Ares Games

Thread: Series 8 Release date

Default Series 8 Release date

I was wondering if anyone had any "hard news" on the series 8 release dates, The thought of flying a Nieuport 28 is keeping me up at night, Ill have all three, one Fokker D.VIII and one Hannover CL.IIIa, I'm not so keen on the Macchi M.5, It looks to me like a flying target, What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any "hard news" on the series 8 release dates, The thought of flying a Nieuport 28 is keeping me up at night, Ill have all three, one Fokker D.VIII and one Hannover CL.IIIa, I'm not so keen on the Macchi M.5, It looks to me like a flying target, What do you think?
    I personally thought the Macchi 5 was the best one of the lot

I'm very interested in the Italian front, so the Macchi is a must-have for me. And as a bonus they have one in Austrian markings too.

Besides, the wife and I both love the Porco Rosso movie from Ghibli Studios, so these will have no trouble getting the go-ahead.

Yes I am only interested in the Macchi. Due to low funds I may get the others at a later stage.

I have flown my Macchi twice now and won with it both times.
    It is not the walk over you would imagine.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any "hard news" on the series 8 release dates
    Ares Games website still says March 2015

If they are coming via the West coast of the U.S. don't hold your breath boys.
    The Sails of Glory ships scheduled for mid January are now tentatively mid March, and that's not assured. A spokes person on U.S. TV said about three months to clear the backlog of containers.
    Rob.

As usual, we shall just have to be patient. It is nothing new. Just think of all the pilots who had to 'soldier on' with their old machines whilst waiting for more modern ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    As usual, we shall just have to be patient. It is nothing new. Just think of all the pilots who had to 'soldier on' with their old machines whilst waiting for more modern ones.
    I couldn't agree more Dave. As my old gran used to say. Keep wishing for things before their time and you will wish your life away. I never understood what she meant when I was a ten year old, but now at this end of the journey I do. We can but wait. The only thing I wish for nowadays is that they will turn up whilst I'm here to enjoy them.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I couldn't agree more Dave. As my old gran used to say. Keep wishing for things before their time and you will wish your life away. I never understood what she meant when I was a ten year old, but now at this end of the journey I do. We can but wait. The only thing I wish for nowadays is that they will turn up whilst I'm here to enjoy them.
    Rob.
    They say "Time flys" Rob, Alas "They" forgot to tell us, it flys in an SR71 Blackbird,

Actually Drew, according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity, time passes more slowly the faster you travel. although the effect at 2000 m.p.h. in an SR71 would be negligible.

Just looking t the basic "Stat's" I would say the Macchi M.5 in last place in this group

Plane Speed Armament

Fokker D.VIII 127*mph 2 x 7.92 Spandau MG08 machine guns
    Nieuport 28 123 mph 2 × 7.7 mm Vickers machine guns
    Hannover CL.IIIa 103*mph 3 × 7.92 mm (0.323 in) LMG 08/15 machine guns
    Macchi M.5 117 mph 2 × 7.7 mm Vickers machine guns

March is still the target, but the west coast stuff could push that out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    March is still the target, but the west coast stuff could push that out a bit.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

monza64

Now it is march, with some margin.

It seems everybody are discussing delivery in th US. Any news of deliver in EU ? Or are all planes passing US from their way from China

What you said.
    The trip is clockwise: China->USA->Rest-of-the-World.

Similar Missions

1. Do we have a date for next release?
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 12:09
  2. Release date of each serie
    By Dan-Sam in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 13:46
  3. WGS: Wings of Glory WWII Starter Set - release date and price
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 36