Ares Games

Thread: Whats with Wingmen?

Default Whats with Wingmen?

I've been hearing a lot of talk about wingmen recently. ????? What do they do? How do you get one? And my most important question: Can you have a squadron?; because if you can, I want one!!! I hope I can learn more about wingmen through this thread.

Please reply,
    Hunter

Do you mean. like, being someone's wingman at the Aerodrome here? Because Flying Officer Kyte very kindly invited me to be his wingman a few weeks ago (an offer which I was very happy to accept) but now I'm fretting about being lax in my responsibilities (if I have any and of which I know nothing if I do). Can anyone enlighten me... us? I didn't like to ask Kyte because it seemed rude. Also, when I joined the 'Drome I accidentally joined the WW1 British player group and created a Great Britain flight which I didn't mean to do either and feel slightly sheepish about (being a new bloke and all). It seems too 'pushy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero825 View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of talk about wingmen recently. ????? What do they do? How do you get one? And my most important question: Can you have a squadron?; because if you can, I want one!!! I hope I can learn more about wingmen through this thread.

Please reply,
    Hunter
    Hunter, to quote the Colonel in answer to a similar thread:

"The wingman system is just a way to keep in easier contact with other members on the site... sort of saying to everyone that you are friends. "

How do you get one? Find who you are after in the Members List, click on their user name, then on the right-hand side you will see a list of wingmen. Underneath that a box saying "Make XXX a Wingman" Click on that, tick the checkbox and then hit 'Yes'. Simples.

What do they do? In the case of my esteemed wingman F.O. Kyte, their main purpose in life seems to be to warm the bar stools and buy their wingmen drinks.

Despite not being sure about wingmen, you still seem to have managed to get one already. Allow me to double that number. I've sent you (and Tom) a wingman request.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thank you Steve for both the info and the wingman offer. Very happy to accept. Cheers.

You guys happen to belong to the best squadron going, as wingmen you have no duties at all. The Flight Leaders have some from time to time, but mostly they just drink in the bar!

Tom, do you not want to be in the Britsh WWI group? That tis only used to control the background image behind your avatar area.

I'm more than happy to be in the Brit WW1 group Colonel. It's just that, not realising what it actually was, I supposed I should have been invited and not just barged in willy nilly as I did (as it were). Thank you for asking.

Er, if I drink enough can I be a flight leader one day too when I grow up? (Or does growing up disqualify you from the post?)

Nah, everyone one is welcome in whatever group they want... it really just controls the background art behind the avatars and the ranks.

Flight leads are picked for each country, most only having one. If there are a lot of members from a country, like the US and the UK, there could be more. These fine pilots (or drinkers as some my think) are invited to be FL's based on their contributions (not monitory here at the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cundall View Post
    I didn't like to ask Kyte because it seemed rude.

Don't be shy, Kytey needs all the friends he can get
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. Whats a good way to get a balanced game?
    By bravofour in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 00:38