Ares Games

Thread: In the near future...

Default In the near future...

From the grape vine... the O/400 together with the Zeppelin Staaken has finished prototyping and will be released soon, in the next WW1 release. Nieuport 11, together with Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter, are in the next series of fighters and two-seaters, soon afterward.

Thanks Peter.
    That is good news and should raise the spirits no end.
    Talking of spirits.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good news for the WWI folks. Hope they can do more for the WWII folks that are waiting for those planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter, are in the next series of fighters and two-seaters, soon afterward.
    TO quote the Indian Chief from _Hot Shots!_: "It's about [CENSORED]ing time."

thanks for that!!! ever since flying the mighty staaken at origins this year ive been looking into getting a kit for a project but so far, it looks like it would be beyond my meager resources. i eagerly await both these giants!
    Last edited by milcoll73; 07-04-2014 at 15:37.

The bombers will be really big models but it is good news.

They are very fun to fly and defend, but take a LOT of room to manouver. I once flew 3 Ca 4's in formation - a bit too tight of a formation at that!

Sounds good to me, I'll plan on picking up at least one of each

LOOP

Pardon an ignorant man from Sweden......

But are these realeses official ares releases?

I am confused too Ares, Shapeways or something another?

I think Peter is talking about Ares releases. I may, of course, be wrong. Looking forward to these, though I am very happy with my N11 in FUD from Shapeways( not so much the WSF model). But the N11 maneuver decks will be most welcomed. Have not yet played a scen with a big bomber, so these will be nice, and hopefully fun. As an aside Peter, any rumors on where the series 3 reprint would show up in that schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    They are very fun to fly and defend, but take a LOT of room to manouver. I once flew 3 Ca 4's in formation - a bit too tight of a formation at that!
    you arent joking there as i learned at origins. at the critical way point to turn to port i took damage with a no turn to port restriction. aaaarrrghhhhhh!!!!! i faced the choice of either continuing straight and flying into a balloon or turning starboard and circling back around. i chose the latter (barely missing the balloon) and made it about 55% of the way back around before the scenario ran out of time. i felt like a semi trailer trying to turn around in a small parking lot lol .

This is ARES, as the line is from the Yahoo WoG group, quoted from the man himself. I have heard nothing about series 3 reprints yet.

Bloody good news! The only thing is how to store them together with other minis and "minis"

Any news about German baloons?

This is ARES, as the line is from the Yahoo WoG group, quoted from the man himself. I have heard nothing about series 3 reprints yet.
    Very good news indeed. I will have to make plans for more hanger space.

I have heard nothing about series 3 reprints yet.
    Thank you Peter

Similar Missions

1. The Future of Skytrex
    By Kaiser in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 01:51
  2. Any more bi-planes in the future?
    By CappyTom in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 02:53
  3. It is Officially the Future!
    By Tommy Z in forum Officer's Club