Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jingle Bells, Machine Gun Shells... Or Red Sleigh Down?

Saved Mike! Thanks.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Also a very novel idea Zoe. How fast can Santa really move! A deck seems a tad slow

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Red Sleigh Down was far and away one of the greatest episodes of South Park ever made

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Also a very novel idea Zoe. How fast can Santa really move! A deck seems a tad slow

Rob.
    Rob,
    This post refers: Jingle Bells, Machine Gun Shells... Or Red Sleigh Down? - Post # 28

Mach 3000 would be difficult to emulate with maneuver cards, and would probably eliminate any useful gaming opportunities.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

From the end of the Combat section in rules: "If the attacking plane doesn’t draw the above stated special damage results, it may fire normally at Santa Claus."

So Santa is like Han Solo and shoots first, correct? Enemy pilots can only shoot Santa if they avoid special damage from the A-deck "gift?"
    Last edited by malachi; 12-08-2021 at 12:56.

Hmmm .... Me can sense more Santa missions coming our way shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Hmmm .... Me can sense more Santa missions coming our way shortly.
    Ho, ho, ho .... careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Where can one get one of these?
    Maybe you already found one, but on eBay you can find a Santa, sleigh & 8 reindeer that’s about 4” in length for sale by Dept 56, called “Up on the Roof”. It’s an all metal set with the reindeer as all one piece and the sleigh as a second piece that hooks together. Not sure how that would work out for you down under. I got one but too late for my game last week, but next year….

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Maybe you already found one, but on eBay you can find a Santa, sleigh & 8 reindeer that’s about 4” in length for sale by Dept 56, called “Up on the Roof”. It’s an all metal set with the reindeer as all one piece and the sleigh as a second piece that hooks together. Not sure how that would work out for you down under. I got one but too late for my game last week, but next year….

I got mine through Baxter. The stl 3d print file is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:198381
    I scratchbulit a sack out of paper and pva glue to match the card.

The ebay dept 56 ones are all $20-$30 plus $25-$45 estimated postage to Australia. Postage will probably be more as the US Postal Service stopped all delivering to Australia back in October, giving a variety of bogus excuses. Deliveries from Australia to the US are unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    From the end of the Combat section in rules: "If the attacking plane doesn’t draw the above stated special damage results, it may fire normally at Santa Claus."

So Santa is like Han Solo and shoots first, correct? Enemy pilots can only shoot Santa if they avoid special damage from the A-deck "gift?"
    Hmmm... Santa isn't able to shoot anyone. First, or last. He is able to defend himself, however. The mechanic of him tossing gifts at attacking planes can be consided defensive anti-air fire, or a Close-In Weapon System.

So, not quite a 'Han shot first' scenario.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Biggles downunder printed the one that went to Zoe. I wonder if toy shops might have some or if you can get card stock ones.

All very good I like the postings on this sight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Bloody hells bells, just got shot down....to the bar!
    By FarEast in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 00:26
  2. The best looking machine
    By Baxter in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 15:09
  3. Lewis Machine Gun
    By Mike W in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 04:58
  4. man matched machine