Ares Games

Thread: Topside Minis----an appraisal.

Exclamation Topside Minis----an appraisal.

G'day All!
    I took advantage of Topside Minis offer of a free mini which I reckon is a great way to promote their product.

Anyway I find that the size of the Jap Destroyer they sent me is just about perfect to place under a War at Sea 3 D model.
    The ship image was 2 1/2 inches or 65mm.
    I feel there will be no need to mount the image on the thin wood base provided as the card is quite strong.
    I fully intend to order minis for all my US & Jap WW2 ships for use in WoG Pacific scenarios.

I must admit my Japanese destroyer freebie is good too. For those using A&A ships they'll be great.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I did check out their site so thanks for the review. They did look good.

That must save a lot of hassle for the WW2 Pacific boys to name but a few. Pity I'm in 1:1200 scale but I guess I could just Scan them in and do an enlargement.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Just put in to get my sample because of you guys. Seems the British ships are more WWI but that could get you into playing WWI ships. I often wondered why A&A didn't expand to that time frame. I have to find my AH Jutland game as I haven't played that in many years.

I just got my set - I ordered the Falklands set to get the WW1 ships. They are really good and I agree, they don't really need to be mounted on the supplied wooden bases (laser cut by the looks). Now, if they would add some WW1 subs...

Received my freebie and my Falklands set, the ships look really nice, bright and sharp.
    I do like the wood base , now need some WW1 naval rules, any pointers anyone.
    I personally think these will look good with the aircraft, maybe not as game pieces but as background

You might find these of use Chris.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=1390

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. WGF Trade Minis / Tausche Minis
    By dreckler in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 09:21
  2. Looking for minis
    By robert t in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 10:49
  3. AEF minis?
    By Volant Gun in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4