Ares Games

Thread: Internal server error

Default Internal server error

Getting an
    Internal Server Error when trying to get to the AA site, this from both the Anchorage and WoG site.
    Is this being looked at ?

Got the same problem here too!

Yeah, an upgrade went bad Trying to sort it out.

Okay, should be working now.

its still not working right!
    It only lets you see one item in each category, I think its the item at the top of the page.

It's working fine now just been on. Send an extra tipple from the mess to the bally ground crew, sterling work chaps.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Great. I'm at work now and can't take a look at it

Yes all ok now, cheers Herr Oberst

Not working all that well as it will only bring up a single item from the drop downs not a list with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Not working all that well as it will only bring up a single item from the drop downs not a list with pics.
    Same for me

Yep I'm same,

Tried again this morning as I would like to order some aircraft but cannot see the full listings only a single picture/aircraft which sometimes changes when you reload the page.

Neil

The problem is still occuring, only shows the first item at the top of each catagory!

Exclamation

Hi Chaps!
    May I suggest a PM to Keith so he is made aware there is still a problem in case he does not pick up on this thread.

looks to me like a file redirection command is missing, blame the programers! LOL been there done that and lied about it afterwards.

LukefromNJ

As of 11:36 PM Eastern Time, Saturday May 26, I'm getting an "Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable" message.

Tried again this morning, can get yo site but as previous only one item showing per page

11:14 and problems still not resolved.

Since Keith is aware of the problem, wait until he announces it's fixed before submitting more posts?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Magento (the ecommerce software that AA runs on) is such a pain in the a##... hang in there Keith and keep fighting the good fight!!

Steve

LukefromNJ

I placed an order a few days before the crash and got an e-mail confirmation and billed (also before the crash). Would the crash effect or delay the order in any way?

Guys, I'm still working the site. The upgrade did not go smoothly to say the least. None of the orders that were placed before the "glitch" were lost. I can see them all in the backend, but I can't actually process them. I'm hoping to have it finally sorted out later tonight or tomorrow (think I've found the missing piece). Thanks for bearing with me everyone.

I was sent the files need to fix the site in the middle of the night last night. This means when I get home from work this afternoon I should be able to get things rolling again. I'm going to start with fixing the back end so that I can get the orders that have already been placed processed and shipped out to everyone. I'll then start working on the front end so that the site will display all of the products and those of you that are waiting to order stuff can do so. but first comes the people that have already paid for stuff

Again, I'm very sorry for the delay in getting these orders out and I really appreciate your patience while I sort all of this out. If anyone has any issues or concerns, please contact me via PM or email and I will take care of you. Thanks!

I got the site fixed enought to start processing the orders that have already been placed. We got quite a few of those processed yesterday. If your order processed, you whould have gotten an shipping notice email. If you did not get one of those emails, your order is still in the que. I'll be doing a lot more on Friday (I'm off that day) and my goal is to get all the orders out and the front end of the site working so everyone can place their new orders.

Thanks again for your patience.

Just sorry you have had such a lot of bother yet again Keith.
    Hope it all sorts out now. I will hold off ordering anything until you have had a chance to sort out the backlog.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

@ Keith,

In case it wasn't mentioned thank you very much for helping this community by all the things you do!

Warmest regards and take your time.

when you are ready to take NEW ORDERS, I.E. SITE WILL LET ME MAKE ORDER, PLEASE POST IN NEWS SECTION. until then best of luck from one programer to another!

as of june 3rd, 2014 site would let me look at stuff, 99% there just missing PRICES. other then that ready to order stuff.
    isn't programing web sites such a pleasure? i am glad i quite and started playing WOW instead....LOL
    Last edited by boomerpete53; 06-03-2014 at 12:28.

LukefromNJ

My order (which I placed before the site problems came up) got processed a few days ago, but the site is still not functioning properly.

The front end is still down. I recived what I hope is the correct files to get that fixed last night. If I can get the time (putting in about 15 hours at work today ;( ), I should have it working again this evening.

Looks like the site is up but in a different format. Also noticed that items do not show a price unless you add them to your cart.

It's not truly up yet. The theme is all jacked still and the product detail pages don't display any info. You can however place orders from the category index pages if you don't need to see the details. I've had several orders come through without issues.

I have just placed an order, and a pre order with no problem excepting that once you add an item to the cart you can't return to the shopping page but you can go through the checkout first page to get back into the store.
    Rob.

Thanks Rob, I saw them come in. With my crazy work schedule right now and Origins looming ever closer, this could not have happened at a worse time I'm not even sure I'll get it fixed completely before I have to leave for Origins.

I went ahead and placed a pre-order for some D.VIIs and a Gotha, which I'd been meaning to do for a while. Everything went well enough

Magento is a bear, good luck!

Steve
    Last edited by surfimp; 06-05-2014 at 21:32.

When you place things on your wish list it only shows one item.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    When you place things on your wish list it only shows one item.
    Don't worry Trevor.
    Keith is ironing these problems out as fast as he can.
    Meantime we just need to give him a bit of space.
    Rob.

Thanks for pointing the issues out though. Once I announce an "All Clear", then I'll really be looking for you guys to find the little issues by stress testing the site.

All Clear!!

Okay, the site should be 100% functional now. It is still sporting a plain white theme, but I'll have to dress it up after I get back from Origins. If you encounter any issues, please post them here.

Thanks everyone.

Similar Missions

1. Something Old And Something New to celebrate the new Server
    By Blackronin in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 04:29
  2. Error messages at the top of my screen
    By Biggles downunder in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-01-2014, 05:26
  3. Duel Pack Rulebook Error
    By The Scout in forum WGF: General Discussions