Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice on a possible new business venture...

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Now Tim; if you didn't want it scratched, you shouldn't have put it on the table!
    Karl
    I'd hope you'd think twice before saying that if my girlfriend decides to help me help you jokers out by opening a second assembly line for Canada/Commonwealth deployments... (She used to paint D&D Minis many years ago.) Between us, we decided to make one change to the plan... German tanks will come without numbers, but with decal suggestions and a guide to what the various codes mean--it'd be just too much work to catalog every single possible different platoon variant. Maybe MiscMini could come up with a solution here...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Now, what did you use for the landing and take off area? Looks like a mat of some sort.

For diorama building, I've now got some German tent hangars ready .. both small and large sizes in 1:600, 1:700, 1:800 (2mm), and 1:1000 scales. The smaller the scale, the more tents come on a sprue. Small scale Bessonneau hangars and maybe some 1:800 and 1:1000 aeroplanes I'll have to address another day. (I had forgotten that Blender's thicknessing tool gets wonky at very small scales and sharp angles, so it took more effort than I estimated to resize them.)

I now have 6-bay, 9-bay, and 12-bay Bessonneau hangars available in 1:600, 1:700, 1:800 (2mm), and 1:1000 on Shapeways. Next I just have to look into some more small-scale aeroplanes to populate these tiny aerodromes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Site: Business Trip and Vacation
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 17:45
  2. Drome Business cards?
    By pflanzer in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 12:56
  3. Business as usual.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing