Ares Games

Thread: What's the problem???

Default What's the problem???

As a relative newby to WOG and this forum can someone please explain just what the problem is with the supply to retailers of everything connected with WOG from Ares games ??? In addition the supply of items such as additional flight bases, pegs, decals etc ? Having scoured the forum it seems to be an ongoing problem.
    Mind you on a positive note ..... I have acquired and am currently working on some 'Red Eagle 1/144 miniatures' (Nice but heavy. I am looking at acquiring some Consec Engineering stands and Magnetic fittings for these) and, in addition, a load of Valom 1/144s. (struts weak and wing 5 colour lozenge decals rubbish, I have tracked down some great lozenge decals from Aviattic (ATT144008)... they go on beautifully!). I have really enjoyed researching squadron/Jasta aircrafts used, their markings and colour schemes. So in one way 'That's a positive!'.... Learning a lot!

I think Comsec went out of business a few years ago. I love their product and have a dozen or so bases and magnetic posts. If you find a source for them or if I am wrong please let us know.

Litko make bases and posts along with post toppers.

As you say, Ares stuff is never readily available although they have released balloons and Nieuports reprints recently.

Reduced Aircraft Factory makes colour printed planes on demand and they are very good too.

"I think Comsec went out of business a few years ago."
    Ha..... Story of my life!

The problem is the distributor can't get product from Ares. I know that Entoyment even contacted them direct and were told they had none to send out, though they seemed to be selling stuff direct to punters at the time. Something shook loose as Entoyment did get about forty models from various series recently, most of which have sold already by the looks of things.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Now he is back from Essen, I will see if I can get any answers from Roberto regarding stock issues.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

The root of the problem is Ares' supply-chain bandwidth and cash flows. They're trying to do Big Company stuff while staying a Small Company, and they can only AFFORD to produce so much when they have a very small Market Cap and run as a five-man band.

I've TRIED to get them to look into improving their capitalization by offering a very limited number of shares via something like OneShare where us who want to chip in could buy a single share of the company's stock each--enough to give them some more breathing room to finance development and production but not so many shares transferred as to threaten the current leadership's control of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    The root of the problem is Ares' supply-chain bandwidth and cash flows. They're trying to do Big Company stuff while staying a Small Company, and they can only AFFORD to produce so much when they have a very small Market Cap and run as a five-man band.

I've TRIED to get them to look into improving their capitalization by offering a very limited number of shares via something like OneShare where us who want to chip in could buy a single share of the company's stock each--enough to give them some more breathing room to finance development and production but not so many shares transferred as to threaten the current leadership's control of the company.
    Interesting idea. That might be a solution.

However, as a company, would they want investors for a small portion of their total product line attempting to influence their production focus?

Can't see that being a good thing for them.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

That's why I say only releasing a minority share--no more than 30-40%, limiting it to ONE share per customer and letting their entire customer base between Board, RPG and Minis have the chance to buy in.

Interesting idea

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

That's why I say only releasing a minority share--no more than 30-40%, limiting it to ONE share per customer and letting their entire customer base between Board, RPG and Minis have the chance to buy in.
    Good idea!...... Great way to raise funds and therefor increase production ..... But would they be interested?

one thing the could do that would essentially be a money printing endeavor is to license on demand printing of maneuver decks with some printer used to printing game materials. there are so many hobbyists adapting models and minis to the game always on the hunt for decks or printing their own for personal use. why not tap into that market and make money with officially sanctioned product?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    ....... Valom 1/144s. (struts weak and wing 5 colour lozenge decals rubbish, I have tracked down some great lozenge decals from Aviattic (ATT144008)... they go on beautifully!).
    Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your 'Valoms' - I have never borked even a single one of the multitude of 'Valom' lozenge decals I have applied, and have only ever had one single PE strut break!
    I've heard good things about 'Aviattik' but have never acquired any.

As for the lack of stock for sale, I know a guy who might be able to help out...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your 'Valoms' - I have never borked even a single one of the multitude of 'Valom' lozenge decals I have applied, and have only ever had one single PE strut break!
    I've heard good things about 'Aviattik' but have never acquired any.

As for the lack of stock for sale, I know a guy who might be able to help out...
    To be honest Tim it's probably just me. I find the lozenge decals 'heavy' .... they sit on rather than blend into the contours of the wing. More practice required... same with the struts.

To be honest Tim it's probably just me. I find the lozenge decals 'heavy' .... they sit on rather than blend into the contours of the wing. More practice required... same with the struts.
    There are two good products that solve decal issues, Micro-set and Micro-sol. The Micro-sol applied over the decal, after it is in place on the model, softens the decal so it conforms to the shape of the model part. I use both these products.

Valom PE parts.....my only problem has been with the Fokker E-III model; the piece that is to be bent and glued to the top of the fuselage breaks easily at the bend. For my next E-III build I will apply a bit of varnish to the bend before bending the part.

Speaking of varnish, this stuff (Vallejo) is execellent for adhering tiny PE parts such as the E-III foot stirrups.

Larry
    Thanks for that. I shall track down Micro-sol and set.

To be honest, the Valom decals have always been a problem for me. They often take take an age to slide off the backing and when they do they are often brittle and break up around the edges, even when using Microsol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hu Rhu View Post
    To be honest, the Valom decals have always been a problem for me. They often take take an age to slide off the backing and when they do they are often brittle and break up around the edges, even when using Microsol.
    Sorry to hear that - I've not had that problem; must be lucky, I guess!

I've been using Microsol and Microset for a couple of years now - brilliant stuff! Recommended to all.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Sorry to hear that - I've not had that problem; must be lucky, I guess!

I've been using Microsol and Microset for a couple of years now - brilliant stuff! Recommended to all.
    Having now tried both ….. You are right, they make a massive difference!

Similar Missions

1. At Least We'll Never Have This Problem...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 18:49
  2. My name is... I have a problem
    By TGalante in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 12:52
  3. problem
    By grumpybear in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 08:32
  4. I think I have a problem!!!!