Ares Games

Thread: Dropping The Anchorage

Default Dropping The Anchorage

Unless, and until, those in charge rectify the failures of the Anchorage, I will not be returning to that site -- it is simply not worth the wasted time and frustration.

That I actually gave money on the basis that the Anchorage's service would *improve*, and instead the site is completely unusable, is just icing on the Insult Cake.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

Chris,

I'm sorry that you are disappointed with the Anchorage. I also stopped visiting the site only because I decided I wasn't going to invest in Sails Of Glory after all at this point (I will stick with WGF / WGS).

Never say never

I'm in a mood to put a foot up somebody's arse myself, but I'm Not Going To Be Chased Off That Easily.

No, I'm ready to commence Gathering Dimensional Lumber and Proceeding IAW FM 22-102, "Wall to Wall Counseling." [LINK]

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Unless, and until, those in charge rectify the failures of the Anchorage, I will not be returning to that site.
    Are you referring simply to the server outages, or are there further issues precipitating your departure?

I'm betting it's the server outages--I'm getting Database Errors every 30 seconds it seems like.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

I would have thought that the same servers served both Aerodrome and Anchorage but I guess not

I created an account when the site was opened, but actually never used it so much. I never was interested in ships (although Sails of Glory is interesting for its gameplay mechanics) and I dont have Sails of Glory, so...
    But im sorry The Anchorage is not working well.

I hope that you will give the Anchorage some time to change servers and then give it another try, Chris.

Always teething problems. I'm on the anchorage, although I too don' have a copy of SoG. Happy to keep dropping in now and then to see what's happening. I have the ships, just need to hint at swmbo that I need a copy of the rules.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I'm all set up and ready to go with this.
    It is just time I need to play.
    Not frequenting the SoG site very much, I have only noticed one attempt to get in fail thus far. I gather it is much worse than that.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Getting database error today for the Anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Getting database error today for the Anchorage
    Just checked and so am I.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Yeah, I get 'em anywhere between every few seconds to every few minutes.

Anchorage no problems tonight, touch wood.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I'm betting it's the server outages--I'm getting Database Errors every 30 seconds it seems like.
    Bingo -- I would have mentioned it on the Anchorage, but when *I**CAN'T**EVEN* *LOG* *IN* *DUE* *TO* *DATABASE* *ERRORS*....

So, when the servers unf*** themselves -- or when the Anchorage is transferred to a server which works....

(Also: I don't normally make public statements like this -- you *really* have to Piss Me Off to accomplish *that*....)

This is the advantage of a dedicated laptop with Permalogin set... granted, NOBODY else ever uses my machine since it's set up to only accept login with my fingerprint. Still working on building in a Taser so that unauthorized users get fried for trying... had a reply to your PM, but not sure if it got out or the Server Monster ate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    had a reply to your PM, but not sure if it got out or the Server Monster ate it.
    Copy it over here -- at least this side works....

Why such noise about not going to the Anchorage anymore?

We all know who invest a big part of his privat time to run these two wonderful forums.

It's the free choice of everyone to support the Anchorage or the Aerodrome with cash or a paid membership, but to insist on a full and immediate "online company service" with this background knowledge is utopistic.

I'm not happy with the statement of this thread, especially because a shipmate with the name csadn is still active at the anchorage.

Bad day or not...
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

I have a simple way of handling it: If I go to the site, and it kicks back a "Database Error" (like it has been the past week or so), I move on to my next site. If it works, I see how far in I can get -- if it actually lets me finish what I'm doing, that's all I ask for. But I don't have ten minutes to waste just trying to log in.

Similar Missions

1. Anchorage???
    By 7eat51 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 11:50
  2. Anchorage
    By 7eat51 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 15:54
  3. The Anchorage
    By 7eat51 in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 109