Ares Games

Thread: I am Back

Default I am Back

Ello

I am back on this site and getting back Wings of Glory (war) well actually I am heading into Dawn of War and in the 1/144th scale.

My son is older and keen to learn to play.

hope to catch up with old friends from here.

GreyWolf

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Ello

I am back on this site and getting back Wings of Glory (war) well actually I am heading into Dawn of War and in the 1/144th scale.

My son is older and keen to learn to play.

hope to catch up with old friends from here.

GreyWolf
    About time there were more Kiwi's at the Front.
    Welcome Back mate.

Welcome back, Alan.

A warm welcome from North England Squadron.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thx for the warm welcome.

My main issue is finding manuever decks for the Stuka and IL2 also the other bits and pieces I need to play.
    Can't find anything here in NZ selling the the WWII version,

Any one know where I can get these ?

GW

thx Chris.

I think i may have found a local game store who can get me in the WW2 box set [no planes] for $45.90NZD all i would need is to get in some bases for the Stuka and IL 2.
    Can any one tell where I can find flying bases for these two planes? i need one for the Stuka dive Bomber and one for the Stuka Tank hunter. And then 2 IL 2's.

Cheers
    Alan
    Last edited by Greywolf; 07-19-2014 at 21:23.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    thx Chris.

I think i may have found a local game store who can get me in the WW2 box set [no planes] for $45.90NZD all i would need is to get in some bases for the Stuka and IL 2.
    Can any one tell where I can find flying bases for these two planes? i need one for the Stuka dive Bomber and one for the Stuka Tank hunter. And then 2 IL 2's.

Cheers
    Alan
    Hi Alan! Mate try Keith's Aerodrome Store here on the forum & you might find something to suit otherwise try LITKO for a range of bases.

I saw the Stuka ones on the Areodrome section but what can I use for the IL 2's?

I am waiting to hear back from the local gaming store (if you can call a 45 minute drive to get there local) to see when he orders my box set if he can also get in the bases as well.

Letting me know tomorrow if he can't will look at the AA or Litko options.

Alan

Good to have you back on the Drome Alan.
    Also that you have embraced the Dark Side.
    They turned me about 18 months ago.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

It was on my to do list.
    I played wings of war WWI way back in the day. But found some spare planes left over from another project and thought why the hell not.

Are there any good scenarios I could use for the eastern front?

Alan

Welcome back to the site Alan. I'm pretty sure that the IL 2 uses just a standard two-seater card/base. You can find those in the WGF section on the AA site. The Scout and Two Seater bases are interchangeable between wars. In fact, unless the base is named for a plane, they can be used in both wars and even for other aircraft.

Could i use the stuka base for the IL 2?

I don't have the Il 2 card handy, but I'm pretty sure it uses the standard two seater base while the Stuka has its own base. The rear firing arcs are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I don't have the Il 2 card handy, but I'm pretty sure it uses the standard two seater base while the Stuka has its own base. The rear firing arcs are different.
    Sweet thx for that.
    Is there any difference between the dive bomber stuka and the tank hunter stuka bases?

Similar Missions

1. WELCOME BACK
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 17:33
  2. They're back
    By johnandtricia in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 21:10
  3. I'm back!
    By Roger Wilco in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7