Ares Games

Thread: Q. For Thems As Has One of Clipper's Zeps

Default Q. For Thems As Has One of Clipper's Zeps

What's the diameter of the Zep envelope?

Chris, take a look at this paper-model--Clipper's P being 1/214ish rather than 1/144 will be a little smaller, can't speak to the Type R's and beyond.
    http://jleslie48.com/zep/

I'm going with this model for mine mainly because I'm thinking to hollow it out as a storage solution when not playing... and to be able to put the front half on the table without the back half hanging over, or similarly remove the front with the rear still in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I'm going with this model for mine mainly because I'm thinking to hollow it out as a storage solution when not playing...
    Funny -- that's why I was asking.

I have this notion for how to build a "Zeppelin mini which is also a carrying case", but since I can't put up drawings, I'll have to explain it.

Since a Zep envelope is essentially a cylinder with two conical bits on each end, I'm picturing the ends being slide-on/slide-off, like matrushkas [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ru...Matroshka2.jpg ] for holding all the ancillary bits of the game (chit bags; cards; detachable bits of the zep, like the engine pods; etc.). The central cylinder would be split in half, with the lid being also slide-on/off, and containing a series of puck-shaped foam "shelves" for the minis (mini fits into puck; pucks fit together inside zep envelope). Then the whole sordid mess can be carried around as a simple tube.

Chris, it's a good idea, the problem is that Zeppelin geometry is rather complicated--I sent you the link to that model in the hope that seeing the cross-section would help.

I'm thinking I'll build Thorsten's envelope, then ask Clipper to make a set of engines and gondolas since the two of them have pooled research efforts on the P-ships. I need to find my notes on where the plugs go, but I'm thinking about stretching mine into a Type Q... 10m rear plug added to aft end of cylinder, 5m stretch somewhere in the nose taper but near the aft end.

Similar Missions

1. THANK YOU Clipper!!!
    By Thomatchef in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 12:08
  2. Thank you Clipper.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 10:22
  3. This looks like Clipper's doing to me!
    By somaliavet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 15:23
  4. Clipper's Therapy Day Five!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 13:46
  5. Cap'n Clipper
    By cpflyer in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:36