Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Overview of WWI Miniatures - Timeline and Theaters 2020

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Thankfully, no camel spiders!
    That's a Sopwith F.1 using a Halberstadt D.I wing and struts? >;)

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Thankfully, no camel spiders!
    Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    That's a Sopwith F.1 using a Halberstadt D.I wing and struts? >
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Updated with Ares Series 9 and latest Point System for Wings of Glory thread info.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by RCastro View Post
    von Richthofen flew the Roland on the Eastern Front. Kagohl 2, Kasta 8 / Mont-Morville Aerodrome / May-June 1916
    Corrected, thanks.

Updated the list with the latest releases. If the points numbers have been changed from the original thread, let me know.
    Mike

Update coming? Lots of planes in the New Year.
    Mike

Wow! I just found this thread! This is INCREDIBLE!!!!! Thank you so so much Mike!
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasChuck View Post
    Wow! I just found this thread! This is INCREDIBLE!!!!! Thank you so so much Mike!
    G'day Chuck!
    If you search you will be amazed at what you can find here on the Forum!

Barry,

It just blows my mind how talented and GIVING you guys all are. Sincerely. I’m having so much fun here!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    G'day Chuck!
    If you search you will be amazed at what you can find here on the Forum!
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

This thread isn't a sticky is it? That would be great if it was/is?

OK, my turn to stumble onto this thread.

A list of Nexus/Ares miniatures, cross referenced by their time of operation on each front and again by their Andreas point values. AWESOME.

If you haven't seen this, go directly to the updated Post #1 in this thread. It is like wine pairings for your favorite entrees. I now know that I can field a game of reasonably historically accurate opponents.

AND... it gives me a jump start on targets for further research on my own.

AND... gives me dreams of for historically appropriate repaints (e.g. a three pack of Sopwith Camels vs. a trio of Albatros D.V's).

Well played, Mike and contributors.

This is just excellent and just what i have been looking for. I want to add a proper aircraft/theater matcher to my app

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    This is just excellent and just what i have been looking for. I want to add a proper aircraft/theater matcher to my app
    Be careful with the dates of some of these for match ups, Jan - for instance, the Camel may have been around in May but didn't fly in combat until July '17; You'll need to add the SE5 flew ops at the end of April '17, before the SE5a came about in June.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Be careful with the dates of some of these for match ups, Jan - for instance, the Camel may have been around in May but didn't fly in combat until July '17; You'll need to add the SE5 flew ops at the end of April '17, before the SE5a came about in June.
    I corrected the Camel in my app. S.E.5 has been correct with introduction in April 17.
    I understand this is gonna be quite a task. I will start with a general matchup before i possibly introduce any exact dates.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hmmm... So, my references were not entirely accurate? It could be that some of these were "First Flight" dates? Any assistance with keeping the information as accurate as possible would be appreciated.

Have I missed a plane release, and therefore need to update this?
    Mike

Finally added in the April 2020 Ares release of BR.14s, Rumpler C.IVs, Pfalz D.III/IIIas and RAF SE5/SE5as.
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. General overview of released minis - WWII
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 05-05-2021, 23:13
  2. General overview of released minis - WWI
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-07-2017, 11:15
  3. Comments and notes for General overview - WWI
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGF: General Discussions