Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1923-1953 Request Thread

Wiki says the Dutch used them as fighters
    Could also be useful in some pre-war what-ifs
    Search as the Northrop A-17.
    There are stats in the unofficial file too
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Wiki says the Dutch used them as fighters
    Could also be useful in some pre-war what-ifs
    Search as the Northrop A-17.
    There are stats in the unofficial file too
    Karl
    Hi Karl,
    you're right, the Dutch used them as fighters ... that's why i wrote "After the day of the invasion by the Germans (May 10th 1940) none of them were operational ..."
    THere were other reasons as well, but the main reason ... you mentioned it ...
    cheers.
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    good evening chaps,

i'd like to put in a request for a Douglas DB-8A/3N.
    That's the plane the Dutch Airforce in May 1940 also used. To no avail I'm sorry to say.
    After the day of the invasion by the Germans (May 10th 1940) none of them were operational ...

Stil I would like have a few of them in my Dutch Army Airforce, preferably in FUD ...
    Any takers ?
    Cheers,
    Guus
    I started on this last night, as I couldn't sleep.
    Possibly could be finished today as I have to stay in for deliveries. Oh the tedium.

As for the Vultee, I had completly forgotten I was going to look at that. So I'll have a think soon on that. Sorry Daryl.

Hi Steve,
    you are amazing definitely REP-worthy !
    THANK you very much, i'll order 4 in FUD asap

cheers,
    Guus

btw do you also do vehicles ? in 1/100 scale for Flames of War ?
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Hi Steve,
    you are amazing definitely REP-worthy !

cheers,
    Guus

btw do you also do vehicles ? in 1/100 scale for Flames of War ?
    Thank you again, and I've been thinking on 1:100 for FoW and 1:144 for both that and the WGS players that do it in that scale.
    If you have anything you want done, just drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Remember to look for the FUD multipacks in the description!

Steve, to misquote the old TV tobacco moment, any chance of a Condor moment?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Steve, to misquote the old TV tobacco moment, any chance of a Condor moment?
    Is that a Curtiss AT-32 Condor or a Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor?

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    I started on this last night, as I couldn't sleep.
    Possibly could be finished today as I have to stay in for deliveries. Oh the tedium.

As for the Vultee, I had completly forgotten I was going to look at that. So I'll have a think soon on that. Sorry Daryl.
    No problem, Steve. Your designs are good enough to wait a little while for--especially when I have a sizable backlog of them to get painted .

Remember to look for the FUD multipacks in the description!
    Hi Steve, sorry to bother you again, the link to the multipacks don't work ? I just can select FUD on the right side of the menu, giving me 1 FUD plane @ €16,72.
    When i try the links below for the multipacks i get a message
    "Oops! We can't find the page you're looking for.
    Maybe you misspelled the address, or followed an outdated link.
    How about going back to the homepage?
    Or, discover gifts and products designed by our community."

I'm I doing something wrong ?
    btw I hope you enjoyed our dinner
    cheers.
    Guus

Very odd, they are working for me.
    It maybe where I've hidden them, so the short link won't work for others.
    You have become my guinea-pig.
    Try this link:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/JW...i=shareProduct

I've unhidden the 4 pack for the moment, and I'll look in to this in the morning.
    It makes things a bit awkward.

Morning Steve,
    OK, just ordered 4 in FUD, the link you provided works, but the other hidden "thingies" have gone, so now you have just this option.
    Anyway, delivery (according to Shapeways) should be 9 or 10th of Feb. I'm really looking forward to them, Thanks !

cheers,
    Guus

Morning Steve,
    OK, just ordered 4 in FUD, the link you provided works, but the other hidden "thingies" have gone, so now you have just this option.
    Anyway, delivery (according to Shapeways) should be 9 or 10th of Feb. I'm really looking forward to them, Thanks !

cheers,
    Guus
    You're welcome, and thank you.
    I actually found a solution to the issue last night. I'm using the wrong links for the hidden pages.
    I just needed to sleep. I'll fix the ones I've done so far over the weekend.

Hi Steve,
    this morning Shapeways informed me that the Douglas DB-8A/3N can not be printed.
    The message:
    Thank you for placing an order with Shapeways. Unfortunately, we are unable to 3D print Douglas Model 8A-3/8A-4 (Northrop A-17A) x4 from order 1626216.
    Given the nature of 3D printing, every now and then we catch designs that are too fragile to create in certain materials. Please consider that each and every design seen on Shapeways was uploaded by an individual designer. These were not designed by Shapeways. Though we do our best to identify issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process.
    Your refund of €57.22 has been initiated and will post in 3-7 business days.
    Let's get this product printing!
    The designer of this product has been notified that this design cannot be printed in its current form.
    You can contact the designer directly to confirm that an updated version of the design has been uploaded and you may reorder. Each time you order a product from Shapeways always know you are supporting a local artist, designer, or inventor from around the world.

Now what ?
    cheers,
    Guus

Hi Steve,
    this morning Shapeways informed me that the Douglas DB-8A/3N can not be printed.
    The message:
    Thank you for placing an order with Shapeways. Unfortunately, we are unable to 3D print Douglas Model 8A-3/8A-4 (Northrop A-17A) x4 from order 1626216.
    Given the nature of 3D printing, every now and then we catch designs that are too fragile to create in certain materials. Please consider that each and every design seen on Shapeways was uploaded by an individual designer. These were not designed by Shapeways. Though we do our best to identify issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process.
    Your refund of €57.22 has been initiated and will post in 3-7 business days.
    Let's get this product printing!
    The designer of this product has been notified that this design cannot be printed in its current form.
    You can contact the designer directly to confirm that an updated version of the design has been uploaded and you may reorder. Each time you order a product from Shapeways always know you are supporting a local artist, designer, or inventor from around the world.

Now what ?
    cheers,
    Guus
    Sorry about that, a couple of thin bits my checking and Shapeways automatic bits didn't catch.
    I've updated the models with fixes, so all going well they should print from now onwards.

Steve

Right Steve,
    I reordered 4 in FUD.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks for your speed in updating the models.
    Cheers,
    Guus

Right Steve,
    I reordered 4 in FUD.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks for your speed in updating the models.
    Cheers,
    Guus
    All looking good. Apparently they have been shipped. Enjoy

Hi Steve,
    the planes arrived yesterday afternoon.
    They look good , let's hope they still look good once i have put a brush to them
    I just need to finish two Fokker T.V's and two Fokker G.1's and then those Douglasses, patience please ...
    cheers,
    Guus

Looking for a Dornier Do.335; the only one now on SWs is the 2 seater trainer.
    While I'm looking for 1/200, I have a friend who plays CY6! in 1/144.
    He's also looking for a Vought F7U Cutlass and a Douglas F4D Skyray, also in 1/144.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Looking for a Dornier Do.335; the only one now on SWs is the 2 seater trainer.
    While I'm looking for 1/200, I have a friend who plays CY6! in 1/144.
    He's also looking for a Vought F7U Cutlass and a Douglas F4D Skyray, also in 1/144.
    Karl
    Your wish is my command(ish)*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	710x528_18332496_10783204_1491306004.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	220402
    Dornier Do.335 'Pfeil'

Name:	710x528_18332267_10782881_1491303780.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	220395
    Dornier Do.335 'Pfeil' (with cannons)

*See Terms & Conditions

Now we're talking (Even if the FUD price is a bit )
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Now we're talking (Even if the FUD price is a bit )
    Yep, sorry about the price over here
    You can blame whatever reason the pound is weak currently

Ahhh that's nice. Thank you. Next order for sure

Any chance of an upgrade to 1/144 scale for my friend?

Karl

Ahhh that's nice. Thank you. Next order for sure

Any chance of an upgrade to 1/144 scale for my friend?

Karl
    I was going to get to the 1:144 bits in a few days.

Steve

I was going to get to the 1:144 bits in a few days.

Steve
    All good; sorry to be jumpy
    Karl

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

So I have a few odd requests to throw into a request pool. I am running an RPG using Crimson Skies fluff but with real world designs. So I using some of the more experimental designs to keep it diesel-punk.

The Italian Ambrosini SS.4, the Canadian Car & Foundry FDB-1, and the Ouest SO. 8000 in 1/200.

Also I remember on shapesways they had 1/200 P-26s and XP-55 but those seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know if the prints failed and they are being redesigned or what?

Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Ninja View Post
    So I have a few odd requests to throw into a request pool. I am running an RPG using Crimson Skies fluff but with real world designs. So I using some of the more experimental designs to keep it diesel-punk.

The Italian Ambrosini SS.4, the Canadian Car & Foundry FDB-1, and the Ouest SO. 8000 in 1/200.

Also I remember on shapesways they had 1/200 P-26s and XP-55 but those seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know if the prints failed and they are being redesigned or what?

Please and thank you.
    I'll add all those to my list. I've done a XP-55, but only in 1:285. I'll dig the model out and see if I can rescale it to 1:200.

Please and thank you.
    Zoe Brain gave me a Shapeways P-26 in 2013, which I finished in Spanish Republican colours, so I know the print was viable. Try searching under Boeing 281 as well.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ght=Boeing+281

Please and thank you.
    Hi Lucas, found the 1/200 P-26s - https://www.shapeways.com/product/HX...tionId=7164619

Please and thank you.
    Tiny Thingamajigs still has a 1/200 P-26 available: https://www.shapeways.com/product/P8...tionId=7164593 . Kevin Hammond (Miscmini) sent the designer a picture of one painted in Philippine colors a couple years ago, so the print should work.
    Last edited by DarrylH; 10-04-2017 at 01:06.

Don't forget to check out the Shapeways lists "Here" I put together to save you from searching all the designers.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 04-11-2017 at 05:15.

P-26 x 2
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/P8...tionId=7164593

P-26 x 4
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/HX...tionId=7164619

Other amounts
    https://www.shapeways.com/shops/tiny...e+Aircraft&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Don't forget to check out the Shapeways lists I put together to save you from searching all the designers.
    An invaluable resource, that!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

My Search-Fu was off the day I looked, I thought I was going crazy because I could no longer find them!

My Search-Fu was off the day I looked, I thought I was going crazy because I could no longer find them!
    One night of insomnia later...

Name:	625x465_18405458_10825215_1491855706.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	220969
    SNCASO (Sud-Ouest) SO.8000 'Narval'

Also I had done the XP-55, but for some reason never uploaded the 1:200 version. I must have been procrstinating/distracted/me that day...

Name:	710x528_18411163_10827814_1491904843.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	220968
    Curtiss-Wright XP-55 'Ascender'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. General 1903-1922 Request Thread
    By DarrylH in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 05-09-2019, 08:55