Ares Games

Thread: Real planes fly in

Default Real planes fly in

Anybody ever been to this event? It's about 1 year out and looks great if you can - may need to start long range planning on this one

World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous
    Sept. 23-25, 2011

One of the nation's premier historical aviation events will bring the excitement and adrenaline of early air power to Ohio. The three-day World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous features vintage original and reproduction WWI aircraft, radio-controlled models, era automobiles, period re-enactors and a collector's show. This flying event is offered every other year by the museum and the Great War Aeroplanes Association. Hours for the event are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. FREE admission and parking.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/new...door/index.asp

That looks like a great event. There are some nice photos on that link as well. If I'm anywhere near Ohio around that time I'll try go check it out.

Default Here is a DH2 that flies enjoy

This is vid. This one was taken at the KC fun fly at the TWA air museum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QebMGpGzE74

After Hunter hears of this I'm sure we'll be making advanced hotel reservations and planning the trip out!! Looks like a great time and well worth the trip.

Scott

Question Ohio squadron "fly-in"

Hey Cappy;
    Driving distance for most of us, right?
    Maybe we could have some IFF to tell the WOW guys from the other tourists?
    Karl

Looks great. Pity we are the wrong side of the pond guys. Thanks for the link.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

We do get similar over here too though - I suspect the season's over for this year, but a trip to one of the Shuttleworth collection's flying days really is recommended....

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlerclan View Post
    Anybody ever been to this event? It's about 1 year out and looks great if you can - may need to start long range planning on this one

World War I Dawn Patrol Rendezvous
    Sept. 23-25, 2011...

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/new...door/index.asp
    I live so close... but have never made it out... I have been to the museum itself recentlly... but it seems I will have to make definite plans to make it to the Rendezvous in 2011!

Maybe we could plan a trip for the Ohio pilots to meet up at the museum for a day???
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    We do get similar over here too though - I suspect the season's over for this year, but a trip to one of the Shuttleworth collection's flying days really is recommended....
    Maybe we should have a Flight Rendez-Vous next year?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Maybe we should have a Flight Rendez-Vous next year?
    It would be great if we could get something organised for next year.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

That DH.2 is awesome! That would be something to see.

Thanks for the info...I also like the idea of a trip up to Dayton, OH for those of us who live nearby. I visited the national WW1 museum in KC (several times) and just missed the premier of "Red Baron" there by a day If you ever are in the area it's a great museum! ...here's a link to their site:

http://www.theworldwar.org

Thanks Jim, the site is easy to move through. This might be something to do next year with the family.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorJim View Post
    Thanks for the info...I also like the idea of a trip up to Dayton, OH for those of us who live nearby. I visited the national WW1 museum in KC (several times) and just missed the premier of "Red Baron" there by a day If you ever are in the area it's a great museum! ...here's a link to their site:

http://www.theworldwar.org

Since I have gotten into the WWI aeroplane miniatures games ( I started playing Blue Max before I learned of WoW), I have made it a point to go to the last 2 fly ins. I enjoyed myselfs both times but made sure I had no kids around The second time to spoil my fun. Go with kids who want to go, lesson learned.

Amen Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by von Klauser View Post
    Since I have gotten into the WWI aeroplane miniatures games ( I started playing Blue Max before I learned of WoW), I have made it a point to go to the last 2 fly ins. I enjoyed myselfs both times but made sure I had no kids around The second time to spoil my fun. Go with kids who want to go, lesson learned.

Similar Missions

1. Shoot at the real thing
    By Goering Ace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 08:13
  2. Maximum planes for one person to fly
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 14:38
  3. Real Mini Wargaming (ACW 15mm)
    By afilter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11