Ares Games

Thread: My custom Miniatures

Default My custom Miniatures

Quote Originally Posted by Antabires View Post

Great looking aircraft Mike! I only have one question, How do you keep them on the table during the movement phases? It would seem that they would be too fast to play with.

Hi charlie, i use the same movement system as the WW1 setting, MACH 2.3 or more speed use deck "A", less than 2.3 use "B" or "C" and lower than 1.7 MACH use deck "D" or other slow deck.

Its just an estetic change rather than a full rules changes. I simply implemented a missiles system and countermeasures compatible with the system.

And thats is, we BETA TESTED it several times and it works fine.

Thumbs up My custom Miniatures

Mike!

Yes you are correct The speed of the planes means nothing! The cards average it all out!

Rich

yes, i only added a missile/roket system compatible with the game and third generation planes- Countermeasures and all. Its very fun and i like more the post second war.

Awesome idea. Wow, very cool.

Air teams ready...soviets and americans...

SU 25
    MIG 23
    MIG 29
    F 16
    SEPECAT JAGUAR
    SEA HARRIER II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g 001.jpg   g 004.jpg   g 005.jpg  

Care to share your missile and countermeasures rules with us?

Sure but have in mind taht my main language is spanish.

Missiles (air to air) and Rockets (air to ground) rules:

a) Both weapons have a reach of 4 rulers. Cannons only have one ruler.
    b) The attackers needs one full maneuver toward the target (in fact the nose of the aircraft must point in the target general direction, so if the target is in an upper elevation the attacker must perform a clim movement to acquire the lock.
    c) The next movement once the target is locked (movement of point b) the target fires its missiles or rockets.
    d) Immediately upon the weapons are fired the target must decide how many chaffs to release and then both players pick one random card of their remaining maneuver deck checking the numbers below to the right. (Example player one (attacker) gets a 5/18 result and player 2 (defender) a 7/20. With this result the defender evades the missile.
    e) Each chaf increases by four the defenders card result so in the previous example if the defender used 1 chaff his score would be 11 and not 7.
    f) All aircraft have 5 chaff and in general 2 air to air missiles and two rockets.
    Chaff: Each aircraft has 5 chaff available (tokens), echa chaff used increases the defenders check by 4.
    g) Missile damage is 4 "A" cards and hits cause automatic smoke result.

At the start of every game i give players 5 chaff tokens and missiles and rockets accordingly.

Hope you get the idea.

best regards

Sounds pretty straight forward and easy to fallow. I like that your missiles and rockets hit "instantly" as the removes the need to track and move them over several turns while they fly to their target.

Similar Missions

1. Formatting custom cards
    By leadpusher in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 17:28
  2. Custom counters?
    By ff151 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 22:43
  3. Custom Cards?
    By rapier1642 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 16