Ares Games

Thread: My Weekend

Default My Weekend

Sat morning :- Work (boo)
    Sat afternoon :- Sleep (yay)
    Sat Evening :- Mucho beero (Woopwoop)

Sunday morning :- Hangover, accompanied by much nagging. (just to help me recover )

Sunday afternoon :- went to Fort George, (biggest artillery fort in britain, in use from 1769 till today) the event was "Colossal celebration of the centuries". we had different re-enactors doing a 15 minute display non stop for 3 & 1/2 hours. From Roman Legionarys, through to 1939-45. One of the highlights for me was watching 40 or so members of Frasers Dragoones
    (1650) doing there bit, loads of cannon fire and musket fire. Clouds of black powder smoke all day!

Then at 3.15 pm, a Spitfire did a 15 minute aerobatic display....gotta love the merlin....beautiful, made my weekend.

Thumbs up My Weekend

That sounds like a great event!

Rich

This is a great way for people to experience a glimpse of our history without the pain of an in depth history lesson. I am of course not biased in any way.
    My regiment of Jacobites will be up in Scotland doing Prestonpans on 18th and 19th September.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Enfilade - Memorial Day Weekend
    By Pooh in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 12:43
  2. Multiplayer: Another Weekend another sortie...
    By Anav in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 00:38