Ares Games

View Poll Results: How big is your current collection of planes for WoG, regardless of scale or source.

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 25: Just starting out; looks like a good game

86 29.25%
  • 25-49: Starting to get into this game; I think it’s a keeper.

43 14.63%
  • 50-99: That’s good, no more for me: wait, is that a new series release coming up!

64 21.77%
  • 100-199: I think I’m getting serious; Maybe make some room in storage.

57 19.39%
  • 200-299: Bad news: WoG anonymous sent me literature;

22 7.48%
  • 300-499: Hangers full; time to build a new aerodrome!

13 4.42%
  • 500-999: Serious storage problem here; good news: you’re ready for almost any scenario!

6 2.04%
  • 1000+: I guess I like this game!

3 1.02%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many miniatures do you own (Rebooted 2-JUN-14)

Default How many miniatures do you own (Rebooted 2-JUN-14)

I'm starting this poll over with brackets more in line with the current collections.
    Count all the planes and balloons that you play, or intend to play, WoG with, regardless of scale.
    Ares/Nexus, kits, Shapeways, F-toys el al.
    Let the counting begin!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Building collection, don't fly most due to not much time to play. Hoping to change that soon

My breakdown:
    WW1:
    Scouts: 219
    2-seaters: 97
    Bombers: 9
    Total: 328

WW2: Fighters: 159
    Heavy fighters: 8
    Dive bombers: 15
    Total: 191

plus 21 Crimson Sky clicks for a future game from Chris (csadn)'s rules.

Total: 540!

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    My breakdown:
    WW1:
    Scouts: 219
    2-seaters: 97
    Total: 328

WW2: Fighters: 159
    Heavy fighters: 8
    Dive bombers: 15
    Total: 191

plus 21 Crimson Sky clicks for a future game from Chris (csadn)'s rules.

Total: 540!

Karl
    I think you should have gone big...I mean BIG! This pole is going to be obsolete before it gets going.
    At Origins I will do a new count and then post.

Thomas

Karl, really? When are you going to get off the fence my friend and make a serious commitment to the Game? (says the guy with 41 minis)

I think I love this game.
    112 WW1
    170 WW2

Good call Karl.
    I have just updated.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

WGF WGS
    Starter Boxes Rev Deluxe 4/4 WWII Deluxe 4/4
    Ser 3 Starter 4/4
    Regular Series ---Series 1A 12/12, B 5/5 new releases
    ---Series 2A 12/12, **B 9/9 new releases
    ---Series 3 12/12
    ---Series 4 12/12
    ---Series 5 12/12
    ---Series 6 12/12
    ---Series 7 12/12
    ---*Series 8 _/12
    Series 1 12/12
    Series 2 12/12
    Series 3 8/8
    Series 4 12/12
    Series 5 12/12
    *Series 6 _/12
    Special Series Balloon Busters 4/4
    Bombers Series 1A 4/4, **B 2/2 new releases
    Bombers Series 1 4/4
    *Bombers Series 2 _/4
    TOTALS WGF 101 WGS 48
    Aggregated total 149

*Not yet available, placeholder listing for future release
    **On order or enroute, not counted in totals
    Last edited by Diamondback; 08-08-2014 at 09:20.

Really, Karl ... I don't know if I can count that high!

..Ok I'll go down to the basement to check, be back in a few days.

WWII : 99 aircraft

WWI : ...still counting!
    Last edited by Tommy Z; 06-10-2014 at 17:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Count all the planes and balloons that you play, or intend to playl
    Dang, guess that means I can't count the ones sitting on the AA shelves. lol

I will show this.thread to my SWMBO - she will see I am in a good period of this hobby now
    Said the man with 38 WGF and 26 WGS

"That’s good, no more for me: wait, is that a new series release coming up! "
    In additional to this definition i must say: "...Oh, the Prague Con is coming? I have an idea for the mission!"
    60 after the Prague Con 2014. Plus 8 tanks.

It's 31 now

Love the planes, love the game, and love the History

The trouble is that for me there are the planes I need for games and the spares (for those new to the game) and those I get just for the hell of having them. For example I recently got an Air 200 Avero Anson, when I am going to use that I do not know, but had to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    The trouble is that for me there are the planes I need for games and the spares (for those new to the game) and those I get just for the hell of having them. For example I recently got an Air 200 Avero Anson, when I am going to use that I do not know, but had to get one.
    I also have one.
    Coastal patrol.
    Anti-submarine.
    Lots of possibilities.

Can I count my X-Wing models in the total?

That could start off a whole new can of worms Doug.
    Especially as it says WoG at the top of the poll.
    Rob.

Ummm....... (heck I'll be polite)....no.

I have one of each plane plus a few spares plus some other models.

you can count em if i can count my battletech and dungeon and dragons minis.........

Or I my SIX THOUSAND War at Sea miniatures...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Or I my SIX THOUSAND War at Sea miniatures...
    Wow want to do some swaps or sales :

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Got too many if SWMBO finds out In truth to date about 140 wgf and wgs

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I voted but cannot disclose publicly since SWMBO may stumble upon this...

Lets just say I have almost enough planes to fill six cases, each of which holds 64 planes (though one case is devoted to large bombers only).

I gave all of my WGS planes away as I was running out of space, and made the decision to dedicate myself to WGF only.

Ok lets count, i must have some 100 minis...
    WWI: 1 2 3 4??
    Ok
    WWII: lets see... 10!?!?!?
    Im gonna kill myself!!!!!!

Less than 50, slowly growing. The group has over 200 in total, which is plenty! I tend to buy one each of the new planes for the Yanks, Belgians, Germans, and Austrians. I am staying away from the other powers as the rest of the group have them covered.

Just passed 70 with 4, 3 usable, aircraft from Shapeways. Still have 11+ on pre-order.

just tallied them up today and with whats in the pipeline;

ww1-35
    ww2-15

I'm in serious trouble!

I have 6 1/200 Nexus WW2 models.

The rest of my aircraft are in 1/144 scale, Nexus, Ares, F-Toys and various kits either plastic or resin, both WW1, WW2 and Korea.

Grand total in hand 297!

This does not include 3 Ares WW1 planes I just bought from Xen last night. which will round me out at exactly 300 on Wednesday after the post arrives.

I have still got Series 6 and 7 to complete and then there's a few new schemes from 2A and then Series 8 comes along.

I knew I had a couple of planes but I never counted them until this afternoon.

I'm just glad I haven't had to do a cost expenditure of the hobby. as there are more non aircraft kits and pieces I have bought or made for this game consisting of maps, ships, buildings and other terrain objects and features. Then there are all the storage containers that house the models, the shelves and cupboards, the wargames room/shed that houses it all................. the glue, tools and paint................ sitting on the workbench.....................

Just think, when I die, it will all be sold for a buck a piece at a garage sale by well meaning grand children.........

I also have
    56 X-Wing minis.
    32 Crimson Skies Clix and 12 Ral Partha planes for a later WoG conversion project
    32 1/144 F-Toys StarWars fighters part of a shelved WoW project when X-Wing came out.
    14 Titanium diecast Battlestar Galactica Colonial Vipers and Cylon Raiders for another WoG project
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 08-02-2014 at 00:38.

Count not the cost Trevor.
    Just ask yourself the question..........
    Has it enriched your life.
    Rob.

Don't get me wrong Rob, I love every single piece of my collection and my "realisation" comments in the above post are not from shame or surprise but are just tongue in cheek. No I can honestly say I am a proud ambassador to all out of control hoarders worldwide. LOL!

Its just funny when you know that at a glance that the collection is big, but to actually sit down and count it all to find out how big it really is is another thing and I have to say it is bigger than I thought it was. I also have a nagging feeling that there might actually be some more in a box I haven't counted yet...............

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    Don't get me wrong Rob, I love every single piece of my collection and my "realisation" comments in the above post are not from shame or surprise but are just tongue in cheek. No I can honestly say I am a proud ambassador to all out of control hoarders worldwide. LOL!

Its just funny when you know that at a glance that the collection is big, but to actually sit down and count it all to find out how big it really is is another thing and I have to say it is bigger than I thought it was. I also have a nagging feeling that there might actually be some more in a box I haven't counted yet...............
    Trevor, I know how you feel
    Karl

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

50 WW1. I have about 60 – 70 1/285 Raiden metal planes for WW2.

I've purposefully based my repainted collection around JGII from April 1918 to the end of the war to ensure I don't just start buying random planes. I will be adding a selection from the MFJ units but my next major purchases will be reprints of the SE5, the release of the Neiuport 28 and the Fokker DVIII.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Martin
    Sorties Flown

I'm now at 60 WGF all official models, just ordered 2 Valom Pups (being brave) to start filling some gaps! Its all happened quite rapidly, so I think I'm hooked!

Post #8 updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Cooled View Post
    Its all happened quite rapidly, so I think I'm hooked!
    I hear you Martin. Just started mid April and I'm up to 88 aircraft, with 5 Ares and 9 Shapeways "in the mail". How the heck did that happen, I could swear they're breeding in my storage box!
    Last edited by prymus; 08-08-2014 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    I here you Martin. Just started mid April and I'm up to 88 aircraft, with 5 Ares and 9 Shapeways "in the mail". How the heck did that happen, I could swear they're breeding in my storage box!
    i wish mine would breed in their storage bag thatd sure save me some money!!!!

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Well I THINK Im somewhere in the 200 -300 range at the moment but I kind of lost track a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    I hear you Martin. Just started mid April and I'm up to 88 aircraft, with 5 Ares and 9 Shapeways "in the mail". How the heck did that happen, I could swear they're breeding in my storage box!
    Congratulations on your splendid start William, but have you ever asked yourself the question "Am I really trying hard enough?"
    Just a little extra effort and you could be broke in another week.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Congratulations on your splendid start William, but have you ever asked yourself the question "Am I really trying hard enough?"
    Just a little extra effort and you could be broke in another week.
    Rob.
    Hehe, nice. I realize I've not really committed yet. I'm sorry. I'm just not sure I'll stick with the game. lol. Thanks Rob, trying to make a trip to the game store in a week or two, as soon as my loan paperwork is done. Told Phillip that I'd be rich if it weren't for being a wargamer. I'm sure many here would agree.

This is the advantage of having caught most of the originals on first release... original D.VII's were still a right nasty bugger to run down, though.

323 WW1 and 97 WW2, not counting a dozen minicraft B17s in transit or the latest WW1 releases. Quite addictive this game innit?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    323 WW1 and 97 WW2, not counting a dozen minicraft B17s in transit or the latest WW1 releases. Quite addictive this game innit?
    A dozen B-17?! A dozen?!

What? A squadron was usually 18... His dozen's just two box formations' worth.

That's what I meant Razorback! That's what I meant...

HEY! I take offense at that... a Razorback is a PIG, a Diamondback is a rattlesnake.

Ops!! Sorry, Diamondrazor... I meant no disrespect.

Have razors on the brain today, do you? Or is this just getting too excited about the no-release-date "Flying Razor" in WGF Series 8 and P-47 in the next WGS set?

Sorry again, Restricted Diamond... But a dozen B-17's do that to my brain... I have 2 of those and counting nickels to buy the two more that Ares will provide... And of course waiting for the Razorbacks that will come. Unrestricted, I hope.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. How many miniatures do you own?
    By Goering Ace in forum Polls
    Replies: 781
    Last Post: 10-25-2022, 12:44
  2. WGF WW2 miniatures for trade to get WW1 miniatures I'm missing
    By ldsdbomber in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 04:43
  3. Series 2 miniatures
    By trumpetman52 in forum WGS: General Discussions