Ares Games

Thread: Valom announce a Fokker DrI

Default Valom announce a Fokker DrI

Looking at Hannants website, it seems that Valom are going to bring out a Triplane kit, estimated release October 2014. Take the date with a pinch of salt though.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Looking at Hannants website, it seems that Valom are going to bring out a Triplane kit, estimated release October 2014. Take the date with a pinch of salt though.
    Good, that gives me several months to master doing Valom kits...I'd imagine a triplane kit would be awfully fiddly!

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Also an Albatros D.V on the Valom website:

http://www.valom.net/pripravujeme_en.html

Ahem!
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Good news, looking forward to the Dr1 coming from Valom. I've built the Sop' Pup, the Se5a, and the Nieuport, just waiting for the Albatros to be released.
    Haven't tried the Fokker DV11 though not much point with the new release from Ares coming soon.

Nice, but where to get them in the US? Love the Pups I've built.

still waiting on a usa supplier, i would most likely get two kits a month. hey i might even buy unfinished kits lol.

I just ordered the Fokker DVII kit from "UMM-USA". don't recall how I found it, but they take the typical forms of payment including Paypal and checks/money orders. The only other WWI kit was the Sopwith Pup, the Neuport and SE5a were out of stock/backordered. Not sure how good the service is yet as this is my first time with them. Hope this helps.

www.umm-usa.com

what other company's make kits that work for WOW/WOG, i know someone made a list of them but don't know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    I just ordered the Fokker DVII kit from "UMM-USA". don't recall how I found it, but they take the typical forms of payment including Paypal and checks/money orders. The only other WWI kit was the Sopwith Pup, the Neuport and SE5a were out of stock/backordered. Not sure how good the service is yet as this is my first time with them. Hope this helps.

www.umm-usa.com
    Thanks for the info, I'll give them a look. Hope they can get the Nieuports and SE5As.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post

www.umm-usa.com
    UMM is excellent, I've ordered Valom kits from them a few times before.

Highly recommend. Although I will say Valom kits, while great for what they are, are not for the faint of heart, or the inexperienced modeler. I've been doing this whole wargaming thing for 10+ years and those Valom kits were more than I can handle in many cases (the D.VII being the exception, so far).

Quote Originally Posted by horsepyre View Post
    UMM is excellent, I've ordered Valom kits from them a few times before.

Highly recommend. Although I will say Valom kits, while great for what they are, are not for the faint of heart, or the inexperienced modeler. I've been doing this whole wargaming thing for 10+ years and those Valom kits were more than I can handle in many cases (the D.VII being the exception, so far).

I agree. I have only finished a couple of Pups so far and it was quite a serious effort building them. That said, I will still get more in the future and test my patience as they are very nice when finished.

Similar Missions

1. Fokker DVII by Valom - photo presentation
    By Lino22 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 14:12
  2. Heads-up on Valom Fokker D.VII availability
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 05:53
  3. Valom Fokker DVII
    By Timmo UK in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 4