Ares Games

Thread: Flypast mag does WW1

Default Flypast mag does WW1

July's Flypast magazine has a whole bunch of articles on WW1 in what they call a centenary tribute. I would post a few pics, but after upgrading my operating system my computer now refuses to talk to my scanner or printers...

We have a 4-page article entitled 'Warfare on the wing' with pics of original and repro aircraft; profiles of 6 fighters (Avro 504, SE5a, Nieuport 28, E.II, Dr.I and Albatros D.VA), 6 bomber profiles (0/400, BE2c, DH4, Gotha G.IV, Staaken R.VI and Friedrichshafen G.III), a Shuttleworth Trust pilot's impression of flying the Brisfit, a profile of Bavarian fighter ace Maz Mulzer, an article on flying a DH2 replica and one on flying a replica DR.I. There are other articles on Lightnings (the English Electric variety), Canberras and Spitfires.

In the news section, items on imminent first flight of Canadian Mosquito, the first 'hop' of the Caproni Ca.3, first flight of a repro Bleriot XI in Spain, the RAF Museums's 'First World War in the Air' exhibition due to open in December, Old Rhinebeck's D.VA reproduction getting ready to fly and a Farman replica for the Dutch National Military Museum. Well worth £4.30 of anyone's money.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Looks good Gunners. I have sent an order for that one. Thanks for the heads up.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Question

Now that looks a must!

July you say? So when will it hit the newsagents?

I will have to look out for that one. Thank you for letting us know about it, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Now that looks a must!

July you say? So when will it hit the newsagents?
    It already has in the UK. It comes out at the end of one month, and is the issue for the month after the upcoming month. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    July's Flypast magazine has a whole bunch of articles on WW1 in what they call a centenary tribute. I would post a few pics, but after upgrading my operating system my computer now refuses to talk to my scanner or printers...

We have a 4-page article entitled 'Warfare on the wing' with pics of original and repro aircraft; profiles of 6 fighters (Avro 504, SE5a, Nieuport 28, E.II, Dr.I and Albatros D.VA), 6 bomber profiles (0/400, BE2c, DH4, Gotha G.IV, Staaken R.VI and Friedrichshafen G.III), a Shuttleworth Trust pilot's impression of flying the Brisfit, a profile of Bavarian fighter ace Maz Mulzer, an article on flying a DH2 replica and one on flying a replica DR.I. There are other articles on Lightnings (the English Electric variety), Canberras and Spitfires.

In the news section, items on imminent first flight of Canadian Mosquito, the first 'hop' of the Caproni Ca.3, first flight of a repro Bleriot XI in Spain, the RAF Museums's 'First World War in the Air' exhibition due to open in December, Old Rhinebeck's D.VA reproduction getting ready to fly and a Farman replica for the Dutch National Military Museum. Well worth £4.30 of anyone's money.
    Thanks, Gunners; give me an excuse to hit the big box book stores again
    Re the computer problems: check and see if it will search and re-install the drivers on-line.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Jager is right on the money. When installing a new OS you should not migrate drivers from the old OS. Remove and re-install. A pain for certain but a small price to pay for things to work right. I think this would be your remedy, hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Thanks, Gunners; give me an excuse to hit the big box book stores again
    Re the computer problems: check and see if it will search and re-install the drivers on-line.
    Karl
    Thanks Karl, but been there, done that. It couldn't find the drivers so I will need to find new drivers and re-install when I get a moment to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    Jager is right on the money. When installing a new OS you should not migrate drivers from the old OS. Remove and re-install. A pain for certain but a small price to pay for things to work right. I think this would be your remedy, hope it works.
    Thanks chaps. This wasn't me installing a new OS, just an automatic update that was carried out when I shut down.

It already has in the UK. It comes out at the end of one month, and is the issue for the month after the upcoming month. Go figure
    Mine arrived today, and it is everything that Steve said and more.
    Worth getting just for the pictures alone.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. This month's Flypast mag
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 02:34
  2. This month's Flypast.....
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 00:31