Ares Games
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wings of War series 5 miniatures

Originaly, I thought I wouldn't like these early planes, but those new picks got me hooked!

Arrival in march, april? later?

The official release date is "When they come out"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Yep, and when there *is* an official release date, the reality will still be "when they come out"....

still waiting...

My money is on; "you'll be lucky if they come out this side of xmas"

Ah but which Xmas

It's probably on the "Blizzard Entertainment Calendar", which means take your Worst-Case Scenario estimate short of "CANCEL" and triple it... (think StarCraft II development timeline)

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    The official release date is "When they come out"
    LOL!! Isn't that too true...my money is that they'll be out before the DoW 3 series...March ' ish of '11

I could really use those early planes for the first scenario I have worked up for our big game on Saturday. Alas... we'll just have to use the cards.

I have already seen the miniatures of the prototypes of the Caproni Ca3 and of the Gotha
    Paolo

Now I really would like to know when the Caproni & Gotha are coming out - but I have a feeling I already know the answer LOL

Default Caproni e Gotha

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz68 View Post
    Now I really would like to know when the Caproni & Gotha are coming out - but I have a feeling I already know the answer LOL
    I think you is right

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jody
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Oh yes indeedy!! I want Series 5 [and I only picked up the deluxe edition today!] BUT I must also say something I've said before ... bring on the Brisfits!!!
    hey! what did u get in the deluxe edition?

Just added the preview artwork for the DH.2 to the first post.

Looking good! But I still may buy a Reviresco.

Getting Series 5 reminds me of a song..." one Day over the rainbow ..........."

Per Andrea on BGG today 2/9/11; "Deadlines have been published today at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wow_nexus/ by Domskeleton, quoting the WoW official site:
    http://www.wingsofwar.it
    June for the bombers, and after that the Series 5." here's the link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/.../skytrex-gotha

So...looks like sometime after June 2011...but no bets on that! ;-0

I reckon if you put aside the money for a set of Series V models in a decent bank account, the intrest accrued before they are released would pay for a Gotha

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I reckon if you put aside the money for a set of Series V models in a decent bank account, the intrest accrued before they are released would pay for a Gotha
    LOL!!! David, you make a great point...add in putting aside a few pennies for the boosters, and DoW sets coming out and you might be able to purchase a REAL Gotha...museum quality (or at least the fuel to run it) ;-)

Stop thinking small... a Staaken, if you invested right (and that's still going with "conservative" investments)! Or even a fully functional reconstruction of L59...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mark Duncan
    Sorties Flown

Wish they could get them out faster and I wholeheartedly agree with making McCudden's plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Just added the preview artwork for the DH.2 to the first post.
    Keith,
    Thanks for the updated pics...the Airco DH-2 might become my favorite...great field of fire there!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Bear in mind DH2 pilots did know it not altogether affectionately as the Spinning Incinerator.... . Against Eindekkers it was pretty lethal, but after that it was rather badly outclassed. Fun looking thing though; pusher and booms does make for a quaint looking thing, and not so ungainly as the Fee.

I'm bumping this because I think that it's about time we see the rest of the artwork/schemes/pilots for the entire series! What's the hold up? Has there really been this little news since Feb.?

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I'm bumping this because I think that it's about time we see the rest of the artwork/schemes/pilots for the entire series! What's the hold up? Has there really been this little news since Feb.?
    Supposedly they're coming, now, in September. That's the rumor. But, we're past the bombers release of June...still no bombers. However, they keep stringing this along, how far back does this thread go? Right, I'll believe them when I see them out and on the shelves! No more BS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Supposedly they're coming, now, in September. That's the rumor. But, we're past the bombers release of June...still no bombers. However, they keep stringing this along, how far back does this thread go? Right, I'll believe them when I see them out and on the shelves! No more BS!!
    September?!? And yet not even any artwork for the halberstadt at all? I'm with you on believing it when I see it!

I going to get the complete set.

No, Series 5 is not supposed to be out in Sept. We currently have no set or probable release date for Series 5. The only new planes we are supposed to get before the end of the year are the Bombers. Series one reprint/new versions should be here in Sept.

Looking Good!! Now to start with earlier Waves. I got a lot of catching up to do. Wave 5? Right now I got 0 minis.

We don't even know there's gonna be a Series 5 this year with Nexus doin' the House Of Cards thing...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Gotta stay the course. Fingers crossed.

The early bird releases could prove to be the most popular series of all !
    I already have a card model Be2c available on here... Check out `Be2c Freebie !!!` entry #17 for the link
    I have an Fe2b, Halberstadt D2, RAF FE8, and three DH2`s and an eindecker, ready for their arrival....
    now back to waiting !

Ooops almost forgot the Gunbus !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0727.jpg  

You have a good collection there, Lee.

What's the small orange thingie in the middle?

okay a stupid question, are these planes still gonna be released to buy? right? and after reading I can guess not in the near future? so another question is there a good place to buy other models of these planes?
    bob

I would expect yes, assuming all the information is accurate, these will be released. Now when, that's an entirely different question. I would say delayed, and that's the best guess. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea when they might hit. As for minis from elsewhere, I believe Reviresco and Skytrex both carry them. I personally have no experience with either line, but many people here do.

thanks, I really love these planes, I buy them when ever I run across them. so if we do get new one GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by petitbilbo View Post
    What's the small orange thingie in the middle?

....from another angle...
    The scourge of the skies himself !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ****y.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by va beach ace View Post
    okay a stupid question, are these planes still gonna be released to buy? right? and after reading I can guess not in the near future? so another question is there a good place to buy other models of these planes?
    bob
    Here is a Skytrex DH2, they also do the Fokker EIII & Moraine

Reviresco also do a DH2 & EIII and a Halberstadt, not sure about the Moraine

Quote Originally Posted by batesyboy View Post
    ....from another angle...
    The scourge of the skies himself !
    Oh, where did you find him. I'm guessing a cereal box (I think I remember them being there back in the 60s).
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Oh, where did you find him. I'm guessing a cereal box (I think I remember them being there back in the 60s).
    Karl
    It`s an original card model by yours truely !
    I never got round to building Muttley`s bus....but you never know !

Quote Originally Posted by batesyboy View Post
    It`s an original card model by yours truely !
    I never got round to building Muttley`s bus....but you never know !
    I don't suppose you have it on file, and might want to share?
    Be interesting to come up with stats. esp since they didn't use MGs (if I remember the cartoon right). Or at least not much of the time.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Karl I think they used just about everything including MG's trying to stop that pigeon.
    The stats for tennis raquetts and nets will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by macka321 View Post
    Karl I think they used just about everything including MG's trying to stop that pigeon.
    The stats for tennis raquetts and nets will be interesting.
    Anvils are traditional for Warner and Hanabarbera (sic) both.
    Klunk and his gadgets
    Karl

Smk Me A Kipper

Any news on the release of series 5?

I have changed my Avatar to express a vote of support for this release just in case anyone with any say in the matter happens to read the thread.

Yeah I'd like to buy one or two...

Dozen!

stop that pigeon stop that pigeon now.................

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mark
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Smk Me A Kipper View Post
    Any news on the release of series 5?

I have changed my Avatar to express a vote of support for this release just in case anyone with any say in the matter happens to read the thread.
    Bravo Kipper - I like the cut of your cloth!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Welcome to the Wings of War Aerodrome
    By zMaint in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 01:41
  2. The complete WWI Wings of War series - Detailed
    By Desaix in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 16:10
  3. Series 1 Miniatures Question
    By Walahalla in forum WGF: Rules Help