a row in the PACK bag).

The only other consideration, I guess, is the shipping costs to Canada....hopefully they aren't too bad.

About how many trays do you need to order in a batch? I'm only good for about a dozen at a time at *best*, more likely four or eight, so... getting enough for my collection could take a while if I'm limited to 1-3 sets' worth at a time.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

In your case I'd say secure a 2nd mortgage. lol
    Well, I won't know until I finish the math, but here's why I'm glad you are getting these out:
    (and this doesn't include my Shapeways, F-Toys or series 8 on the way )
    Karl

Name:  Inventory 2.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  90.9 KB
    Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Name:  Inventory 2.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  90.9 KB
    I share your pain..................

Keeping the original boxes is what makes them take up so much space. Tray storage will change your life... for the better!

That's too bad. I've never seen that case before. Does it only open from the top? Seems like that would make it hard to get the trays out with those hard sides.
    The case opens from the top, but the trays have a fabric tab on each side to hold onto, so you can slide them in and out easily.

I. Must. Have.

Curse getting paid every other week!

Looks like I'm out on this preorder. Was going to try to order enough for Series 1-3, but with three style/color combos being Insufficient Stock... maybe next batch.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

LOOP

Do you have any type of timeframe when the trays will get back from production?
    I know it's only been 9-10 days but ....... well...... I'm just a little impatient....

They have not giving me a date yet... but towards the end of May I would think. When I find out more, I'll let you guys know of course.

Aww, shoot. My boxes are 7.5Hx12Lx20.75W", and weren't these 7.5Wx13L?

Oh well, just means rethinking the containers... maybe I can "hand down" the boxes to contain my SGN organizers.

Yes, my trays are 7.5x13 inches.

So much for getting off cheap... LOL Idea: ever consider offering a stiff-plastic sleeve for your trays, something you could slide on or off to hold things in if the tray needs to go vertical in a box?

Never really thought about it, but I think production would be an issue. Something like that would require a mold to be made and then a very large production run. I don't think there would be enough demand to warrant the costs.

An extra foam bottom that a user could secure to the top of a tray might work just as well though. How it was secured would be left up to the user though.

Gotcha--I was just thinking a stamped sheet with overlapping ends fused together, like a slipcase for some books. The rub there is, the mandrel or jig or whatever for the stamping, and the manual labor to solder or glue it...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Looks like I'm out on this preorder. Was going to try to order enough for Series 1-3, but with three style/color combos being Insufficient Stock... maybe next batch.

Karl, got lucky--sounds like I wasn't the only one in that boat, so Keith extended by a day or two. I'm now In, but need to figure out "outer wrappers" since my old reliable catering boxes I've used for years are an inch too narrow. Oh well, they'll still do for the empty boxes... and maybe repurpose into Sails.

LOOP

I am also thinking over bags and boxes for my trays. I even considering sewing my own design...
    But I will have to wait until I have the trays in my hand

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Series 6 Hangar Trays
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 10:57
  2. A review of the WoG Aerodrome WW1 Hangar trays.
    By john snelling in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 15:48
  3. WGF Slightly used Hangar Trays
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 01:41
  4. Hangar Trays restocked.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 15:49
  5. WWII Miniatures Aerodrome Hangar Trays