Ares Games

Thread: Lend-Lease Operation Gemeinschaft Coin

Default Lend-Lease Operation Gemeinschaft Coin

It is with great pride that we now offer a limited edition challenge coin for the 2014 Lend-Lease. These 1.75" (44.5mm) metal antique silver coins feature the site logo and motto on one side of the coin, while the other side features a map of Germany in it's national colors on the other. The text reads " "Operation Gemeinschaft" and "Lend-Lease 2014". Operation Gemeinschaft translates in to Operation Companionship (or Community).

Only 50 of these coins were minted and they will not be produced again.

All proceeds go to cover expenses for the Lend-Lease programs and running events at Origins Game Fair. Due to the limited number of coins available, they are being sold via the AA site as it can accurately track the inventory real time.

Get yours before they are gone!

Just ordered.

Beautiful work, Keith.

Sven, we are looking forward to having you here.

oooooooh, Shiny! .....

...alright ordered here also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    Is this the last "raffle"?
    Nope, there is still the Caproni that the community sent around the world to be raffled off.

Glad I checked in this evening... very shiny. It will be a nice companion to the site coin I ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Glad I checked in this evening... very shiny. It will be a nice companion to the site coin I ordered.
    DITTO!

Ordered this coin to go along with the site coin. Two nice additions.

Ordered!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

"Operation Gemeinschaft" has nothing to do with Coal. I stand corrected. :)

Bugger. Ordered my site coin already and now i see this

Unfortunately, I won't order the coin, since I decided to use the money to support the family of a police officer who was deliberately ran over by a drug addict in his car trying to flee the police on Friday, causing an open fracture of her leg and a serious head injury. She died in hospital yesterday, at the age of 36, leaving two kids. She had served our country since the age of 20. May she rest in peace and the bloody bastard rot in jail.

I am sure Sven will understand my decision.

Jan sorry for your loss. This goes to show as you stated before that police put their lives on the line daily to protect others.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    Unfortunately, I won't order the coin, since I decided to use the money to support the family of a police officer who was deliberately ran over by a drug addict in his car trying to flee the police on Friday, causing an open fracture of her leg and a serious head injury. She died in hospital yesterday, at the age of 36, leaving two kids. She had served our country since the age of 20. May she rest in peace and the bloody bastard rot in jail.

I am sure Sven will understand my decision.
    Jan;
    I'm sure everyone here understands and approves your decision. Those that serve and protect us deserve our support, and our prayers.
    Karl
    Last edited by Jager; 05-05-2014 at 07:38.
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Arrived just now, and looking great!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Just received my Site and Operation Gemeinschaft challenge coins... they look great!

Now back from Rome, i finally got my order in.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Mine arrived today - it's Verruh nice!

Received my coins today, very nice, bigger than I thought too
    mmmmm.......shiny

Coin came yesterday and looks great. Good job on them.

There is now a silver level for the Origins Ground Crew 2014 medal.

Purchasing the LL coin acts the same as if supporting LL via a raffle, so, for example, if you have participated in the two raffles, and have bought the coin, you would qualify for the silver medal level.

If you request a given level of medal due to purchasing the coin, please include your real first and last name in the text box requesting why the medal should be granted; this will help those who need to double-check with Paypal receipts.

Silver level text-box example:
    First Name, Last Name
    2 raffles plus the coin

Glad to hear everyone is happy with the LL coin. Is it something we should do every year??

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Glad to hear everyone is happy with the LL coin. Is it something we should do every year??
    If it brings enough revenue in to help the lease lend programme I would continue. It makes a nice break from the raffles, and this way everyone wins.
    Rob.

I agree with Rob. I have something tangible as a reminder that I was part of a community effort to bring a fellow member to Origins. The design and quality of the coin, too, makes collecting them enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    There is now a silver level for the Origins Ground Crew 2014 medal.

Purchasing the LL coin acts the same as if supporting LL via a raffle, so, for example, if you have participated in the two raffles, and have bought the coin, you would qualify for the silver medal level...
    Will it be possible to reach LL Medal Gold with 3 Raffles and the LL coin?

I would agree.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

It is very possible. That, however, is for Oberst Hajj to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If it brings enough revenue in to help the lease lend programme I would continue. It makes a nice break from the raffles, and this way everyone wins.
    Rob.
    We are a ways from being sold out, but I can say they are a good revenue source for the program. And as long as you guys like/want them, I can't see a reason for not making them a yearly thing.

Along those lines, would there be any interest in making two coins for the first two LL events? That would mean a British and Polish coin. As those two events are already completed, these would be just for completeness/collecting sake. Funds would go to further coins and convention needs after paying for them selves. I would imagine those would be priced at $12 each.

Rob.
    Well said.

...That would mean a British and Polish coin. As those two events are already completed, these would be just for completeness/collecting sake...
    Nobody here does that... not at all...

Keith, if you can sell enough to not lose on the project, I vote yes to past coins.

I would order one for each, though I was not onsite during the first Lend-Lease. Regardless, the money would go to good use, and I could still participate, even if after the fact, in Steve's trip, that is if there are any coins from that year still available.

I would go for it just as a reminder of the events.
    Rob.

Keith;
    For continuing to have a LL coin each year, I'm all for it. It does allow those contributing to the cause to get something in addition to that warm fuzzy feeling
    However, I wouldn't advise doing coins for the previous LLs. I would buy them, but I don't know if you would sell out.
    Karl

I would buy a coin for each of the previous LL (UK & Poland), despite the fact that those fundraisers have run their course. The funds raised would certainly help maintain the site, and perhaps allow Keith the flexibility to bring new products to the table. As it is, this year has already seen the addition of pint glasses, flasks, challenge coins, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Well said.
    Ditto

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Now back from Rome, i finally got my order in.
    Rob.
    Not fighting those gladiators again Rob (the people not the planes)

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

My medal finally arrived. Does this entitle me to upgrade on Origins Ground Crew 2014 from Bronze to Silver?

It should do Robert.
    Put in for it.
    Rob.

Missed this bit/thread but I'm all for the coins and passed years too.

Neil

We are a ways from being sold out, but I can say they are a good revenue source for the program. And as long as you guys like/want them, I can't see a reason for not making them a yearly thing.

Along those lines, would there be any interest in making two coins for the first two LL events? That would mean a British and Polish coin. As those two events are already completed, these would be just for completeness/collecting sake. Funds would go to further coins and convention needs after paying for them selves. I would imagine those would be priced at $12 each.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Well, it's time to start working on the 2015 Lend Lease coin, so I've now put these on sale for 50% off. So if you have thought about picking some extra ones up for trading later on, now is your chance! There is not a lot left, so you better act fast!

Similar Missions

1. Lend Lease Raffle 2
    By rkwright in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 16:53
  2. Lend-Lease 2013!!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Origins Game Fairs
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 22:27
  3. National: Lend-Lease 2013
    By marcoperse in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 1