Ares Games

Thread: Aerodrome Campaign Medal

Default Aerodrome Campaign Medal

We are very happy to announce a new medal - the Aerodrome Campaign Medal. This medal will be awarded to members who participate in one or more approved campaigns run on the Aerodrome, and who meet the medal requirements outlined below. As members play in additional campaigns, they can earn higher levels of the medal, capping off at the gold level for four or more campaigns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoG-Campaign01.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	148843 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoG-Campaign02.png 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	148844 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoG-Campaign03.png 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	148845 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoG-Campaign04.png 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	148846

Campaign Requirements
    Minimum of eight "monthly" missions, not including prequels
    Open to all members of the Aerodrome
    Two or more participants, both of whom qualify for the medal

Qualifying Campaigns
    OTT - original campaign
    OTT - Final Months

Medal Requirements
    Part of official campaign roster
    Flown five, non-prelude, monthly missions, and wrote associated AARs
    Flown the five missions and written the AARs while the campaign was live
    Last edited by 7eat51; 10-30-2014 at 09:59.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Will the administrators to the campaigns listed in the OP please PM me with the official rosters for those campaigns? This will enable us to verify anyone who requests a medal.

For participants who request a medal, please do so for the level that is appropriate. If you have met the qualifications for the bronze-level (two campaigns), for example, please request that level.

Please be patient in receiving this medal as it will take a little time to process the initial set of requests.

Current campaigns will become eligible once the requirements are met; please notify me at the appropriate time and I will update the OP and announce the addition of the campaign.
    Last edited by 7eat51; 10-26-2014 at 07:09.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Edited OP for clarity regarding the nature of the medal and its requirements.

PM sent Eric

"He is wise who watches"

To clarify criteria, for a campaign to be approved, there must be a minimum of eight missions, not including prequels. This is to assure that the campaign has enough length to meaningfully be a campaign.

For a member to earn the medal, he or she must fly five of the above missions and write the associated AARs, doing so as part of the official roster during the time of the actual campaign. This is to assure sufficient time in the campaign to have actually been a part of it. Not every member will be able to participate in every mission, especially for long campaigns, due to life's circumstances, but if they have completed the requisite missions, they have engaged sufficiently to have been a part of said campaign.

I hope this helps. If anyone has any questions regarding criteria, please let me know. The primary goal of the medal is to recognize members who participate in ongoing campaigns at a sufficiently active level.

In the near future, the current campaigns will meet the campaign criteria, and will be added to the qualifying campaign list above. At that time, participating members who meet the medal award criteria will be able to request the medal. I will announce such opportunities as they arise.

Ok. Let me see. I played two mission for the ETO Fire in The Skies campaign last month. This way, these missions doesn't count? Because 8 AARs are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Ok. Let me see. I played two mission for the ETO Fire in The Skies campaign last month. This way, these missions doesn't count? Because 8 AARs are needed.
    Looks like you need to post 5 AARs in a campaign that is at least 8 scenarios long.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    The Fire in the Skies campaigns have not met the criteria of having eight, non-prelude, missions yet. Once a campaign has reached that status, and has met the other criteria, it can be submitted for approval. This will ensure we are actually talking about an ongoing campaign lasting at least eight months with respect to monthly, non-prelude, missions.

Once a campaign has been approved, it will be added to the OP list. Members who have flown five, non-prelude, monthly missions, written the associated AARs, are part of the campaign's official roster, and flew those five missions during the time when the campaign was live, can submit a request for the medal.

I edited the OP, highlighting campaign and medal requirements.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    The Fire in the Skies campaigns have not met the criteria of having eight, non-prelude, missions yet. Once a campaign has reached that status, and has met the other criteria, it can be submitted for approval. This will ensure we are actually talking about an ongoing campaign lasting at least eight months with respect to monthly, non-prelude, missions.

Once a campaign has been approved, it will be added to the OP list. Members who have flown five, non-prelude, monthly missions, written the associated AARs, are part of the campaign's official roster, and flew those five missions during the time when the campaign was live, can submit a request for the medal.
    Sorry Eric! I applied for a medal based on Fire in the Skies & Early Doors but now know that we need 8 missions/AAR's to Qualify so please ignore my request!

Can the following campaigns be added to the lists of official campaigns please?

There are now 18 missions in the Fire in the Skies campaign, a mix of ETO and PTO missions. Each with at least 5 non prelude missions AAR's posted.

ETO Player list
    Skafloc
    RichJ
    7eat51
    F.O.Kyte
    Blackronin
    Nightbomber
    Calm
    Brambo
    Marechallannes
    Gully_raker
    Tikkifriend

PTO Player List
    Skafloc
    RichJ
    7eat51
    F.O.Kyte
    Blackronin
    Nightbomber
    Calm
    Brambo
    Marechallannes
    Gully_raker
    Tikkifriend

There are now 16 missions in the OTT Early Doors Campaign. Nearly all with 5+ non prelude missions posted.
    Last edited by Lt. S.Kafloc; 09-14-2015 at 06:30.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    There are now 16 missions in the OTT Early Doors Campaign. Nearly all with 5+ non prelude missions posted.
    OTT ED should be on the list - All those earning medals for that were recommended when we passed 11 missions as agreed with Eric when this started; those that play five in the second half will be recommended for the next level gongs at the end of the campaign.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Can the following campaigns be added to the lists of official campaigns please?

There are now 18 missions in the Fire in the Skies campaign, a mix of ETO and PTO missions. Each with at least 5 non prelude missions AAR's posted.

ETO Player list
    Skafloc
    RichJ
    7eat51
    F.O.Kyte
    Blackronin
    Nightbomber
    Calm
    Brambo
    Marechallannes
    Gully_raker

PTO Player List
    Skafloc
    RichJ
    7eat51
    F.O.Kyte
    Blackronin
    Nightbomber
    Calm
    Brambo
    Marechallannes
    Gully_raker
    Tikkifriend

Missed me out of the ETO list of players

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

My apologies, a mistake, original list amended.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Missed me out of the ETO list of players
    See you on the Dark Side......

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Similar Missions

1. National La Feuille d'Or - Campaign for National Aerodrome Get Together
    By Strangely Brown in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 11:42
  2. Thank you Aerodrome for my medal!