Ares Games

Thread: Attention SoG Players - Solo Rules and Solo Campaign

Default Attention SoG Players - Solo Rules and Solo Campaign

If you play SoG, stop by the Anchorage sometime. We are starting a mini-solo campaign this month as we play test our first set of basic solo rules. We will continue developing a second rule set which will add more rules and complexity, play testing it in a second mini-campaign from October to December. Starting 1 January, we will play a 12-month thematic campaign.

We will be completing the first set of solo rules during the next day or two, and will edit them as we play test. Any feedback from SoG players is welcome.

First Set of Solo Rules and First Mini-Campaign

Solo Campaign Development Discussion Thread

Solo Rule Development Discussion Thread
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Eric, don't do this to me I have held off SOG because their didn't seem to be any decent solo rules. I have my hands full with WGF and WGS!!!! Oh so tempted nooooooooo. I shall be watching very closely. Thanks for the info

Welcome to the New Dark Side, Trev (insert evil laugh and the rubbing of hands together).

As you watch from a safe distance, let us know if you have ideas for improvement. We kept this first set pretty basic. The next set will have more for those wanting greater depth.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

I must say a very big "Thank You" to all of the OTT Final Months organizers, rule writers, maneuver chart developers, and fellow players. Your work and spirit the past year plus has greatly impacted our SoG solo work and the spirit within which we are running our first campaign. You were great teachers and examples.

Here we go again chaps.
    At the moment I only have four liners six Frigates and a Sloop.
    No way I can get involved in multi ship actions with those.
    Rob/ Bligh.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob, we are limiting scenarios to six ships at most. Any more and it becomes too unwieldy for a single player to manage. I imagine most will be less than six. The scenarios should be generic enough the remainder of 2014 that players can use any ships without concern.

Guess I need to get my feet wet again. I've been AWOL from the Fleet for several months.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Dive Bomber & AA fire Solo Campaign Rules
    By Marechallannes in forum Midway Rising
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 10:48
  2. Pacific Solo Campaign Rules and ideas
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 09:04
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 16:09
  4. Solo Campaign Rules updated