Ares Games

Thread: Series 2 Rolands not released...

Default Series 2 Rolands not released...

It appears that there was a last minute problem with the Roland C.II minis and they are not being released at the same time as the rest of Series 2. For those of you who placed orders from the AA store that include the Rolands, I would like to get feedback from you on how these orders should be handled. I my initial thoughts on possible options for you guys to think about. I also encourage you to post any options you might come up with as well.

Option 1
    Treat this like any other pre-order delay and ship the entire order when everything arrives (standard AA policy).

Option 2
    Allow each customer to decide if they want to have their order split into two shipments. If you opted to split your shipment, there would be a fee of $5. This fee would be to cover the cost of the extra postage (two packages cost more then one, even if both are smaller/lighter than the original one) and supplies.

Option 2 does create additional issues on the Complete Series 2 orders. Since it was just one product in my store, there is not easy way to break it apart. I can make a spreadsheet to track who still needs what, but there would be no way for the customer to track this... plus it would all be done while I'm traveling overseas by my wife.

So some things to think about and please, give me your thoughts as well.

Thank you,

Keith

Boepp

Do you know how long the delay for the Rolands will be?

Keith,
    Whatever is easier for you. I don't want to wait, but who says Canada Post will get them to me in a week. Otherwise, I'm good until November.

I'll take whatever comes, when I get it.

All the best on your trip. Hope the weather is awesome. You have to post pictures (like you won't).
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I've got to go with Option 1, Keith.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Boepp View Post
    Do you know how long the delay for the Rolands will be?
    Bjoern, I'm being told that they should arrive at the warehouse around the middle of August, so not that much later really.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jonathan
    Sorties Flown

We have waited this long, what is another two weeks? Send them when they come, thank you very much/

Boepp

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Bjoern, I'm being told that they should arrive at the warehouse around the middle of August, so not that much later really.
    Okay thanks for the reply. I am fine with getting all planes when the Rolands are available. Just wanted to know what the time frame was :-)

Do we know what the problem is, please?

I take option 1, I'll wait!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Martin
    Sorties Flown

I'm happy to wait a couple of weeks for the complete order, given the additional international postage costs. Thanks for the heads up on the delay.

gothic

Default I am happy to wait as I have the origonal series 2 models.What ever makes life easier

It appears that there was a last minute problem with the Roland C.II minis and they are not being released at the same time as the rest of Series 2. For those of you who placed orders from the AA store that include the Rolands, I would like to get feedback from you on how these orders should be handled. I my initial thoughts on possible options for you guys to think about. I also encourage you to post any options you might come up with as well.

Option 1
    Treat this like any other pre-order delay and ship the entire order when everything arrives (standard AA policy).

Option 2
    Allow each customer to decide if they want to have their order split into two shipments. If you opted to split your shipment, there would be a fee of $5. This fee would be to cover the cost of the extra postage (two packages cost more then one, even if both are smaller/lighter than the original one) and supplies.

Option 2 does create additional issues on the Complete Series 2 orders. Since it was just one product in my store, there is not easy way to break it apart. I can make a spreadsheet to track who still needs what, but there would be no way for the customer to track this... plus it would all be done while I'm traveling overseas by my wife.

Thank you,

Keith

I'm skipping the Rolands anyway. The schemes are boring, and the three I have already are plenty for my uses.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the heads up, very happy to wait for the whole kit and caboodle.

Cheers,

Carl.

Default I go for option one, ship the order when the Rolands arrive .Have a great vacation

Option 1

Option 2

Thank you,

Keith

Same here: option 1 and don't worry about it! Have a pleasant vacation in Prague.

Option 1 for me also

Option 1 for me Keith, I've waited this long, a bit longer is no problem, thanks for keeping us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I'm skipping the Rolands anyway. The schemes are boring, and the three I have already are plenty for my uses.
    I have to admit that as nice (and good) the Rolands are, I have to agree with greenalfonze.

FYI, they were on sale at Gen Con last week.

Quote Originally Posted by von Fustercluck View Post
    FYI, they were on sale at Gen Con last week.
    Well that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chum View Post
    Well that's interesting.
    They normally express ship some in for the cons... means ours are not too far behind.

Looks like Ares Games has the Rolands listed on the Upcoming & Available list with a street date of September 8th.
    http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Users Country Flag

Name
    Martin
    Sorties Flown

Any confirmed news on when we can expect these?

Martin, IGUK newsletter yesterday said the new Roland's were in stock, price Ł15.99

looks like someone on ebay has them, high price for fresh releases though!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Glo...-/400769106963

Just received my pre-order in the mail along with the one Roland that I ordered. I purchased the C.IIA (FFA 292B)....the green and brown one.

Looks like Miniature Market still has them on pre-order but Cool Stuff has them listed in stock.

Mine just shipped from 12-7.

the store should be receiving them tue. cant wait!

The Rolands landed at the Aerodrome late last night. They will be refueled and taking off for their home fields later this afternoon.

The Rolands landed at the Aerodrome late last night. They will be refueled and taking off for their home fields later this afternoon.
    Good news Herr Oberst!!

Even though I have not been able to fly any missions for almost a year (sad state of affairs!!), AND the set is a reprint, new planes inbound is cause for celebration!

Cheers,

Carl.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jonathan
    Sorties Flown

Breaths a deep, deep sigh of relief...

Friday I got my series 2 with the Rolands, everything is ok

Thanks Keith!!!!!

Similar Missions

1. WGF Wingnut Wings have released their 1/32 Fokker D.VII
    By Biggles downunder in forum Hobby Room